Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 2/23

doug i figured out the problem... thanks for the help.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
12. I am now one of the players who is randomly disconnected mid-hand, and is out a decent chunk of money as a result (because FT does not offer disconnect protection).

- The addition of the disconnect timebank mentioned in the previous answers thread should alleviate the negative result of the problem (losing out on pots because of a disconnect). I'd rather nobody ever disconnected, but this should at least make it less costly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Silly question, perhaps, but if "the player will be required to manually request the extra time (push a button) to activate", then how is that going to help me when I'm actually disconnected and all my full tilt screens are frozen?

[ QUOTE ]
14. Why does the FTP company treat its customers so poorly?

- I disagree with this, but I'm sorry you feel that we do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me give you an example here, using my FTP affiliate.

They have a website which tells me my current RB balance, as well as breaking down the actual rake money I have paid into FT for each month. This is updated at least daily. There is a news page, also updated at least daily, which tells all users of any issues or delays currently going on with any of the sites they are affiliated with. There is also a ticker which gives "headlines" detailing these issues on the main member page (the one with balances etc). Messages are sent to all members whenever there is a new issue which may affect their rakeback.

When I want to cash out some of my rakeback, I am sent to another screen which offers me the options of cashing out to Neteller (1.9% fee), Epassporte (free), or directly into my real money accounts at one of four poker sites which they offer rakeback with (also free). Every single time I have requested a cashout, the money has been in my account within 24 hours...a message has also been sent to me stating that they did activate the transfer, and that I should check my account to be sure the money is there. The members page also offers a history of my last 5 cashouts, detailing the date, amount, withdrawal method, and status of each. The one time that I had occasion to ask a question of them, I received a detailed, helpful, and accurate response, also within 24 hours.

They routinely offer contests and other methods to increase my earnings even more.

While admittedly they are dealing with a much smaller customer base and with fewer overall issues, how is it possible that one of Full Tilt's affiliates can do such a vastly superior job of communicating and serving its customers than Full Tilt itself can do?

I appreciate you taking the time to create these posts on 2+2, and accepting the bashing (not all of it constructive) which you take from some people here. In fact, these posts (along with my RB deal) are the only things which have kept me playing on Full Tilt for this long. However, at some point, Full Tilt as a whole needs to make a commitment to and demonstrate some active means of communicating directly with its customer base, explaining the numerous problems and delays which we've been enduring, and detailing the exact steps they are taking to correct these issues. Your own efforts in this arena, while helpful and quite admirable, are addressing only a tiny fraction of FT's overall customer base and, when it comes down to it, primarily just the customers you are in the least jeopardy of losing.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In regards to the rakeback situation...I had clicked a link through an affiliate and ended up not getting rakeback through them. Unfortunately, I am now f'd in regards to getting rakeback. As a result, 99% of my play is now on Stars (I occasionally will play on FTP for variety). With resizable tables pretty much integrated into the software, I could be easily swayed back with a RB plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Same here. 70% is better than 0% isn't it?

Except that I wasn't even tracked to an affiliate, FTP just changed its mind in my one case.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In regards to the rakeback situation...I had clicked a link through an affiliate and ended up not getting rakeback through them. Unfortunately, I am now f'd in regards to getting rakeback. As a result, 99% of my play is now on Stars (I occasionally will play on FTP for variety). With resizable tables pretty much integrated into the software, I could be easily swayed back with a RB plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Same here. 70% is better than 0% isn't it?

Except that I wasn't even tracked to an affiliate, FTP just changed its mind in my one case.

[/ QUOTE ]
Might be less than 70%, because the affiliate takes some % as well.

But any % higher than zero is better than zero.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:07 PM

two requests... rebuy tourneys using tokens.. and nonturbo 1 table sit and gos for $26 tokens (same as turbos... without the turbo [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 02-24-2007, 05:26 PM

You guys are illiquid and the longer you wait to issue checks the worse the onslaught is going to be. In todays environment the MOST IMPORTANT question is CASH OUT ABILITY. We are able to deposit with some effort but this is within our grasp. With the present de[osit methods such as EPasseporte removing $600 at a crack eith multiple delays is not.

CHECKS are what is standing between YOU and US. Any fool that listens to your tripe should realize that if it continues another catastrophe will ensue.CHECKS are the preferred method of cash out and if not available it only means you are holding money hostage just like Neteller.

Go home and write a check.

carlo
Old 02-24-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
12. I am now one of the players who is randomly disconnected mid-hand, and is out a decent chunk of money as a result (because FT does not offer disconnect protection).

- The addition of the disconnect timebank mentioned in the previous answers thread should alleviate the negative result of the problem (losing out on pots because of a disconnect). I'd rather nobody ever disconnected, but this should at least make it less costly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Silly question, perhaps, but if "the player will be required to manually request the extra time (push a button) to activate", then how is that going to help me when I'm actually disconnected and all my full tilt screens are frozen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reread it.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:35 PM

Doug,

Why does FTP only spread 6-max PL hold 'em at the $0.50/1.00 level?
Old 02-24-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reread it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reread. Okay, he's talking about a separate timebank and disconnect timebank? One which requires a player to manually click a button to activate, the other which automatically activates whenever a player is disconnected?

If so, that would definitely be helpful, although I think that a straight up disconnect all-in system (like most other sites use) would be better...both for the player who was disconnected & may not reconnect before his timebank runs out, and for the players still at the table who will not have to wait X seconds to see if he gets back in time.

I fully realize that some people use features like this as a "cheat" to get to showdown cheaply, but I for one would rather run the risk of someone intentionally disconnecting vs. me while drawing with overcards or whatever than of losing out on an entire pot when I'm holding the nuts on the river. And it shouldn't be that difficult for FT to investigate & punish repeat offenders who abuse the system.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:14 PM

I absolutely hate disconnet protection. I've never had a problem with connections, yet have dealt with many cheaters on other sites due to DP...and it was one of the bright spots of playing on FT. I no longer have to deal with those DP cheaters.

DP is more likely to be abused than used properly.