Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Kidpoker > Stinger

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hahaha i loved seeing EM2 lose $23k with AK.

what a donkey. this isn't party in '03. $100/$200NL is too high for him. 117 x BB with AK pre? lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
Too bad it is not EmpireMaker2 it is Empire2000 who posts as Roman on 2p2. Quoting this too because you make absolutely no sense. Omg, don't lose a 100bb flip with AK aipf LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

A big pet peeve of mine is when people refer to QQ v. AK as a flip. QQ has a huge advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]
The percentages are rigged. Just watch tournament poker.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think daniel is that big of a dog in this game

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-13-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hahaha i loved seeing EM2 lose $23k with AK.

what a donkey. this isn't party in '03. $100/$200NL is too high for him. 117 x BB with AK pre? lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
Too bad it is not EmpireMaker2 it is Empire2000 who posts as Roman on 2p2. Quoting this too because you make absolutely no sense. Omg, don't lose a 100bb flip with AK aipf LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

A big pet peeve of mine is when people refer to QQ v. AK as a flip. AK has a huge advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

6 outs >>>>>>>>> 2 outs
Old 09-14-2007, 12:19 AM

its not only the fact htat 6 outs > 2 outs, but you have to multiply this effect by 5, since there are 5 cards to come.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not sure if everyone is leveling but I can def vb thinner than just the Q..

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats your opinion of Daniel's play in the 100/200 game stinger?
Old 09-14-2007, 12:31 AM

If AK were all-in vs QQ in the middle of a forest with no-one to observe the event, would it make a sound? Or more pertinently, would it be stuck in some indeterminate quantum state before the owners of the hands turned up to claim their winnings?
Old 09-14-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its not only the fact htat 6 outs > 2 outs, but you have to multiply this effect by 5, since there are 5 cards to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. It depends if AK is suited or off-soot. AK off-soot is a favorite because it can make two flushes, as well as two different straights. That's more outs than I can count.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:39 AM

I know a lot of you guys seem to think that all the internet superstars are much better NL players than someone like Daniel. I also think that people had a lot of fun watching Daniel spew for a few episodes on HSP.

I remember playing in the 200-400nl live games at Bellagio 2 WSOP's ago and everyone in the game talking about how horrible Daniel was at NL. Daniel may not have been as good at NL as the regulars who play high NL on the net nor high NL in the bigger live games at that particular time, but if anyone thinks that he doesn't have the poker skill to be one of the best NL players if he so choosed they are crazy.

Daniel has been one of the best donkament players when he has applied himself to tourneys, I think if he applied himself to NL whether it was live or on the net he'd experience similar success. His style in tournaments isn't to push and hope to get lucky, he plays better post flop than most of the players and has a unique style that is perfectly suited for good structure NL tournaments. He is also a good enough poker player that if he wanted to find a style that would work in cash games he surely would.

I have played pretty much all of the "great" live NL players, I have also played most of these superstar internet players a bunch whether it was HU or ring, and in my opinion if Daniel N decided that he wanted to focus on NL cash games be it on the Net or Live, he'd be a pretty big winner and probably one of the top players.

He may make a few mistakes early on that the more deep stacked experienced cash players would laugh at, but he probably wouldn't make them for long.

The problem with Daniel is that he unlike many of the current NL poker superstars du jour isn't spending 10-14 hours a day playing NL. This is pretty much the only thing separating him from the current top players.

H.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:40 AM

10 outs x 4 to get flush with AKo. 2% to hit on each street = 80% chance.

Plus the cards can come in any of 5 orders, so that's 400% you will make a flush. Unpossible that you will not, in other words. Only worry is that QQ has different suits and makes a flush instead.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. It depends if AK is suited or off-soot. AK off-soot is a favorite because it can make two flushes, as well as two different straights. That's more outs than I can count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle addresses the advantage of AKo over AKs in SS. "There's a big difference between A-K suited and A-K offsuit.... You can make one of two flushes with A-K offsuit" (page 473).

Doyle also says "I would rather have A-K than A-A or K-K" (page 453).

So, if A-K is better than A-A or K-K, than A-K is better than QQ, ldo.