Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 05:25 AM

Default Re: The Well: gobboboy

where do you want your game to be in a year/what do you want to be playing? where do you think your game actually will be in a year? and since you started me on poker and probably know my game better than i do, where do you think i will be in a year?

also, how does it feel to be really famous on an internet forum?
Old 12-19-2006, 05:26 AM

Unless you have a history of alcoholism or a very addictive personality, I don't get straight edge. Just chill out and have some fun, it won't kill you. Well, most times it won't [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2006, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
where do you want your game to be in a year/what do you want to be playing? where do you think your game actually will be in a year? and since you started me on poker and probably know my game better than i do, where do you think i will be in a year?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a year I want to be crushing the online tournaments and traveling around to whatever live tournaments I can. I'd also like to be better in NL cash and improve my omaha and stud games. Poker could change so much in the near future that I think it's important to improve all your games.

In one year... hopefully my emotional control will improve. I will have seen so many different situations in a year playing all the big tournaments that nothing should really rock me... I probably will have played around 3000 mtt's this time next year, which is a lot.

I think you're going to be where I am this time next year if you stick to tournaments. You're getting a lot better and you're understanding key poker concepts better and better. I'm happy with your development as a player thusfar.

I like being 'famous.' I don't know if I am famous and not infamous, but hey, I'll take it. Do people like me? That's what I'm curious about.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a year I want to be crushing the online tournaments and traveling around to whatever live tournaments I can. I'd also like to be better in NL cash and improve my omaha and stud games. Poker could change so much in the near future that I think it's important to improve all your games.

In one year... hopefully my emotional control will improve. I will have seen so many different situations in a year playing all the big tournaments that nothing should really rock me... I probably will have played around 3000 mtt's this time next year, which is a lot.

I think you're going to be where I am this time next year if you stick to tournaments. You're getting a lot better and you're understanding key poker concepts better and better. I'm happy with your development as a player thusfar.

I like being 'famous.' I don't know if I am famous and not infamous, but hey, I'll take it. Do people like me? That's what I'm curious about.

[/ QUOTE ]

if it weren't for you i wouldn't be at my current level of degeneracy, interpret that as you wish
Old 12-19-2006, 05:36 AM

What are your goals you hope to have achieved within the next 5 years of your life besides hoping you have a roomate moved away from home?

What hobbies would you consider taking up, if for nothing else, the sake of having something to take a break from poker when not playing 100% just to relax?

What is your favorite gobbosnack?

Why is hockey the only sport you like?

If you could have an in depth poker conversation with one poker pro who would it be and why?

Do you even turn your head if someone says "jimmy" nowadays or is it just "gobbo"?

There, that should keep you busy.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nah, its just that those of us who don't, tend not to be as vocal about it as those who do.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey i was straightedge through highschool too

[/ QUOTE ]

First year holla
Old 12-19-2006, 05:45 AM

Other than poker, what do you aspire to? Name one thing you would like to do that you haven't done yet.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are your goals you hope to have achieved within the next 5 years of your life besides hoping you have a roomate moved away from home?

[/ QUOTE ]

Life goals? Be happy and comfortable doing whatever. If poker collapses, it happens. But I really don't want to live a miserable life doing something I don't want to do.

[ QUOTE ]
What hobbies would you consider taking up, if for nothing else, the sake of having something to take a break from poker when not playing 100% just to relax?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no clue. I should definitely exercise more, which would reduce tilt. I enjoy getting massages. Is that a hobby? Ooh, I should buy a jacuzzi.

[ QUOTE ]
What is your favorite gobbosnack?

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't know. Just at home, what's my favorite snack? I'm a fan of sandwiches. A turkey sandwich is pretty good. If you're talking about snackfoods/junkfood, I love the spicy doritos and I also love chocolate chip muffins and a tall glass of milk.

[ QUOTE ]
Why is hockey the only sport you like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you get to hit people with sticks. All other games just aren't exciting to me.

[ QUOTE ]
If you could have an in depth poker conversation with one poker pro who would it be and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Strassa. He just seems like he's on a completely different plane of thought. Also seems like a nice guy. I talk to him sometimes, but as I told him, he's "intimidating."

[ QUOTE ]
Do you even turn your head if someone says "jimmy" nowadays or is it just "gobbo"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer gobbo. Jimmy isn't a very interesting name. My family will always call me Jimmy, but gobbo is unique and easy. It rolls off the tongue.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:49 AM

what are some leaks i have?

what day are you playing at pca? (1a here)

What are you doing about taxes? (paying on everything, on what goes through bank, on what)
Old 12-19-2006, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Other than poker, what do you aspire to? Name one thing you would like to do that you haven't done yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a cute girlfriend and live out a happy life. Goals will only get you disappointed.