Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is more girly?
I do not garden or dress metro and think gardening is more girly 4 13.33%
I do not garden or dress metro and think dressing somewhat metro is more girly 17 56.67%
I garden and think gardening is more girly 1 3.33%
I garden and think dressing somewhat metro is more girly 3 10.00%
I dress metro and garden and think dressing somewhat metro is more girly 0 0%
I dress metro and garden and think dressing somewhat metro is more girly 0 0%
I do not garden or dress metro and think gardening is more girly 1 3.33%
I do not garden or dress metro and think dressing somewhat metro is more girly 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2006, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Dick Vitale makes me vomit

[ QUOTE ]
and if they get a seed higher than a 4 in the tourney, will lose first round.

[/ QUOTE ]

So according to you the higher their seed the more likely they are to lose in the 1st round? Your logic throughout this thread is just impeccable.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:49 PM

Higher numerically, like 5 is higher than 4.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:52 PM

Vitale (and Billy Packer) make it impossible to watch basketball.

He's all "style" and no content, and beyond yelling, he brings nothing to the table in terms of analysis.

If you enjoy him you are part of the problem.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:55 PM

My Duke hatred partially stems from Vitale thinking all Duke players are great, I cringe when he starts talking about Paulus being a quarterback and how great McRoberts is as he continues to suck and be projected top 5 NBA draft pick. I just hate Vitale, he is a moron, and Duke sucks this year yet he still thinks they are good.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My Duke hatred partially stems from Vitale thinking all Duke players are great, I cringe when he starts talking about Paulus being a quarterback and how great McRoberts is as he continues to suck and be projected top 5 NBA draft pick. I just hate Vitale, he is a moron, and Duke sucks this year yet he still thinks they are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

So so far we've come up with a definition of sucks to you as on a team basis being a team that is a top 10 team in both human and computer polls, and a sucky player is one who would start for basically any team in college basketball, is a former high school all american and will be a lottery pick in the nba. That about right?

By the way you talk a lot of [censored] for a guy whose team lost to Old Dominion.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So so far we've come up with a definition of sucks to you as on a team basis being a team that is a top 10 team in both human and computer polls, and a sucky player is one who would start for basically any team in college basketball, is a former high school all american and will be a lottery pick in the nba. That about right?

By the way you talk a lot of [censored] for a guy whose team lost to Old Dominion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy there. McRoberts has a lot of talent / potential, but he's nowhere near "special" as Vitale has anointed him. He's not able to get his shot off in the post much at all.

And Duke is way overrated at #10, I think, unless everyone sucks.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:09 PM

I never said Georgetown was good. If you think McRoberts is good, you are a fool. He is a very bad version of Darko, and I said before, Duke will not be ranked top 20 by the end of the year.

So far you have decided that Duke is good because of their inflated preseason ranking, although the one good team they have played beat them pretty easily. If you root for an NBA team, I hope they draft McRoberts and you can enjoy his All American skills.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vitale (and Billy Packer) make it impossible to watch basketball.

He's all "style" and no content, and beyond yelling, he brings nothing to the table in terms of analysis.

If you enjoy him you are part of the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious...what IS the problem?
Old 11-29-2006, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So far you have decided that Duke is good because of their inflated preseason ranking

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, damn those inflated preseason computer rankings.....

[ QUOTE ]
although the one good team they have played beat them pretty easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you didn't actually see this game, as it was a close and well fought game the whole way and Marquette didn't pull away until the end, but given your stellar analysis throughout this thread it doesn't surprise me that it consists of little more than looking at box scores. And Marquette is clearly one of the best teams in the country this year. I was quite happy watching that game as Marquette and Duke are my two favorite teams in college basketball, and Marquette looks to have a top-flight team this year, while Duke looks like they have a team that is about the 10th to 20th best team in the country this year, so just keep talking [censored] because barring a serious injury I am going to have a very enjoyable college basketball season.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:40 PM

fwiw, hoya here is the same guru who thinks McNabb is part of the problem in Philly, will never win there, and pretty much any QB would be an improvement and should be traded for draft picks.

web page