Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: The Well: Velocity

Has there ever been anyone who balled harder from 35ft than Chris Kingsbury?
Old 02-23-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, when in SNGs when I realized the difference between a 10bb push into my 5bb stack vs a 5bb push into my 10bb stack in the ranges was huge. Seems kinda basic, but it was really important. Aso, when I first got SNGPT and realized how wide I could be shoving from the SB was pretty big.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you mean by this is that the 5BB pusher into your 10BB stack probably has a much tighter range than the 10BB pusher into your 5BB stack, right? If not, please explain.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some questions from a native Iowan-

1. 1985 or 2002? A. better team? B. bigger heisman crime? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2. Ferentz is god, true/false.

3. Which was more bothersome; getting hometeamed by the refs in florida or texas?

4. What in the bloody hell happened to the QB Tate was supposed to be last year?

5. Can an avatar pwn better than yours?

Matt
U of I would've been Class of '01 but the weather called me south.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I was born in 1986, so I'm going to going with 2002. When we ran that kick back vs USC i thought they were going to get their comeuppance for stealing the heisman from Banks. Ooops. Chuck Long is teh nutz though.

2. True

3. Florida and it's not even close. That game still makes me angry. Some of the pass interference calls, and the offsides on Greenway...GAAAAH. This year's alamo bowl, meh wasn't a big deal.

4. It turns out hype doesn't make a good player out of a girlfriend-abusing tool who lucksacked a TD when he should've called a timeout. His ego was too big for his body.

5. I used to have one where the background was clear around it which I liked, but someone asked me why there was no black so I had to get a new one. But probably not.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Ricky Davis more Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson?

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't deserved to be mentioned in the same sentence as those two. If he had stayed around 4 years him and Dean-0 could've made a final four run then he'd probably be the Jordan. He's more Carmelo Anthony, snitches die video style.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No question. Just good luck with the decision. You are young, this means you can screw up and it doesn't matter, so don't sweat it too much. If in doubt toss a coin: heads pro, tails job. The secret is if you feel for one moment that you don't like the result of the toss, do the opposite!

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks
Old 02-23-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the need to answer this after watching Davis loaf on defense and pout all year. Comparing him to Michael and Magic is absurd. He's more like a poor man's Tony Campbell with a bad attitude.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't deserved to be mentioned in the same sentence as those two. If he had stayed around 4 years him and Dean-0 could've made a final four run then he'd probably be the Jordan. He's more Carmelo Anthony, snitches die video style.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got that right about undeserving of being mentioned in the same sentence with the other two guys, buy comparing him even to Carmelo is waaaay to generous.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:05 PM

lol im obv just playing around.

i am a HUGE ricky fan, and he did go to iowa for a year. not sure how involved he was beyond basketball though.

velocity,

do you go to iowa??
Old 02-23-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got that right about undeserving of being mentioned in the same sentence with the other two guys, buy comparing him even to Carmelo is waaaaaaaaaaaay to generous.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT and FYP
Old 02-23-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After an infinite number of 5-handed SNGs that pay 65/35, who is the biggest winner at a table of David Sklansky, Ted Forrest, Daniel Negraneu, TJ Cloutier, and Doyle Brunson? What if raptor sits down and they play 6-handed? What if you took raptor's seat?

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on the structure. before looking at the thread in the special sklanksy forum i problem would've said him, and I have no real knowledge of any of these players game other than through NVG everyone sayign their awful. I guess Ted Forrest, though I guess if they play a ton DS will figure out the math of it sooner or later. Add raptor to it i pick him as the biggest winner because he has WAAAY more experience then them at this type of stuff. If I took raptor's seat I really have no idea, depends on the structure, the shallower/faster it is the better my chances are to big the big winner long term.