Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Brag: My buddy killed a guy who tried to rob his party

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh i actually read the 2nd one first... which was posted after and mucks this one
guess im not crazy -.-, just in another forum

[/ QUOTE ]
ban.

[/ QUOTE ]
noooo.......

YOU [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]!
Old 07-13-2007, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe your friend is not going to jail?!?
He killed the guy in cold blood. If the robber made a move with his gun or something it's ok, but he just stood there and mouthed off your friend and your friend just shot him dead. That seems wrong to me and looks like 2nd degree murder.
I'm not sure about American laws but i'm sure you would be in trouble in Canada if you shot someone dead like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Self defense is pretty broad. If you feel like your life or your friend's life is endangered you can take another's life. Since the other guy was pointing a gun at the hostage and wouldn't drop it this should be more than enough. There is a certain amount to be said for the crime being committed in his home too. You can get away with self defense easier defending your home than if the same thing happened at someone else's home or on the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the good old uk you can't. [censored] 2nd degree, this would be open and shut 1st degree murder in jail for life. But 'life' in the uk is a joke 14 yrs out in 10 or so anyway. uk legal system angers me.
I am not a lawyer or anything, but I'm pretty sure this is the case and an old dude who lived on a farm and shot a robber in his house got banged up for a long time.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i suppose but seriously would he really be in the state of mind to shoot someone after being shot in the shoulder or something?

fair enough though i didn't understand that he was that close to the hostage etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol? What does a bee do if you smack it around a bit but not kill it? Its coming back to sting you nukka.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not a lawyer or anything, but I'm pretty sure this is the case and an old dude who lived on a farm and shot a robber in his house got banged up for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth, he shotgunned the dude in the back outside his farm house as he was running away.

The law about self defense in the UK is real sketchy, it more or less comes down to being allowed to use as much force as is used against you. Which leads to much retardery.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe your friend is not going to jail?!?
He killed the guy in cold blood.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think this means what you think it means.

[ QUOTE ]
If the robber made a move with his gun or something it's ok, but he just stood there and mouthed off your friend and your friend just shot him dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forcing a partygoer to the floor with a gun isn't "making a move?" What color is the sky in your world?

When would it be okay, in your mind, for someone to protect someone else's life? Ever? Guess not.

[ QUOTE ]
That seems wrong to me and looks like 2nd degree murder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you and... nobody else. Again, you don't seem to understand the definition of "murder."

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about American laws but i'm sure you would be in trouble in Canada if you shot someone dead like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess that's why it's lucky you've got US to protect you. If this is the attitude of most Canadians, then Greenland could probably take over in a couple of weeks.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:18 AM
 is offline

If everything went down as described he acted accordingly IMO. Villain even disregarded the warning and was holding a gun.

A criminal with a gun is serious business you don`t fool around. I got robbed at gunpoint 3 times and got almost shot once. Also, my father is alive, cause my mother was holding a 357 and acted fast against some mugs with a shotgun ...

I used to be against guns.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:20 AM

I would much rather keep $1000 on me and pay them that to leave if that meant I wouldn't have to shoot someone in the head. Maybe more, like $5k.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If everything went down as described he acted accordingly IMO. Villain even disregarded the warning and was holding a gun.

A criminal with a gun is serious business you don`t fool around. I got robbed at gunpoint 3 times and got almost shot once. Also, my father is alive, cause my mother was holding a 357 and acted fast against some mugs with a shotgun ...

I used to be against guns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to live in your neighborhood. That I know.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:37 AM

And to say I never received a punch...
Old 07-13-2007, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhh, the guy shot a teenager in the back. People need to stop quoting this [censored].