Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Are relationships and marriage all the rage?

[ QUOTE ]
i suppose children are the meaning of life in the sense that they are the future, blah blah

[ QUOTE ]
To me it all boils down to friendship in the long run and in the short run "love"...which is nothing more than evolution and chemistry, a biological trick for making babies and keeping the family together until the kids are able to make it on their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the opposite is true. friendship is more applicable in the short term, whereas love is what holds a relationship together when it is put to the test. i won't go so far as to say love is eternal, but it certainly could be.

i disagree completely about love being a "biological trick." sex and the pleasure it provides is the trick for making babies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to disagree, but I think the evidence is clear. Friendships always outlast marriages (unless the friendship is broken up by a "love" relationship)
Old 09-01-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i suppose children are the meaning of life in the sense that they are the future, blah blah

[ QUOTE ]
To me it all boils down to friendship in the long run and in the short run "love"...which is nothing more than evolution and chemistry, a biological trick for making babies and keeping the family together until the kids are able to make it on their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the opposite is true. friendship is more applicable in the short term, whereas love is what holds a relationship together when it is put to the test. i won't go so far as to say love is eternal, but it certainly could be.

i disagree completely about love being a "biological trick." sex and the pleasure it provides is the trick for making babies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to disagree, but I think the evidence is clear. Friendships always outlast marriages (unless the friendship is broken up by a "love" relationship)

[/ QUOTE ]

apples and oranges imo. friendships should last longer as they are much easier to maintain.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Children are your personal definition of the meaning of life, which may not be applicable to anyone else, and may well be for a lot of people a self-justifying way to explain being too lazy to take a trip to the drugstore.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it is not "my personal" meaning of life, it is the evolutionary/biological meaning of life...the only one that counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Riiiight...

"Meaning" is not a concept that comes from biology or evolution.

But if you want to narrow your view of life down to whether your squirts take hold, so be it.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love words like "always."

You seem to be wedded to absolutist and simplistic ideas.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:47 AM

Date #2 was wonderful. We had dinner and came back here to my place for a movie and the best part was how she feel asleep laying on my chest [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2007, 05:44 PM

That ^^^^ is so nice to read... I have to admit, that though I get some education/amusement from ppls's trainwreck tr's/posts, this & similar (like, 4 example, the one about 'Chair and FFK's engagement) renew my faith in existence.
There's not a lot more you can do over the next weeks/months than ask yourself: Do I rilly like this person as an entity and not just as a gf? Could I see myself getting old with her? If those answers are "yes", then WATCH OUT cause she could be "da one."
gl
Old 09-03-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That ^^^^ is so nice to read... I have to admit, that though I get some education/amusement from ppls's trainwreck tr's/posts, this & similar (like, 4 example, the one about 'Chair and FFK's engagement) renew my faith in existence.
There's not a lot more you can do over the next weeks/months than ask yourself: Do I rilly like this person as an entity and not just as a gf? Could I see myself getting old with her? If those answers are "yes", then WATCH OUT cause she could be "da one."
gl

[/ QUOTE ]

in such an early stage of a relationship, is it really necessary to consider whether someone could be the one?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:58 PM

haha
Old 09-04-2007, 12:22 AM

tarheel,

I dont think its a crazy thought because in the early stages I think most people including myself want to think about it there is a chance of something more with the person. Maybe not "the one" in some cases but for sure if there is a future.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tarheel,

I dont think its a crazy thought because in the early stages I think most people including myself want to think about it there is a chance of something more with the person. Maybe not "the one" in some cases but for sure if there is a future.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, but i think there is a huge difference b/t saying "i would be interested in something more" and "i would marry this person."