Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: downswing, looking for help....

He has committed himself with the reraise and might have reasonably have done this with: 22/55/88/6h7h/99/TT/JJ/AA/KK. You have 45% equity against this range. You are layed 26.5 (his remaining stack after your 12.75 bet) to 64.75 (the current pot after your bet plus the rest of his stack) or about 2.5 : 1. So this is standard.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:35 PM

No way you can fold QQ vs a villain whose AF is 5.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:49 PM

find your leaks

pokey will help you

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1
Old 07-26-2007, 06:52 PM

damn this thread has been helpful. thanks for all the replies.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:53 PM

It's been said earlier, you are really a payoff wizard. (I know because I am too)

This is what I think of the second batch of hands you posted:

******* Hand 1 ********
Try to think of with what he makes a potsize bet on the turn? AK or 89 probably. Don't go all-in against the probable nuts. Check-call a reasonable bet.

******* Hand 2 ********
You should've folded the river, and probably the turn. UTG is just too strong, probably protecting a set or aces.

******* Hand 3 ********
UTG+1 limps in and calls your preflop raise. With what does he do that? A small pocket pair or a big hand?
he flop comes only high cards and UTG+1 calls your flop raise. Whould he do that with a small pocket pair? I think 77 or 99 would've folded on the flop. You don't beat very much hands, so just check the turn.

******* Hand 4 ********
You have JJ on a flop with K and Q. Make a c-bet and when your called I would check the turn. Too bad if you give a free card to the flushdraw, but I want to keep the pot small.
You can not call the river all-in. Your straight is obviously worthless on this flushed board when he is that strong.

******* Hand 5 ********
Good reraise with QQ, maybe $5 was also good. Make a smaller bet on the flop. AK, JJ, TT and 99 will go away when bet $9. When you get reraised you got to give up the hand. He either hit a set, or has AA or KK. And I've seen guys call a reraise with Q4o, just for the implied odds. So you really can't pay off these guys.

******* Hand 6 ********
Tough one. Top pair, top kicker. But with 3 people on the flop and the Button shows major strength I fold. Especially when you'll see his cards anyway because UTG is all-in.

******* Hand 7 ********
Why do you call a turnbet with KK on a A-high board. And there's also a straight on the board. Fold the river.

******* Hand 8 ********
I hate it when a caller starts to bet into you. I would call the turn, but the river is a suck-in bet to make you call. Fold this.

******* Hand 9 ********
Very good bet on the turn to show you're not afraid of the 3rd flushcard. But this should be an insta-fold when you get raised.

******* Hand 10 ********
-

******* Hand 11 ********
You are in position with AA. Just call his flopraise and see if he shows strength on the turn. If he's weak put him all-in and hope he's on a flushdraw.
You make the right choice by folding the flop.

******* Hand 12 ********
What do you beat? And I don't think you get the right odds to call the all-in on the turn.
Too bad your aces get cracked. Lay them down and have better luck next time.

******* Hand 13 ********
Tough one. I like to just call, altough SB makes a weak bet. I want to keep the pot small since I only have toppair not so good kicker.

******* Hand 14 ********
Don't go all-in with tptk if he's not a total donk.

******* Hand 15 ********
I would like to win small pots with AK unless I hit the flop really hard.
Now is not a spot to call an all-in.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
example:
ok so villian is 35/12/5 over 300 hands. I know he is aggressive, but not completely incompetent...

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $66.95
UTG+1: $49.70
CO: $45.25
sluggger5x: $68.30
SB: $91
BB: $50.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) sluggger5x is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">sluggger5x raises to $6</font>, 2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($12.75, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">sluggger5x bets $12.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $30</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's analyse this:

What is CO raising with pre-flop? He is 12% PFR so most likely 77+, AK, AQ. JTs if he is a donk.

What is CO calling a 3bet with pre-flop? I'd say pocket pairs and AK, maybe AQs.

What is CO check-raising with on an undercard flop? (A big raise, too, committing him, not just a donk-min-raise.) Probably not AK, AQ. Also most likely not 99, TT. Out of the pocket pairs in his range by then you beat only JJ.

I fold this without further reads.

Yes, he might occasionally just have a FD but I'm waiting for a better spot/read to put my money in.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, he might occasionally just have a FD but I'm waiting for a better spot/read to put my money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

That basically sums it up for me.