Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: 54s vs. Reg

that was the only hand that i've seen him really play postflop. all the other ones were like std raise/calls with overpairs and the like.

also, i dont really think that hand was TOO horribly played. i usually bet the turn but mmmm.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:18 PM

Seems like the guy is totally weak and passive, and he then obviously has you crushed here with most likely a higher flush or some boat monster.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:22 PM

I was trying to clarify since I use the word "line" in multiple contexts. And I just don't think that "we played our hand strongly but zomg he still wants to check-raise" is a good enough reason to lay down a hand like this getting fairly sick odds when we can't put him on a hand. It would be one thing if it was a PSB for us to call, but it's not even close to that. The crux of your argument appears to be that yeah, 78% of the time he's showing up here with a huge hand that he played super badly and bizarrely...I just don't believe that's gonna be the case.

and fwiw, I respect you a lot as a strat poster (I remember you helping me out in small stakes limit years ago when I first started playing poker) so don't take any of this the wrong way, I just disagree with your view of this hand.

EDIT: Oh, and I think it's important to balance your calls in this spot so villains will learn to respect your three barrels more.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was trying to clarify since I use the word "line" in multiple contexts. And I just don't think that "we played our hand strongly but zomg he still wants to check-raise" is a good enough reason to lay down a hand like this getting fairly sick odds when we can't put him on a hand. It would be one thing if it was a PSB for us to call, but it's not even close to that. The crux of your argument appears to be that yeah, 78% of the time he's showing up here with a huge hand that he played super badly and bizarrely...I just don't believe that's gonna be the case.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I think we'll have to disagree on this. i also have a pretty hard time putting him on a hand calling to the river that he'll turn into a bluff. It's basically that we have different estimation on how often this is a bluff. I actually do think the "we played our hand strongly but zomg he still wants to check-raise"-argument weight pretty heavy just from judging from my experience of those situations.

[ QUOTE ]
and fwiw, I respect you a lot as a strat poster (I remember you helping me out in small stakes limit years ago when I first started playing poker) so don't take any of this the wrong way, I just disagree with your view of this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not taking it the wrong way, it's been a good discussion.

Btw I tend to sometimes come off as arrogant b/c I have usually refuse to agree with anyone, hope that's ok [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 06:46 PM

He is not checkraising a hand for value that we beat, when is the last time you saw someone checkraise trips or a straight on a flushed paired board for value at 200NL. Wtf, am I playing in completely different games than you guys? People at this level sooooooo rarely CR the river as a bluff. Particulary when hero has shown strength at every street. Since all we beat is a bluff, easy fold.