Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: split bbv?
no 24 53.33%
yes 21 46.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2007, 12:32 AM

Default To Naj & Thremp

While you guys are completely correct about Assani's picks threads being a joke last year and his posting of a 100 unit play(wasn't that actually a typo that he counted because it won?), that was last year.

This year it seems he is seriously attempting to handicap games and bet actual money on them. He's posting his thoughts and looking for feedback about them. Isn't that the purpose of this forum?
Old 09-20-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Assani\'s NFL Wagering Thread

I'm also interested in GB/SD under 43....just seems like 2 very good defenses and 2 middle of the pack offenses(yes I know SD was awesome last year, but so far this year they've looked pretty poor although maybe thats due to their opponent's good Ds)
Old 09-20-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: To Naj & Thremp

[ QUOTE ]
While you guys are completely correct about Assani's picks threads being a joke last year and his posting of a 100 unit play(wasn't that actually a typo that he counted because it won?), that was last year.

This year it seems he is seriously attempting to handicap games and bet actual money on them. He's posting his thoughts and looking for feedback about them. Isn't that the purpose of this forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year I made a typo of "55" instead of "5". Someone notified me about it BEFORE THE GAME OCCURED AND I DECIDED TO BET 55 UNITS ON IT. I did not keep it at 55 "just because it won." Afterwards I made a few other big bets including a few 100+ unit bets.

With that said, thank you very much for your post, and you're exactly right. Last year, I admittedly was just picking every game and having a good time trying to see if I could end up a winner. I was betting $1 per unit and just joking around. This year I'm betting at least $100 on every pick I make. Icy pots, friend.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: To Naj & Thremp

i just hope he has enough 200 gazillion units left to pay off our bet..
Old 09-20-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of the analysis is gibberish. There is no discussion of methodology or why any of the analysis makes sense. Like he doesn't "connect the dots" in any sort of meaningful way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understand the thread then. When I post on Monday night/Tuesday morning I'm not posting my final picks. I'm posting my early reactions to the lines. Then throughout the week I'm posting more thoughts and analysis as well as welcoming all others to give their advice. Then I finally come up with my picks based upon all of that info. Its a journey through my thought process throughout the week.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What do you suggest we do to people who lie about their W/L record or units won? You know, like you have done in the NCAA Football threads, and like you have done for years. Should we ban them, like you were banned form that other forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly is the story here? I'm intruiged, especially since he so often tries to play board cop and/or put down others in this forum.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
by a guy who was making '100-unit bets' last year, and misreporting his record then, and saying how he's undefeated ldo and etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I never ever misreported my record

2. I made a $1 bet. I then made a $100 bet. At first I didn't even want to bet money on the games- I just wanted to post picks for fun. But you guys were adament that I should be betting on the games if I wanted to offer my advice so I did(even though the mods said that it was not required and that you guys were full of it). So let me ask you: What exactly did you want me to do there? I mean, I bet $100, so I reported it as a 100 unit bet....would you rather me have lied to you and said it wasn't a 100 unit bet? I'm confused as to why you have a problem with me simply telling the truth about how much I was betting.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:21 AM

Assani,

You faked no vig lines and tried to account for them at the end of the season through some arbitrary method. You employ no sound fundamentals of either analysis or position sizing. You have no ability in handicapping and should be reading the basic works on sports betting instead of, god forbid, trying to offer advice.

You're just a complete and utter clown.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:09 AM

Thremp,

At first I wasn't betting at all, but then when you guys made a big deal out of it I got a friend to book my bets for me, as I told him that most of them would only be a few dollars(1 unit = $1). HE DID NOT INCLUDE A VIG IN OUR BETS, SO I WAS NOT "FAKING" ANYTHING.

As for the rest of your post, that is your opinion. You happen to think that I'm not a very good sports bettor. Thats fine. But why not let other people make up their own minds. Some people like my insight and want me to post more of it: LINK.

However, the problem that I have with you is that you offer no helpful advice or good thoughts. You never say "Assani I feel as if you're making a mistake in xxxxxxx. Why don't you give xxxxxxxxx a try instead." Rather you make insulting posts and comments like the last sentence in your post above. You make statements that you'd never say to someone in real life because 1. It'd be considered insanely rude and 2. You'd get into a lot of fights. You hide behind the anonominity(probably totally butchered that word's spelling there, but you know what I mean) of the internet like a coward.

I've never claimed to be a great sports bettor. I have been very clear that I appriciate all advice given to me in this thread and that I'm more than willing to listen to alternate viewpoints. Moreover I've never talked down to or insulted anyone. I really don't understand why guys like you and ND have such hate.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:53 AM

NajDorf and I disagree each other on several things and usually provide very cogent reasoning as to why (atleast I feel I do). You at first didn't bet your picks and then gave some flippant response to very real complaints about you not betting them. If you would take this [censored] seriously and just say: "Hey, I don't bet these picks but I want to paper track and will start with X bankroll, calc edge, and bet kelly/2 and post my thoughts so people can offer constructive criticism." No one would care. In fact I think it would've been applauded. Instead you continue to defend your ridiculous actions and random viewpoints. God forbid someone actually betting real dollars follows your recommendations.

BTW Did you link your gimmick?