Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: ** Lounge Poker Talk **

I don't play nearly as much as I used to on-line thanks to our Govt Anti-On-Line-Gambling moves.

I used to be comfortably rolled for 2-4 or 3-6 and did well in full ring limit games. After the whole government thing, Neteller fiasco, paying for my part of a kids wedding and some car repair bills that I paid for out of my "poker money" that roll is greatly reduced and I don't see it as getting much better playing .5-.10. :-)

Now, have about $40 left on Pokerstars and just dork around playing .5-.10 limit to kill time every now and then.
I play live whenever I have a chance. I play up in Billings every now and then and when I travel I try and find places that have poker rooms, like Las Vegas.

Speaking of Las Vegas, I will be there from Sept 16th to the 21st!!! Yahooo!!! Training class during the day and Poker at night! I'll actually have a car for this trip, which is a first for me in Vegas, and may actually venture out to check out some new places like the Orleans, the Silverton or who knows what. Well, either that or I may just be plopped down in the Excalibur poker room ballin' it up at 2-4 drinking Miller Lights and Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris every night too.
Anyway, if anyone is in Vegas at that time and wants to meet up, let me know and I'll see what I can do!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:53 PM

For some reason reading that hand post made me really really want to start playing limit again, something I haven't done for months.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this doesn't belong here, but it doesn't deserve a thread in the lounge. anyone interested in doing a fantasy football league?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am in a league with the likes of mrkilla, Dids, and RJ (LOOOOOOOL!), if we can't get something goign here there may be a spot available. Let me know. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be interested in joining. Is there money and prop bets involved?
Old 08-24-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Also from the e-mail:

"Cash money - with 10 players it will be a 175 dollar win 50 for second 25 for 3rd, when we get our tenth player I will gather the cash. (probably stars transfer)"

Nothing too serious.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:15 PM

for a while there i was rolled for 5/10 limit 6max and doing pretty well at it (at least, well enough to stay afloat), but i have to play on a shorter bankroll than i like, what with living expenses and whatnot. then, in a span of a month, this happened:

1. took some shots at 10/20
2. ran really, really bad over like 15-20k hands
3. government bill shut down PP

i built some of it back up, but with the film i couldn't afford to get a job (b/c then i wouldn't have hit my deadlines, not even close), so now i've got some extra debt and i've gotta start looking for a day job. i'm not really happy about it
Old 08-24-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for a while there i was rolled for 5/10 limit 6max and doing pretty well at it (at least, well enough to stay afloat), but i have to play on a shorter bankroll than i like, what with living expenses and whatnot. then, in a span of a month, this happened:

i built some of it back up, but with the film i couldn't afford to get a job (b/c then i wouldn't have hit my deadlines, not even close), so now i've got some extra debt and i've gotta start looking for a day job. i'm not really happy about it

[/ QUOTE ]

The same thing happened to me last year exactly. I was overrolled actually for 5/10 6max on Party, took a shot at 10/20 and got destroyed. I mean just killed. From all the levels I've seen, the biggest jump seems to be from 5/10 to 10/20. 2/4 to 3/6 was also a big difference in play, but the 10/20 just absolutely killed me.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The same thing happened to me last year exactly. I was overrolled actually for 5/10 6max on Party, took a shot at 10/20 and got destroyed. I mean just killed. From all the levels I've seen, the biggest jump seems to be from 5/10 to 10/20. 2/4 to 3/6 was also a big difference in play, but the 10/20 just absolutely killed me.

[/ QUOTE ]

my problem is i hate rebuilding because 2/4 and 3/6 drive me nuts. i prefer to play 5/10 and 10/20. i just enjoy the style of play more
Old 08-24-2007, 01:34 PM

I had the same trouble in NL - I prefer nl200, but because of going nuts one night and bustoing, I've had to rebuild back through nl25, then nl50, and now nl100 (though probably only briefly) . I took some time out during this not just on rebuilding though, but on experimenting with different styles and hand ranges, and shortstacking, so actively made it a learning experience that I think has been highly beneficial, and is now actually reaping pretty +EV rewards.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any of you all ever browse/post in the strat threads?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I post in the heads up and medium stakes limit forums. I don't agree at all with the 2+2 style of playing NL, so there is no use for me to post there. Also, I believe the majority of them are idiots.

You can also see me cameo in the Stud Forums.

But, yeah. What happens is that you get too good for your level. You realize that most of the posters are serious losers at the game. It's like I can help and give back, but I am no longer stimulated.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Also from the e-mail:

"Cash money - with 10 players it will be a 175 dollar win 50 for second 25 for 3rd, when we get our tenth player I will gather the cash. (probably stars transfer)"

Nothing too serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

the 25 bucks is to keep the game honest and every one interested

Current line up of players

Dids
RJ
Tugger
Cardo
NT!
miajag
BostonZak
Me (duh)
Kipin

I tried to get thinman to join but he said he was in to many other leagues [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]