Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: pretty gross trips

[ QUOTE ]
looks like a quick muck vs Browerkid. I doubt he's ever valuebetting a worse hand here. I expect to see JJ/J9 or A9 almost every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

just wanted to concur with this.

unless browerkid has seriously changed his game in the last few months. your hand is really no better than AA wrt to the range he's value-betting - the only thing is that you have a 9, making it less likely that he has one.

silly reasoning i suppose, but this really isn't a 'slowplay then fold' spot like jfish was implying.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:41 PM

I think HEK is right. Its a pretty easy muck maybe even on the turn. I don't really get the argument that alot of MSNL players are using that his bluffing % is >0 therefore this is a call. His bluffing % is still under 33% imo.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:47 PM

when did browerkid get good? that said I remember him being a tight nit... but still, I dont know why he couldn't be doing this with AA/KK/QQ/AJ/combo draw
Old 06-07-2007, 05:41 PM

Yeah, I don't know, it seems like it would be clear to him that you have a nine, but folding here seems odd too. How does josh look like any kind of hand here when he opens in the SB?

I lean more toward folding, but I don't like it. If I where the villian, I would have problems betting here unless I had a nine or a full house.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:15 PM

Default results

K9s good
Old 06-08-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
looks like a quick muck vs Browerkid. I doubt he's ever valuebetting a worse hand here. I expect to see JJ/J9 or A9 almost every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

just wanted to concur with this.

unless browerkid has seriously changed his game in the last few months. your hand is really no better than AA wrt to the range he's value-betting - the only thing is that you have a 9, making it less likely that he has one.

silly reasoning i suppose, but this really isn't a 'slowplay then fold' spot like jfish was implying.

[/ QUOTE ]

i had "slowplay" in quotes because i meant it was under-repped rather than an actual spot where youre trapping him.

having a 9 and there being less combinations of 9s definitely should factor into this though.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:01 AM

Pretty damn tough fold in a blind battle...

Rest of the hand looks fine,vs brower.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:15 PM

I've played with him a little bit back when he was on PokerStars and I really think you are toast on this river. I agree that you can't fold the turn in the event he played a large pair weird or has AJ and figures he's valuebetting against your KJ/QJ (which we all agree he'd check behind on the river).

Once he pushes the river I can't see a hand, minus a large draw that he got ballsy with and missed,(K10 of spades, Q10 of spades) that decided to make a play.

I think you see A9 a lot here.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when did browerkid get good? that said I remember him being a tight nit... but still, I dont know why he couldn't be doing this with AA/KK/QQ/AJ/combo draw [/quot
e]

He is like never pushing the river with AJ here and I really think he repops the other three premium pairs preflop like 90% of the time. There is the CHANCE that he didn't in this spot, but if he didn't I really think he checks those behind on the river because I think he's good enough to understand that Josh doesn't have a loan J or a draw on the turn.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:36 PM

Results?

So was it J9 or A9?