Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 07:22 AM

Default Re: The age of horrorism

[ QUOTE ]
"Manzikert? Are you insane?"

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe he'll refute this by lecturing passersby about his need to avenge a 1,000-year-old battle in Anatolia between two dead cultures, explaining his theory of an Arslan-Atta connection to the authorities when they arrive. My prediction is mandatory meds by sundown.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:34 AM

Yeah, Chris you tell me. And while you're at it, tell this guy quoted in this WorldNetDaily story:

Sheik Abu Saqer, leader of Gaza's Jihadia Salafiya Islamic outreach movement, which seeks to make secular Muslims more religious, called for holy war against the pope.

He said Christian leaders such as Benedict are "afraid" because they realize Islam is Allah's favorite religion and they are going to hell unless they convert. The Gaza preacher declared the "green flag of Muhammad" would soon be raised over the Vatican.

"We did not need the words of the pope in order to understand that this is a Crusader war against Islam and it is our holy duty to fight all those who support the pope, who follow him and who did not condemn what this small racist had to say," said Abu Saqer, speaking to WND from the southern Gaza city of Khan Yunis.

"The day will soon come when the green flag of La Illah Illah Allah (There is no god but Allah) and Muhammad Rasul Allah (Muhammad is the Prophet of Allah) will be raised upon the Vatican and all around the world and on the fortresses of those who want to destroy Islam, because they know that this religion obliges them to face the truth that Islam is Allah's favorite religion. And until they join Islam, hell is their last station," Abu Saqer said.

He's just as tolerant and peace-loving and incapable of holding an historical grudge as I am isn't he?
Old 10-20-2006, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, reply to the OP, not you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the clarification.

Now, back to the original point which I attempted to expand upon.....

The 3 square pegs (Sunni, Shia, Kurds) in the round hole ("Iraq").

Where is the wisdom in this?

Shouldn't we be looking at the history of "Iraq" since its' formation by Western powers to determine if the the orginal strategy was solid or faulty?

Decisions are made at different levels for different reasons by people with different perspectives.

What worked for Churchill & others at his level when they made the decision to birth "Iraq" clearly worked for them....at their level, for their purposes.

Were they aware of the strife that it would cause at the level of Sunni, Shia, Kurds? I'd be shocked if they were not, but they probably dismissed those issues as being lower on THEIR priority list.

In an effort to get to some clarity on this issue, methinks one has to again ask the 'WHY' question.....

'WHY' did the powers who had geopolitical control of this situation make the decisions in the manner in which they did?
Old 10-20-2006, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Chris you tell me. And while you're at it, tell this guy quoted in this WorldNetDaily story:

Sheik Abu Saqer, leader of Gaza's Jihadia Salafiya Islamic outreach movement, which seeks to make secular Muslims more religious, called for holy war against the pope.

He said Christian leaders such as Benedict are "afraid" because they realize Islam is Allah's favorite religion and they are going to hell unless they convert. The Gaza preacher declared the "green flag of Muhammad" would soon be raised over the Vatican.

"We did not need the words of the pope in order to understand that this is a Crusader war against Islam and it is our holy duty to fight all those who support the pope, who follow him and who did not condemn what this small racist had to say," said Abu Saqer, speaking to WND from the southern Gaza city of Khan Yunis.

"The day will soon come when the green flag of La Illah Illah Allah (There is no god but Allah) and Muhammad Rasul Allah (Muhammad is the Prophet of Allah) will be raised upon the Vatican and all around the world and on the fortresses of those who want to destroy Islam, because they know that this religion obliges them to face the truth that Islam is Allah's favorite religion. And until they join Islam, hell is their last station," Abu Saqer said.

He's just as tolerant and peace-loving and incapable of holding an historical grudge as I am isn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff,

Did you ever consider that on this particular issue that you are like an old hound that has gotten off on the wrong trail? (No insult intended).

It seems to me that the battle/clash of cultures/religion is a red herring regarding the Middle East.

It also seems to me that the opposing powers show no reluctance to inflame the conflict with their use of this red herring in order to drum up support for their respective sides.

The “REAL” stakes here seem to be.......

Who controls an area that is rich in what has turned out to be the most precious natural resource in an ever increasingly industrial world?

Sometimes the simple answers are correct.....In this case, I believe this to be true.

Oil begets wealth.......Wealth begets Power......Power begets more Wealth....and Control.

......And the circle remains unbroken, as long as the puppet-masters continue to play their trump cards effectively.

To allow ourselves to be sidetracked by the red herring of Christianity/Islam Holy War plays right into this strategy.

We then allow ourselves to join one of the two groups of lemmings as they careen towards the abyss......
Old 10-20-2006, 05:49 PM

Now try finding any reference to "Abu Saqer" or his so-called "movement" apart from you WND piece by fanatic pro-settler Zionist Aaron Klein, purportedly based on his exclusive interview with the Sheik. Klein's piece, usually verbatim, found its way to Ynet and Townhall and a few blogs, but nobody seems to have ever heard of Sheik Saqer or his Jihadia Salafiya or his threat to the Pope, not even the Israeli or Catholic press. And this is after a month during which other journalists have had ample time to corrobrate Klein's reporting. Imagine your reaction if I had tried to pass of Dobson, Robertson or Falwell as exemplars of Christian attitudes, much less a truly obscure loon.

Here's a typical example of Klein's Arab-hating morally insane reporting: "A mob of Palestinians tonight murdered a Jewish Israeli man in a police uniform after he opened fire on a bus and killed four Arabs, allegedly in protest of the Gaza withdrawal plan." (WND, 8/4/5). Klein's only reference to "murder" applies to the killing of an Israeli just after he opened fire point blank on a busload of unarmed civilians, his way of protesting Israeli policy. Later down, Klein queries whether the shooter was the victim of an "Arab mob lynch," while noting that the mob grabbed him as he "reached for a second ammunition magazine" having just shot 16 people, killing four. You know, "murder" and "lynching" as most people understand these words.

We can presume that Klein's Arabic translations -- if indeed there was ever anything to translate -- reflect a similar license with language.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
only the sack of Mecca or Medina

[/ QUOTE ]

That got my heart fluttering there. What a beautiful picture that phrase paints in my mind. Payback for Manzikert, Acre and Jerusalem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Manzikert? Are you insane?

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't the answer to that obvious? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2006, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That got my heart fluttering there. What a beautiful picture that phrase paints in my mind. Payback for Manzikert, Acre and Jerusalem.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Politics forum Survivor: PokerBob vs. BLUFFThis!

Make it happen Iron! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2006, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The one thing that I truly regret about my 2+2 career is that I didn't start reading OOT until after they stopped doing Survivors over there. Honestly, I am truly excited by the possibility of having two respected posters fight for their Politics forum lives. Unfortunately, I don't think I can ban them for failing to consent to the Survior. I think our best course of action is to try to goad them into agreeing.

I'll start: BluffThis, I heard PB saying that your momma wears combat boots.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

....are your ancestors Roman?

They must have liked the Christians vs. the Lions, eh?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2006, 04:27 AM

iron,

PokerBob isn't really a regular politics forum poster. He only comes here to stalker troll me and nothing else. So you could just do your mod job and exile him from here. If you don't want to then fine, but don't be surprised or give me any blame if things turn ugly and Mason doesn't like it.
Closed Thread