Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 02:57 PM

Default Re: What is the best PC video game?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm currently playing Heroes of Might and Magic 2. Turn based strategy. I like games that make you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a terrific game! Incredibly replayable, lots of fun. Randomly generated maps of various sizes/conditions were great and made this game a huge value.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:59 PM

That's what I heard, too.

I also read that 5 had big problems on release. And I remember it had some kind of starforce system-sabotaging software on it too.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was a terrific game! Incredibly replayable, lots of fun. Randomly generated maps of various sizes/conditions were great and made this game a huge value.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOMM2 doesn't really have randomly generated maps. Some things are random (like which artifact and CPU monsters spawn) but it's basically the same thing. Although you can create your own maps.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:21 PM

They sure were random when I played, so I'm not sure how you mean that. If you go to computer skirmish, you could pick number of players you'll be against, type of map, size of map, and if I recall correctly(it was what? 10 years ago? since I last played it), perhaps win conditions? At any rate, I created plenty of random maps, and if there was one that I really didn't like much, I just created a new one. Different starting points, map lay-out, treasures and beasts, etc. This was a major greatness of the title, to me.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We should get a BF:2 game some night, I play pretty much every night for a couple of hours. get a 2+2 squad.

Man, I hate getting on a [censored] squad when nobody talks and nobody gives any directions. If you are a squad leader, DO SOMETHING.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be down for that. I haven't played much the past couple of weeks though- I have had some serious FPS issues since the 1.41 patch. Anyone else have trouble since then? I can barely turn more than 45 degrees before I start getting choppy frame rates.