Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: I hate jacks, seriously

title makes me lol - 'I hate Jacks' is like the live donks motto. Oh, and don't fold.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, for me personally, even if it's a breakeven call in the long run or even slightly +ev, i'd rather fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You actually went back and edited this little bit in, as ppl were talkin about it and I couldnt find it until I refreshed the page. You pretty much started this thread, then ignored everything everyone else said, gave your own input, and accepted it as gold. Just not sure thats the best approach bawss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what are you talking about, i didn't send the message until i complete it, and certainly didn't edit anything [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I have read every response, how is me disagreeing with some and offering my own point of view is so offensive to you for some strange reason?
Old 09-19-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth then are you 3-betting JJ pf in the first place? Are you just "bluffing" hoping to get him to fold pre?

I can [somewhat] understand, b/c of your tilt issues etc., that you don't want to stack off in "marginal" situations. But what exactly do you expect to happen in 3-bet pots? You think b/c its such a scary, bloated 3-bet pot that people are NEVER going to make moves on you? Would you rather 3-bet w/ jacks and have the flop come A-K-Q? When you 3-bet w/ JJ (knowing he very well could call), THIS is the type of flop you DREAM of.

Don't let the fact that this guy showed up w/ QQ blind you. Aggressive opponents will push flush draws here and occassionally AK (hoping to fold out a "scared JJ", etc - which you are now admitting that you would do).

If you really disagree, the answer of course is to not 3-bet JJ pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 3betting JJ, cause it's normally ahead of a late position raiser's range and it's very hard to play OOP if i just call, not knowing where i am at.

But, he calls and after a cbet goes allin, doesn't it skew his range towards hands that mostly have me crushed?
Old 09-20-2007, 12:20 AM

OP, try full ring.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what are you talking about, i didn't send the message until i complete it, and certainly didn't edit anything

[/ QUOTE ]

I searched page for the quoted part and it wouldnt find it until I refreshed page, but certainly could have just been drool on my part.

[ QUOTE ]

I have read every response, how is me disagreeing with some and offering my own point of view is so offensive to you for some strange reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm far from offended, and you can do as you please, but I definitely don't think you've been making the most out of the advice given to you on this forum, not just in this thread.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:23 AM

thiswholethreadisatrainwreck
Old 09-20-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thiswholethreadisatrainwreck

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I have a hard time keeping up my serious/courteous facade at times like these.

Not the first trainwreck, and surely more are comin from crazy conductor BWD since hes been ridin around off the tracks with no pants on for quite some time.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:42 AM

AJFenix,

Now you own this thread. Nice job.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:54 AM

If you really think that's his range here than don't 3bet pre and/or don't bet the flop.
Just because a hand is ahead of someone's raising range doesn't mean you should 3-bet it. How your hand fares versus his calling range is much more important.
If he's that nitty versus 3-bets I'd much rather 3-bet 65s than JJ in this spot.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dont fold

[/ QUOTE ]