Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2006, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Internet addiction / 2+2 addiction

theres nothing wrong with liking 2p2
Old 03-07-2006, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I spent as much time playing poker as I do reading 2+2 i'd have twice my bankroll [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I tell myself each day to play, not read... then I just get home from class and first thing I do to relax is open up 2+2 :|

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the exact same way here. If I played more I would win more, duh and playing for a living you'd think you want to win more. About 2 months ago I hit 1k posts on a diff. poker site and I said after 1k I wouldnt post so much at any site. Just to stop posting at the other site I just typed in random letters to change my password so I couldnt anymore, very sad. I am doing better not posting but I read all the time. This is only my 2nd post in about of month because who could resist posting in the "ZJ" debacle in the MTT forum. I really wish I'd just stop reading and start playing.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:21 AM

I haven't read any of the responses, but Bob has pretty much nailed what I'm going through. Only that I don't work, so I'm missing out on study time or poker time. It's a shame really, as I'm climbing up the small stakes and want to get up there by the time summer comes around.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:26 AM

I read 2+2 all day when I'm at work...for approx 10 hours...

I read all forums and will randomly appear in other forums...

I post very infrequently when I'm indoors....as I only get a certain amount of time to play as I'm eithe rplaying sports/at the gym/out with work or out with mates...I try to stay off 2+2 in the evenings...

I use another 2+2 account when indoors so that when I'm at work, I have certain stuff that I know I haven't read...That is pretty sad IMO...

I only browse with the other account and it has 12 posts or so....a few of them were accidental posts when i thought I was logged in with this SN...
Old 03-08-2006, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I read 2+2 all day when I'm at work

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-08-2006, 06:31 AM

get a software that denies you access to 2+2 on certain times and also sets a total time limit for the day unless you enable access by typing some 100 letters ass long password.

This was the best I could find:
http://www.download.com/Software-Tim...ml?tag=lst-0-2
Old 03-08-2006, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
get a software that denies you access to 2+2 on certain times and also sets a total time limit for the day unless you enable access by typing some 100 letters ass long password.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I had no idea such a tool existed. This really removes any lingering excuse about resisting the constant checking in.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I had no idea such a tool existed. This really removes any lingering excuse about resisting the constant checking in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it is a really great software. I should have said that it isn't a free ware though. It has a 30 day trial and then it costs $30. I never bought it myself. It looks home made but it's still pretty swell. I found it strange that I couldn't find any more professional applications with the same functionality.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to stop posting at the other site I just typed in random letters to change my password so I couldnt anymore, very sad. I am doing better not posting but I read all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely post anymore but I still read quite a bit, the problem is I read more forums than I used to. Also I remember when typical threads would have ten or so responses, and a lot of them recently have had fifty or more responses due to the increasing popularity of this site. It's funny because I don't even play much poker anymore, basically 2+2 serves as a means of wasting time/procrastinating when i'm at a computer. I'm wondering if maybe changing my password into random letters would work, because I definately think the time I spend on these forums could be better used elsewhere...
Old 03-12-2006, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol. I know exactly what you're talking about. I've only known about 2+2 for less than a month and already I've done 68 posts....

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you are very close to microbob's posting frequency! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]