Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Re: This is why I\'m for the death penalty.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is why upstanding citizens should be armed. I find it ridiculous that so many people are forced by law to place themselves at the mercy of these gangsta pieces of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is weak. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people have to use that freaking DUCY in stead of pointing out what they disagree with? It just slows the developent of the thread/subject down, and basically having the previous poster having to guess why you find his statements weak/wrong does not add much to the discussion. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take a wild shot in the dark and assume that he's under the strange assumption that a man who would gun someone down for asking him to please move would, somehow, for reasons we as humans can never understand, not carry a gun because "its against the law".

Anyone want to take any wagers the suspect was actually carrying the gun illegally anyway, without the proper permits?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is why upstanding citizens should be armed. I find it ridiculous that so many people are forced by law to place themselves at the mercy of these gangsta pieces of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people have to use that freaking DUCY in stead of pointing out what they disagree with? It just slows the developent of the thread/subject down, and basically having the previous poster having to guess why you find his statements weak/wrong does not add much to the discussion. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take a wild shot in the dark and assume that he's under the strange assumption that a man who would gun someone down for asking him to please move would, somehow, for reasons we as humans can never understand, not carry a gun because "its against the law".

Anyone want to take any wagers the suspect was actually carrying the gun illegally anyway, without the proper permits?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's got to be at least 100 to 1 that the guy was already carrying illegally.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as I can tell, I haven't yet expressed any train of logic. I expressed the opinion that upstanding citizens should be armed. And I expressed the opinion that laws mandating that gangsta pieces of [censored] have the upper hand in violent confrontations with upstanding citizens are ridiculous. I may hold these opinions for logical reasons, but I haven't yet expressed them in this thread.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as I can tell, I haven't yet expressed any train of logic. I expressed the opinion that upstanding citizens should be armed. And I expressed the opinion that laws mandating that gangsta pieces of [censored] have the upper hand in violent confrontations with upstanding citizens are ridiculous. I may hold these opinions for logical reasons, but I haven't yet expressed them in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're first statement seems to be part of an argument. I do agree with it, however, and would like to hear the explanation for why it is wrong.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're first statement seems to be part of an argument. I do agree with it, however, and would like to hear the explanation for why it is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first sentence was supposed to be short for: "In situations such as these, I would rather see the upstanding citzen armed and able to fight, rather than gunned down in cold blood."

I'd like to see an explanation for why it's "wrong" too.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who has so little value for another human being's life does not deserve to live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who has so little value for another human being's life does not deserve to live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the important factor for me, not if a murder took place. To me, if a person shows so little respect for the value of another human being's life that he is willing to kill a person over something so insignificant then that person does not deserve to live himself.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just thought I'd bump this so it could get a little more love. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just thought I'd bump this so it could get a little more love. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

I'm dissappointed this thread has gone in a different direction than I'd hoped. I guess I kind of suck at these things.

How about this. Does anyone agree/dissagree with the above statement? Is it a completely retarded statement? Why or why not? Is there any action a person can take against another human being/beings that they should deserve to lose their lives for? Is stuff of this nature is more appropriate for SMP?
Old 11-28-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

I'm dissappointed this thread has gone in a different direction than I'd hoped. I guess I kind of suck at these things.

How about this. Does anyone agree/dissagree with the above statement? Is it a completely retarded statement? Why or why not? Is there any action a person can take against another human being/beings that they should deserve to lose their lives for? Is stuff of this nature is more appropriate for SMP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are getting few responses to your question because the anti-death penalty crowd has no answer that is consistent with their stance. It is patently obvious that some people commit acts and would continue to commit acts that are so reprehensible that they dont deserve to live in a civilzed society.