Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Dumbest cashier ever? (TR kinda-sorta)

Went to play pool w/ a date few years ago.

While turning in the equipment to get my ID I was asked my last name.

I say Russell.

Super hot counter girl asks, "is that Russell with an R?"
Old 07-08-2007, 03:25 PM

At Panera Bread:

Me: I'd like a large loaf of French bread please.

Cashier: Is that for here or to go?
Old 07-08-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
everytime I get taco bell they put sour cream on my chalupas. i cant eat sour cream, its just so disgusting, at first I would ask like a normal person (no sour cream pls), but after like 4 times there was still sour cream, so then I ramped it up and would ask excessively for no sour cream, still....sour cream (I am assuming they did it on purpose because of how many times I was asking), so finally one day I got fed up, after getting home and having like extra sour cream everywhere and asking about a million times for no sour cream. I went back, inside this time, demanded my money back, and literally threw my whole order like a baseball at the douche bags making the food. I really flipped out, and normally irl, I have never ever lose my temper at people like that, but I completely freaked.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you asked the cashier if he could hold the sour cream and he agreed, you have no one to blame but yourself when you received sour cream in your order. Generally, the cashiers are the dumbest employees in Taco Bell. You should have asked to speak to a manager to make sure that it was not against Taco Bell's policies to withold sour cream. The cashier had no authority to make sour cream decisions on behalf of the company.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At Panera Bread:

Me: I'd like a large loaf of French bread please.

Cashier: Is that for here or to go?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how many people sit down and eat an entire large loaf of french bed by themselves?
Old 07-08-2007, 03:52 PM

i was living in korea and used to go to mcdonalds a lot for dinner. it was usually just the easiest thing to do because of the language barrier. i always ordered the same thing, cheese burger meal with the cheeseburger plain. they always got it right until this one time. first, i got the food and it was just a normal cheese burger with everything on it. so i went back and told them, they said sorry, and made me a new one. it was exactly the same. so i went back again and told them, they said sorry and made a new one. this time they gave me one with no meat and no cheese, only a bun with pickles mustard and ketchup on it. so i went back again, and they gave me bun with just the meat, no cheese. i figured with was as good as it would get, so i ate it. only took 30 mins to get my food. i understand there is a language barrier, but when i would say plain, they would tell the cooks "plaino", so it really shouldn't be that hard to understand.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:06 PM

Similar situation when I was working at my first job in a coffee shop. 1/2 dozen cookies were $1.99, individually they were 50 cents each. Some woman comes up and orders half a dozen, the key to ring it that way won't work. I know if I charge them individually, she will be overcharged. She orders a coffee with it which cost 99 cents. My manager (who had this incredible power trip for being a boss to 16 yr olds) was there, I told him the key didn't work. Can I just not charge for the coffee? Made perfect sense to me. He goes into a tirade, in front of the customer, about how they cannot gauge how much is sold if we just don't charge for an item, and to ring for everything. She says, but I am being overcharged a dollar. He explains there is nothing he can do about it, the register is messed up. She walks out without the coffee or cookies.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:16 PM

I just started as a manager at an Arby's restaurant, so I've been on both sides of this kind of stuff.

The French bread story is kinda funny, but I can see how that could happen. You get so used to your routine with the customer that you don't make the connection before the words come out of your mouth.

There's really no excuse for screwing up change or not being able to cancel items or make combos. Assuming other places have similar computers, this should be quite simple. Sometimes it does actually take a manager to come and cancel an item if the order was already tendered.

My addition: doesn't have anything to do with dumb cashiers, but is pretty funny. It was my first time working at the front counter, and I took an order from a guy, his (rather large) wife, and their little daughter (probably around 7-8 years old). The guy reaches into his pocket, pulls out a big wad of cash and change. As he's rifling through his bills, he opens one up and there's a big fluorescent orange condom in a see-through package. We both looked at each other for an instant. I had to do everything I could to not laugh.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's one about a stupid customer instead of a stupid cashier. My first job was at a supermarket. Some guy buys stuff and the total is $12.90. The guy hands me a twenty dollar bill and ten cents thinking that this amount will render only paper bills in change. I am confused but don't say anything because I was only 14 and somewhat shy. I ring it up, look at the register, and give him back $7.20 at which point he gets mad and starts bitching about my incompetence to do math.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have many years of being a cashier under my belt and ever gig, I became the #1 cashier pretty quickly because I'm not a moron, fast and can solve problems on my own.

This exact situation would happen to me at least once a day in any gig I worked at. I wouldn't say a word, I'd just give them the correct change back. Most would realize they were a moron right away. Others would stand there puzzled until I explained it out to them and others, like in your situation, would get pissed.

I always loved showing up the ones who would get pissed.

-------------

I loved being a dick to people who were dicks to me, which I think might be the case in a lot of these "cashier horror stories". Anytime someone would give me money because they wanted higher bills, like $5.25 total and they give me $21, if they were a dick, I'd give them back 5 $1 bills instead of a $5 bill. I'd always get the "what a [censored] cashier" look, but I'd be the one with the last laugh. Some would bitch because I didn't give them a $5 bill and my answer would always be "I'm sorry, I don't have enough to give out. If you want change, you can go to the customer service desk and they will do it for you."

God I loved [censored] with people in those days.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's one about a stupid customer instead of a stupid cashier. My first job was at a supermarket. Some guy buys stuff and the total is $12.90. The guy hands me a twenty dollar bill and ten cents thinking that this amount will render only paper bills in change. I am confused but don't say anything because I was only 14 and somewhat shy. I ring it up, look at the register, and give him back $7.20 at which point he gets mad and starts bitching about my incompetence to do math.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have many years of being a cashier under my belt and ever gig, I became the #1 cashier pretty quickly because I'm not a moron, fast and can solve problems on my own.

This exact situation would happen to me at least once a day in any gig I worked at. I wouldn't say a word, I'd just give them the correct change back. Most would realize they were a moron right away. Others would stand there puzzled until I explained it out to them and others, like in your situation, would get pissed.

I always loved showing up the ones who would get pissed.

-------------

I loved being a dick to people who were dicks to me, which I think might be the case in a lot of these "cashier horror stories". Anytime someone would give me money because they wanted higher bills, like $5.25 total and they give me $21, if they were a dick, I'd give them back 5 $1 bills instead of a $5 bill. I'd always get the "what a [censored] cashier" look, but I'd be the one with the last laugh. Some would bitch because I didn't give them a $5 bill and my answer would always be "I'm sorry, I don't have enough to give out. If you want change, you can go to the customer service desk and they will do it for you."

God I loved [censored] with people in those days.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats pretty pathetic. I wouldnt share that with too many people.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few weeks ago I went to KFC and this happens.

(pull up to drive-thru)

Me: Can I get a 3-strip meal with mash potatoes and wedges as my sides. and oh can i get the strips buffalo style.

Him: You're supposed to ask for that first.

Me: huh?

Him: You are supposed to say you want buffalo style strips.

Me: Oh, ok. I'm sorry. Can you change it?

Him: Well, It's already in the system.

Me: Umm..

Him: Fine! I'll do it manually.

I drive up, pay, get food, go home. I open the box and find that there is one standard strip(4-6 inches) and two "nuggets" which clearly were once a single strip that he just ripped in half.

I wanted to go back and kill him. Instead I just wrote a letter to KFC.

They sent an apology and a $25 gidt cert., but I can't get change on it. So now I'm waiting for an occasion when I can buy $25 worth of KFC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go in to KFC

Buy $25 worth of free french fries

Spill them all over the floor on your way out