Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2006, 04:54 PM

Default Re: 100 rebuy, huge move

not at all. It only looks like that because i wound up having to defend my preflop play(not at all what i wanted to discuss).

All I was looking for was arguments on what to do on the flop the consensus is push but i think there are good arguments for other options too.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:57 PM

lol i'm not gonna "force" u to play. but since you say i didnt "suck as much as u thought i would" and that there wouldnt be much EV for anyone id love to play, cause id be a huge favorite over u. lets do this after thanksgiving break
Old 11-21-2006, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not at all. It only looks like that because i wound up having to defend my preflop play(not at all what i wanted to discuss).

All I was looking for was arguments on what to do on the flop the consensus is push but i think there are good arguments for other options too.

[/ QUOTE ]
What other options?
Old 11-21-2006, 05:01 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
lol i'm not gonna "force" u to play. but since you say i didnt "suck as much as u thought i would" and that there wouldnt be much EV for anyone id love to play, cause id be a huge favorite over u. lets do this after thanksgiving break

[/ QUOTE ]

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Old 11-21-2006, 05:48 PM

To check and see what he does, this i think depends alot on the other player tho. There are alot of questions that i dont really know the answer to like if u check how often will he bluff half pot or all in(which he could do as a bluff with a better hand), or if he checks behind and u bet half pot turn does he give up anything without an ace. I think if the answers to both of these are yes then checking is better than pushing but thats up in the air.

I think the check, him check behind, u lead turn best represnts a super strong hand but its dependent on the answers to the above questions.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:11 PM
 is offline

The problem with checking the flop to help represent a monster is that the A-high flop is a good one for him to bluff at.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:19 PM

Checking the flop is bad, because you have a good semibluffing hand. You are not that far behind pot odds against villain's calling range. A lot of times he pushes and forces you to fold when you could push and force him to fold.