Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: For one night
Sloane 38 41.76%
Tori 53 58.24%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Those Darned Politics Mods!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
BTW:

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a list of People that have been suspended for personal attacks:

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a welcome addition (not the bannings, the list of them). Will bannings for other infractions be listed? Will other mods be participating in this? If so, will these notifications be standard and required for each banning, or will this be a purely voluntary process?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was spur of the moment by me. I'll discuss this with the other mods when I get a chance and see what they want to do regarding a sticky.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, but 10 posts of what essentially boils down to "you suck," "no, you suck," "no, you suck more" makes a thread a lot harder to read. And leaving personal attacks back and forth unchecked leads to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that "you suck" "no you suck" makes it hard to read. But "deleted by so-and-so" doesn't make it any easier.

[ QUOTE ]
Look, its really not that hard as to where the line is. If you are attacking the poster, and not the idea or the post, then you are crossing the line. If your post is about the poster, and not the idea or the post, then you are crossing the line. I don't see why this is so hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because so many incidents go unpunished, mostly. Is this because

1) there isn't enough mod attention (no judgement, it could be from laziness or just not enough mod "cycles" to check everything)

2) subjectivity

3) some "line" below which no action is taken

4) other

[/ QUOTE ]

I try to take a look at every post that someone has hit "notify mod" on. Other than that, I can only do what I see, and I oftentimes can't read every single post in politics, nor can the other mods, so things can fall through the cracks. Also, right now, RR is on vacation, and I was on trial last week, so some things might have fallen through that otherwise wouldn't have.

[/ QUOTE ]

So 1, then? I'm satisfied with that explanation.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:51 AM

pvn,

I think the key there is not that mods arent reading everything, its that if things are going unpunished (are at least not being reviewed) its because people arent hitting the notify button.

If you are spotting things that are 'shouldnt be there' (i use a really loose term on purpose of course) and arent notifying the mod then the chain of responsibility is being broken at the user level.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pvn,

I think the key there is not that mods arent reading everything, its that if things are going unpunished (are at least not being reviewed) its because people arent hitting the notify button.

If you are spotting things that are 'shouldnt be there' (i use a really loose term on purpose of course) and arent notifying the mod then the chain of responsibility is being broken at the user level.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're only looking at half of it. I'm not seeing (much) that shouldn't be there, I'm seeing things that aren't really that much of an annoyance that get deleted and produce bans. Should there be a "don't notify moderator" button?

I've only used the "notify" button a handful of times recently, mostly when someone was purposefully misrepresenting my position *repeatedly* in the same thread.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a welcome addition (not the bannings, the list of them). Will bannings for other infractions be listed? Will other mods be participating in this? If so, will these notifications be standard and required for each banning, or will this be a purely voluntary process?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was spur of the moment by me. I'll discuss this with the other mods when I get a chance and see what they want to do regarding a sticky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that you're saying "welcome to my ban list" posts count as personal attacks. Isn't it only polite to inform someone that you won't be reading their posts anymore?
Old 04-24-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that you're saying "welcome to my ban list" posts count as personal attacks. Isn't it only polite to inform someone that you won't be reading their posts anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could just post in ATF that you'll be ignoring Mr. XYZ.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol.

I still love it that people complained here when someone was given a suspension just 6 hours long.

[/ QUOTE ]
The funniest part is that that never happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, always amazing how you manage to never respond to a post again once its proven definitively that you're wrong, Shakey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You got smoked on this one.

Thanks for the bump, pvn.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its not polite, its there only to be antagonistic, and its pretentious, obnoxious, and annoying. I wasn't saying that its a "personal attack." I was just sayign that it is no longer allowed. If you really want them to know, then send them a pm.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lol.

I still love it that people complained here when someone was given a suspension just 6 hours long.

[/ QUOTE ]
The funniest part is that that never happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, always amazing how you manage to never respond to a post again once its proven definitively that you're wrong, Shakey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You got smoked on this one.

Thanks for the bump, pvn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're talking about Shake getting smoked, right?
Old 04-24-2007, 07:09 PM

The politics mods seem to be on top of things [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread