Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Who Needs Laid? (longest hookup drought)

wow 3 years is a [censored] longass time
Old 07-10-2007, 12:10 AM

Well... 20 and counting for me. I didn't even so much as make out with a girl until last February. This is the result of 18 and a half years of relative disinterest in girls, a year and a half of my trying to get myself together as a human being, and too many years to count of unsuccessfully battling low self-esteem and social anxiety issues.

That all said, for the first time in my life I actually feel like a worthwhile person, someone that (some) girls may be interested in (opposed to the "I'm worthless and won't ever get a date" me of just 6 months ago). I'm quite looking forward to college this fall. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well... 20 and counting for me. I didn't even so much as make out with a girl until last February. This is the result of 18 and a half years of relative disinterest in girls, a year and a half of my trying to get myself together as a human being, and too many years to count of unsuccessfully battling low self-esteem and social anxiety issues.

That all said, for the first time in my life I actually feel like a worthwhile person, someone that (some) girls may be interested in (opposed to the "I'm worthless and won't ever get a date" me of just 6 months ago). I'm quite looking forward to college this fall. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost exactly my life story
Old 07-10-2007, 01:19 AM

You guys need to go after more fat bitches.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my mom pulled this on me last week:

"Stranger, you can tell me if you're gay. I wouldn't love you any less."

me:

"No mom, I'm not gay. I am not interested in having sex with men. I'm not interested in having sex with anyone at all."

mom

"Its not really all about sex, is it?"

me

"Well, yeah it is, when it comes to attraction and stuff."

as I'm walking up the stairs, I hear my mom say to my dad, "Not interested in sex. I bet I can guess where he got that from."

Dad:

"Oh, be quiet."

kind of a weird moment.

I'm 27, coming up on five years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe living with your parents is playing into this somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said I live there.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:47 AM

lol i once went about one and a half months which is the longest in the last 8yrs and even after that long I was really surprised how much I sucked when I went at it again and blew really quick, you guys after 2+yrs must just put it in and explode.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
srsly, the best cure for what ails you guys is to grin, bear, and stick your dick into something.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just isn't true at all.

I snapped a streak of several months just this last week, with a woman I met drinking in a bar in Coral Gables, with JakeTheBake of all people (he lives!) I was in town for a fencing tournament, she was drunk and lonely and on vacation with her married friend. Fish, meet barrel. It was my second-ever one night stand, and the first 'real' one insofar as I knew for a fact I'd never see this chick again. Average-looking at best, gave decent head, wouldn't let me go down on her. The experience reminded me of why I hate one-night stands and don't pursue them (I never would have said one word to these girls if I hadn't been wasted and Jake hadn't bought them drinks.)

To me these situations are like being starving, but there's nothing in your house but Pop Tarts, and you convince yourself that this is going to be some delicious feast of iced pastry goodness, jam four in the toaster, devour one and start on the second, before you look up and remember... oh yeah. These are Pop Tarts. Plus these things just end badly. All the false intimacy, etc.

Me? I'd like a nice, healthy relationship with a girl that I click with, for once. The girl I was with in HS was essentially a sex partner and little more. I took myself out of the game through most of college, and ever since I've gotten out of school all the girls I've met have been drama disasters, or else I've had no interest in them, or else they've already been in relationships and thus unavailable.

I'unno, dude. Speaking personally, I don't know what the 'solution' is, but it's certainly not random ass.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:27 AM

Anacardo, I don't know you at all, but from reading your posts, I don't think anything that happens in your life can be applied generally to any large group of people. You sound like the exception to every rule ever thought up.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:32 AM

starting at puberty (the stuff before doesn't count) i was obsessed with one girl for years and years.

went to college, obsesses with a different girl for 2 years.

at 20, lost 50 lbs (from 200 to 150) and became well, a lot more permiscuous (and moved to china).

i really agree anacardo, but i for some reason have fallen into this patern of regular care free sex (of course wearing condom)

i plan on "changing my ways" and falling in love one day haha, and i hope this part of my life hasn't ruined me as most my friends and family know i'm a pretty loyal person in general, just heart is a little cold from totally being ignored by the girls i was obsessed with while being a shy chubby kid

chinese women FTW
Old 07-10-2007, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just heart is a little cold from totally being ignored by the girls i was obsessed with while being a shy chubby kid

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you feel you have the right to hold your unattractive qualities against other people? It's not like you spent those years pining over fat wallflower chicks. Being attractive just means being a high-quality version of yourself. Physical fitness is one of the easiest variables you can control. Social interaction is more complicated but obviously even shy people can figure out a way to interact successfully. Sounds like you've mastered both, so why not drop the useless grudge over something that was your fault if anybody's, anyway?