Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: The Well: Jurollo (01.23.07)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You've probably posted it a dozen times, and if so a link would suffice, but you're one of the few MTT known posters whose poker/life story I know next to nothing about. So, go nuts!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am going to, it will take longer then other stuff here though.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:13 AM

Most painful poker moment?

Most enjoyable?

Whos posts do you always look forward to reading?

If you could have 50% (for free) of one MTTCer in the WSOP ME and only one, who ya gonna take?

Do you have to read every post?
Old 01-24-2007, 02:08 AM
 is offline

Pretend for a second that I like emo. Which bands (and songs) would it be absolutely sinful if I did not have on my playlist?

I actually used to really like The Juliana Theory, even before they went semi-mainstream and more electro sounding. Was that cool or should I not tell people this?

Was it bad karma that right when we were going to start up that online poker-based business that all this legislative [censored] went down?
Old 01-24-2007, 02:12 AM

kramer brings up a good point, why are you so emo. Also, did you enjoy badgers grinding at pca?
Old 01-24-2007, 02:13 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
kramer brings up a good point, why are you so emo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prediction: a bearded girl broke his heart. It would explain more than one thing.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:20 AM

I recall hearing him shout the name naatthh in a bad dream he had while passed out. Prob the bearded lady
Old 01-24-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretend for a second that I like emo. Which bands (and songs) would it be absolutely sinful if I did not have on my playlist?

I actually used to really like The Juliana Theory, even before they went semi-mainstream and more electro sounding. Was that cool or should I not tell people this?

Was it bad karma that right when we were going to start up that online poker-based business that all this legislative [censored] went down?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a fan of Julianna Theory... here are some of my favorite bands:

Circa Survive
The Receiving End of Sirens
Brand New
Copeland
The Red Jumpsuit Appartus
City and Colour
Jack's Mannequinn
Saosin

I dont know why I am 'emo' but I was actually called emo by an ex before I even knew what it was. I am a passionate person and I live in the moment so I think that is where it comes from. My success in poker flies directly in the face of my personality off the felt as I am extremely level headed while playing and live in the moment when I am not. Also "Top of the World" is a good old Julianna Theory song.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kramer brings up a good point, why are you so emo. Also, did you enjoy badgers grinding at pca?

[/ QUOTE ]
As mentioned I am just an emotional person, I was grounded well early and have a great relationship with my mother and father so unlike a lot of kids I wasnt exclusively spending time playing sports (although I have my whole life) but spending quality one on one time with my mom as well. That amongst other reasons have made my a pretty well adjusted adult male and am likely seen as "emo" in comparison to some of the "Brawny Men" elsewhere.
~J
Old 01-24-2007, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most painful poker moment?
Losing allin for 60% of the chips in play 7 handed in the Dise 100k with AA vs 77 preflop

Most enjoyable?
Winning the Stars $150 or winning my first WSOP seat in an Empire freeroll 2 years ago, 450 players 1 seat

Whos posts do you always look forward to reading?
Adanthar, Nath, Uclabruinz, Ansky, NoahSD, and more

If you could have 50% (for free) of one MTTCer in the WSOP ME and only one, who ya gonna take?
Uclabruinz, bar none, he is so solid that I think if he played the live circuit full time he would tear it up. He just doesnt make many mistakes

Do you have to read every post?
Not even close

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-24-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you first started playing, did you struggle like the rest of the newbs say they do (like I do)? If so, what did you do to get over that and finally feel like you could play?

[/ QUOTE ]
I struggled a LOT when I first started. Then I had some success and gave some back. I really grew from reading here and trying out my own ideas at the table. So much good can be had from trying and experimenting your own ideas at the tables and a lot of people dont do it enough. They simply read books and use them like a Bible of sorts when in all actuality all the books in the world wont make a good player. A lot of the things I have read about in NLHE TAP I was already doing naturally from my own experimenting. Books might speed up the learning curve, however, I think the application of said techniques still takes a while to sink in. Learning and experimenting on your own has always been much more intuitive to me.