Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: WORLD WAR 3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ugg I don't want to argue but almost everyone here is underestimating Russia's army and power vs USA.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Is this based on any actual knowledge of the respective militaries, or just agitprop from the ever-reliable Russian media?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said Americains are overrated millitary wise.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ugg I don't want to argue but almost everyone here is underestimating Russia's army and power vs USA.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Is this based on any actual knowledge of the respective militaries, or just agitprop from the ever-reliable Russian media?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Welp, I'm convinced.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps stretched a little thin atm, but not overrated.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could find a source right now, but I'm certain the US has more of pretty much everything, fighter jets, bombers, submarines, aircraft carriers, and destroyers then both russia and china combined. This with the fact that nearly all the things listed that we have more of are also stronger, stealthier, and loaded with more powerful weapons makes this a no brainer. Manpower only matters if you can make it to land.

We look like dumbasses in iraq right now because we can't tell who the enemy is, if there's a bunch of ships heading at us it becomes a lot clearer. Thousands of fighter jets go a long ways.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think we are stretched thin in the least. In the current conflict yes we are, but we arent "at war" in the traditional sense. In a world war were all bets are off, there will be no occupation, it will be shock and awe for an extended period, and then maybe we will mop up afterwards, we cant do this in Iraq, its not the "goal". In a real world war, things will be a lot different.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think we are stretched thin in the least. In the current conflict yes we are, but we arent "at war" in the traditional sense. In a world war were all bets are off, there will be no occupation, it will be shock and awe for an extended period, and then maybe we will mop up afterwards, we cant do this in Iraq, its not the "goal". In a real world war, things will be a lot different.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a fair point; i really meant to say what klompy said. "thin" wasn't what i meant to say, but w/e. see klompy's post.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Russia vs. America in a total war, everything goes minus nukes (but if you want the u.s. still wins, im just trying to rule out a tie cuz the planets destroyed). all jokes aside, Anton can you explain how russia can defeat the u.s.? id really like to know, thanks
Old 10-17-2007, 06:02 PM

Guys - Russia is a mess. China has no real infrastructure to speak of and is also a complete mess.

-Al
Old 10-17-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys - Russia is a mess. China has no real infrastructure to speak of and is also a complete mess.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, but Americans are pompous [censored] so by default they are a lesser country in anything we do, no matter what logic or the numbers tell us.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Russia and China would have no chance at at invading the US. The US would have no chance at invading Russia or China. This seems obvious.

If, when you say that China and Russia would win in aggressive war against the US, you mean that the US, China and Russia could all end up being bombed into the stone age if that was the evil communist goal, you might be right.