Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Stuff to do In Chicago

"Architecture Boat Tour FTW. You go down the River and see a lot of really cool buildings with a good tour guide. I've never meet anybody who hasn't thouroughly enjoyed it."

Count me as one. The concierge at our hotel advised us to go with another company, one that leaves from the pier and has an architecture expert on board. The narrator on the Wendella boat tour sounded as if she were twelve years old and was mispronouncing every semi-technical architectural term. It was pathetic.

-Michael
Old 06-16-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
rogue,

yeah, a large part of the chipotle mythos comes from its quality relative to other fast food.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's because most people have [censored] taste in food.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:11 PM

I was in Chicago two months ago for Business with my pops, I hadn't ever been to a city like that before (nothing like Orlando), I had a blast.

First night I was there we went to this restaurant/mini-brewery called Rock Bottom on West Grand. Food was great, their in house beer was great, atmosphere in the bar was great (lot of mid 20 and lower 30 somethings) with sports on a couple of large TVs on the walls.

Third night we went to the Chop House, which my dad had hyped up for about the 6 months leading to the trip. They didn't fail to deliver on the hype. It's probably the best steakhouse in Chicago, and one of the best in the country. Just your basic meat and potatoes type of place, but the steak can't be beaten and the service was better than I had experienced anywhere. It's expensive ($30-40 for a steak, plus drinks), but it's definitely worth it.

I didn't get to see much else as I was there for a convention, but there's a ton of stuff along and near Michigan Ave (stores, pubs, etc). Hit up the Museums (Fields wasn't bad - right across from Soldier Field), and check out the 94th floor of the Hancock Building (preferably at night)

edit: oh you already went :[
Old 06-18-2007, 09:21 PM

Chophouse here I come!

I'm back to Chicago this week for some more work. it's gonna be a bit more hectic than last time so I won't get to do much, but I am planning on Chophouse Tuesday night, and probably hit the bars a bit Wednesday night.
Then Thursday night I catch the late flight back to NH, and jump on a plane to Key West to try some scuba diving this weekend. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2007, 11:26 PM

i'm a big fan of Tavern on Rush for steaks, "the wiener circle" for hot dogs, cafe babareeba for some tapas, and enjoy some 10 Pin for bowling and drinks.

wrigley is always a great environment. make sure you hit up cubbybear before the game.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Architecture Boat Tour FTW. You go down the River and see a lot of really cool buildings with a good tour guide. I've never meet anybody who hasn't thouroughly enjoyed it."

[/ QUOTE ]

my neck never hurt so bad... looking up at the buildings for that whole tour does some damage.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:11 PM

rotting in the airport: hour 4

lame

edit: although technically they allowed us to rot on the plane for an hour before then kicking us back into the terminal
Old 06-20-2007, 01:56 AM

Portillo's is awesome. Hot dogs are good there, but you can't find better for sure. But the italian beef, hamburger, and beef n cheddar croisant are awesome.

Stop hating losers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 06-20-2007, 01:58 AM

This place is disgusting. Not sure why people like it.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cafe babareeba

[/ QUOTE ]

Always fun.