Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which play impressed you more?
Doyle's fold of QQ after the flop on a board of rags vs. Reese's KK 66 60.00%
Sexton's call on the turn and the river against Matusow with bottom pair, crappy kicker 44 40.00%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: 100NL 3bet Pot C/R

[ QUOTE ]

When checked too villain is betting MOST of his range, overcards/weak made hands/gutshots/overpairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree, and even if it's true, he's not going to fold once he bets, though he might have folded if you bet.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:04 PM

traz, i too thought at first he wouldn't fold enough to a c/r, but now i'm really unsure, maybe he does, i still take b/f or b/c line (depending on if we get odds)...
Old 10-31-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cr sucks because he's never folding once he bets imo. cc shove and b/c are way better. I probably b/c

I also hate the idea of someone who posts a hand and then goes on and on about how his action was best. Why even post the hand, you know best obviously

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'm not sure where you got this idea but I clearly stated that my line was not the best. I posted the hand so everyone can learn and it's healthy to discuss different lines.

He's never folding once he bets? How did you reach that conclusion? He is folding AK type hands and JQ/weaker pocket pairs that will bet/fold to a shove.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:08 PM

sl, see ur reply to holdemnewby and i think that's where traz got that idea that u stated c/c shove was best
Old 10-31-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cr sucks because he's never folding once he bets imo. cc shove and b/c are way better. I probably b/c

I also hate the idea of someone who posts a hand and then goes on and on about how his action was best. Why even post the hand, you know best obviously

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'm not sure where you got this idea but I clearly stated that my line was not the best. I posted the hand so everyone can learn and it's healthy to discuss different lines.

He's never folding once he bets? How did you reach that conclusion? He is folding AK type hands and JQ/weaker pocket pairs that will bet/fold to a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever, maybe you're just coming off wrong to me. In any case, if there's a chance he'd bet/fold, then there's definitely a chance he would've folded to your bet. My arguement is it's more likely he'll fold to your bet, then he will fold to a cr, because a) he mostly bet hands he is willing to stack off with and b) even if he takes a stab, I don't see him folding all that often once he partially commits himself
Old 10-31-2007, 02:13 PM

What's the benefit of cc-shove over cr?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if he's betting with overs or some weird draw and the turn blanks, he may fold when his equity tanks (or maybe we can bluff a scare card, I don't know, but I think there's more FE in a bunch of situations than a crai)
Old 10-31-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain real equity is a lot lower on the turn than flop. I.E. We have more fold equity.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain real equity is a lot lower on the turn than flop. I.E. We have more fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm ours is more affected....
Old 10-31-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever, maybe you're just coming off wrong to me. In any case, if there's a chance he'd bet/fold, then there's definitely a chance he would've folded to your bet. My arguement is it's more likely he'll fold to your bet, then he will fold to a cr, because a) he mostly bet hands he is willing to stack off with and b) even if he takes a stab, I don't see him folding all that often once he partially commits himself

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think it's less likely he will fold to my bet. This flop is pretty bad to c-bet on because the majority of my 3betting range from his perception (overpairs/overcards) missed this flop. So I would argue that it is MORE likely for him to shove over my c-bet then to call my c/r.

When I check this flop it looks like I am giving up, therefore villain will take "stabs" with a much wider range than he is willing to stack off with.