Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: PHIL GORDON!!!!!!!!!!

Admittedly, Phil doesn't play much anymore so he really needs the practice from my point of view. Seems too conservative to me w/ the playing tight or relatively tight M.O.

[ QUOTE ]
... His style or lack of just come across as very douchey. He seems like he is full of himself, I don't know why. His fluffy hairdo and 3 BUCKTEETHY smile also angered me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO. I totally agree with this tho. Glad I'm not the only 1 who notices those teeth. What the hell is up w/ that ish? Skeeves me out everytime I catch it.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:34 AM

cosmetic dentistry is top notch these days. cost a little bit of money, but they will have your grill immaculate. no excuse for having bad teeth these days, especially if you are a millionaire like him. see my teeth> [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2007, 03:06 AM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From Wikipedia on Phil Gordon:

"Gordon appeared on the reality dating show Blind Date. When he and his lingerie model date, LeAnna, returned to his touring bus, she suddenly mentioned that she had a hot tub in her home, as if to suggest that they make use of it. Gordon proclaimed that he was "allergic" to Hot Tubs, turning her down."

Case closed. OP is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah, [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] that is too funny. is this the definition of a douche?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think it's the definition of a rock.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:58 AM

Phil Gordon has accomplished more in his life than I have thus far. I have played with him a few times in cash games, he is somewhat arrogant but overall just a cool/funny guy. Just b/c someone is arrogant does not mean that they have no redeeming qualities.

He wrote some poker books for begginers and I think the reviews were fairly positive. I see no problem with someone who is not an utter master of the game writing an easy to understand entry level book. What the heck is wrong with that???

I didn't like his commentating at first but it turns out that was only b/c he was trapped on celebrity poker showdown! He did a great job on the ESPN ppv and I think he should replace Norm Chad sooner rather than later.

I think that if some of you actually spent a few minutes at a table with the guy you would realize that he is not a douchebag and that his taunts (ie to the dealer during PAD) come off as in jest in person (which is also his intent). I guess his sarcasm does not translate over the TV for everyone.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"Gordon appeared on the reality dating show Blind Date. When he and his lingerie model date, LeAnna, returned to his touring bus, she suddenly mentioned that she had a hot tub in her home, as if to suggest that they make use of it. Gordon proclaimed that he was "allergic" to Hot Tubs, turning her down."

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol.

Wp, PG.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol.

Wp, PG.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, i've heard this one before...does a good job talking about poker, not so much playing it...
Old 02-20-2007, 11:49 AM

i planned on reading his little green and blue books eventually, but he said on PAD that he waits until just before the deadline, then frantically writes it all out.
i'm glad i heard him say that because there's two books i won't be reading.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:11 PM

He came across as a need attention whore during PAD, he sounded like this:

I'm a writer too...
I can calc the odds better than you...
I can guess his cards better than you guys...lets put up a grand on it.
I'm not a nit howard...you play your cards your way...I'll play mine my way.

and his fake CPS laugh...a ha ha ha...gets on the nerves.

and the poker equalizer is basically CPS with a tiny twist...that show is crap.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:19 PM

yea he's a good announcer, not a great player, definitely better than phil hellmuth tho who is terrible
Old 02-20-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see that episode? That chick was hugely annoying. If you were an independantly wealthy multimillionaire like Phil, do you think you would be desperate to bed a lingerie model? Phil probably has ten of them on booty call speed dial.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you his manager? You must be either that or obsessed with him. Defending his appearance on Blind Date? Damn, that is funny!