Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2006 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Award?
Billy Donovan 1 1.67%
Vince Young 2 3.33%
Italy's WC Team 1 1.67%
Bill Cowher 0 0%
Roger Federer 11 18.33%
Dwayne Wade 5 8.33%
Tony La Russa 1 1.67%
Paul Tagliabue 2 3.33%
George Mason men's bb team 4 6.67%
Tiger Woods 28 46.67%
"Game of Shadows" writers 3 5.00%
Other 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

[ QUOTE ]
Any micro limit regulars at FTP, I used to play 100NL and 50NL a long time ago but I withdrew after all the legislation and I am no grinding it at 10NL so if anyone wants to discuss some hands and stuff or share info on players let me know

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you seen how bad the rake is at the NL10 level there???
Old 03-12-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to analyze the stats I have from the 30K hands there where I was ai and ahead later this week (about 250 of them). I'm curious if it just seems like they suck out more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't waste your time, as your sample is WAY too small. I would be astonished if something fishy was going on, but only an analysis of hundreds of thousands of hands will allow you to 'confirm' anything.

As I say, I don't believe it, but even a sceptic like me has to admit that there do seem to be more suckouts at FT.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am going to analyze the stats I have from the 30K hands there where I was ai and ahead later this week (about 250 of them). I'm curious if it just seems like they suck out more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't waste your time, as your sample is WAY too small. I would be astonished if something fishy was going on, but only an analysis of hundreds of thousands of hands will allow you to 'confirm' anything.

As I say, I don't believe it, but even a sceptic like me has to admit that there do seem to be more suckouts at FT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but it's all I have in the 30K hands I've played. It's more a curiosity for me anyway, I'll probably find I won my fair share. But I think what has happened to me over the past 20K hands is that the suckouts have come mostly from the big stacks while my hands have held up against the short stacks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2007, 02:39 PM

Ok sorry to keep sounding like an azz, but seriously stop being such damn noobs. Full Tilt isn't rigged, you don't get more bad beats there than other sites. And also, 30k hands is a [censored] joke and not worth 'analzying to see how you fare all in ahead'. You should focus on improving and putting in more volume, instead of thinking about rigged sites and how bad you're running.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok sorry to keep sounding like an azz, but seriously stop being such damn noobs. Full Tilt isn't rigged, you don't get more bad beats there than other sites. And also, 30k hands is a [censored] joke and not worth 'analzying to see how you fare all in ahead'. You should focus on improving and putting in more volume, instead of thinking about rigged sites and how bad you're running.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you even read what I said or were you too busy trying to make yourself feel good by calling people noobs? Here let me make it clearer for you:

I agree, but it's all I have in the 30K hands I've played. Again, I know it is a small sample size but that does not mean it is insignificant. The real question is just how significant is it? This actually depends on the results.

It's more a curiosity for me anyway, I'll probably find I won my fair share. I think this is the part you didn't read. Go back and read it again, does that sound like a "OMG It's rigged" statement? No, I like numbers, I'm going to analyze the data. How does that imply I don't also look for ways to improve my game?

But I think what has happened to me over the past 20K hands is that the suckouts have come mostly from the big stacks while my hands have held up against the short stacks Just variance really, [censored] happens.

Was there something meaningful you wanted to add to this discussion or did you just want to call people n00bs?
Old 03-12-2007, 03:07 PM

My bad raistlin I just saw these two quotes -

I can't say it is rigged of course with any certainly, but some rather improbable events
occur a little too often for my taste. Others have said the same thing.

It is no joke about how often a 2-5 outer pulls ahead when you get all in before the river there.
I am going to analyze the stats I have from the 30K hands there where I was ai and ahead later this week.

I have seen a few others lately complaining about small sample sizes, 'rigged', etc and also 'sharing reads' on regulars that are based off tiny samples, so guess I am a bit touchy.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My bad raistlin I just saw these two quotes -

I can't say it is rigged of course with any certainly, but some rather improbable events
occur a little too often for my taste. Others have said the same thing.

It is no joke about how often a 2-5 outer pulls ahead when you get all in before the river there.
I am going to analyze the stats I have from the 30K hands there where I was ai and ahead later this week.

I have seen a few others lately complaining about small sample sizes, 'rigged', etc and also 'sharing reads' on regulars that are based off tiny samples, so guess I am a bit touchy. z

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries. As I said, I'm not in anyway stating the site is rigged, I have no idea. All I am saying is like others it has seemed in the 36K hands I have played (the 30K refers only to one level) there have been a lot of suckouts, not just with me but with others at the tables I have been at as well. I just haven't seen that at other sites. Or at least it seems that way.

However there can be many reasons for this and in fact it could be my mind playing tricks on me. That is the main reason I want to look at the math.

To be honest, I actually like the site more than the others and I'm hoping by looking at the numbers I can feel easier about some of the things I have seen. But I have to say, I've seen a couple of different things that have a probability of happening very rarely. One there was a 1.5% chance and the other was very small, around 0.1% of the time. But that is still not saying it is rigged. Just that I have been unlucky.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:28 PM

You seem to go out of your way to defend FTP - what are your interests in the site?
Old 03-12-2007, 05:50 PM

yea its pretty bad, but I only play at one site and ftp is it...
Old 03-12-2007, 05:56 PM

It would be insane to rig the site to make more money, and in the process risk thier business, when they are already making plenty of cash. The suck outs are just a function of the number of bad donks. That makes FTP sounds like a great proposition to me. See you there.