Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Weird/funny coincidences in your life

Travelling:

These two stories intertwine: So, I met this South African girl in Turkey, we hooked up, had a good time and travelled together for a week. Went our seperate ways, whatever. Later in the trip, right when I got to China (about 4 months later) I hung out with this Swiss Girl... we travelled together for a little while, then went our seperate ways...

Anyway, about 6 months after that, I was in Thailand and randomly got an email from South African girl. She was also in Thailand, in Chang Mai. Funny enough, I was also there. We obviously met up and hung out and went into Laos together. Then in Vang Vieng, on Christmas night, SA girl and I are smoking some opium in some cafe and who walks in? Swiss girl who I hadn't seen in 6 months.

Good times. Meh story.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:36 PM

I had a really similar experience to OP's when I was taking the bar exam. I was clerking for a federal judge at the time, and he had just heard an interesting, fairly complicated First Amendment case. I had discussed the case in some detail with my boss, watched the argument, and even knew how the court was planning to vote (which wouldn't become public until a few months later when the opinion was issued). About 2 days after the oral argument, I opened my bar exam booklet, and the Constitutional Law essay was a thinly-veiled version of the case I had just worked on -- exactly the same fact and issues, just the names changed. I was able to pretty much nail that one, though I resisted being a wiseass (and violating confidentiality) by "predicting" how a court might resolve the question.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:36 PM

would be better with pics

I'm in grad school in LA proffesor shows us a slide of a girl bent over in her underwear-demonstrating scoliosis-fyi. All you can see is her ass and back. I nudge my friend and joke that looks like my ex in new jersey. Loud mouth friend announces my finding to the class and professor scolds him for interrupting. I call her a few weeks later she mentions her doctor left and just started teaching at my school. ohhh.

never question my ass reading abilities
Old 08-04-2007, 02:08 AM

Silly one: Sitting in a restaurant with my ex wife. Server approaches us and I recognize we went to high school together. Me, "Hi! Isn't your name Jill?" Her, "yes, haven't seen you in awhile." Me, "Don't you have a brother named Jeff and a sister named Joy?" Her, "Yes I sure do!" I glance at my ex and say, "Funny thing, my wife here, her name is Jill and she has a brother named Jeff, and a sister named Joy also."

At this point both girls think I am bullshitting and take a moment to confer with each other that indeed I'm not.

Strange coincidences.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:27 AM

Crazy one:

So I meet this chic online. She is in the middle of a divorce. We hit it off as much as you can online, and after chatting online and phone, I move out to California. There were many failed attempts at meeting prior, all seemed innocent.

While in Cali I date this chic for about 9 months. Hiding relationship from everyone she knows because she is, "still fighting for division of businesses and RE."

One summer thursday night about a year ago, on the beach, in the moonlight, I ask her to marry me. I give her a nice ring, and she accepts with the condition that we wait until her lawyer shores up her share of the assets still in limbo.

Next day I am contacted by this girl on myspace who is looking for Christian friends in Cali where I lived. I explain to her I am in a relationship. She says that isn't an issue, she is just looking for friends because she is new to the area. She asks me if I want to go jogging on the beach. My fiance was with her children that night, so I agreed to go for a jog.

While jogging we are getting to know each other, and I learn a strange coincidence that her and my fiance go to the same church. Well I proceed to explain the whole backstory of my engagement to this girl. She listens intently and says, "I have some bad news for you, the girl you are engaged to is married, and her husband and her kids are with her every sunday at Church"

BOOM----HEADSHOT!

Due to this strange coincidence I found out my fiance had told me hundreds of lies over a 2.5yr period. Yes her husband found out. Yes I got my ring back. Yes her husband and I had a long conversation about his wife being a sociopath. He was determined to stay with her.

I left the following monday and moved back to Ohio...

Not sure I made any good decisions there, except for eliminating her from my life.

Post story: chic from myspace turned out to be batshit crazy also, and would regularly argue with herself. Both are now on permanent ignore.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:36 AM

The last two girls I dated were both half-white and half-Mexican. They look nothing alike whatsoever.

I have no idea if that's threadworthy, but it's the first thing that popped into my head. I have no doubt there are many others.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:37 AM

Just a little better than the Paris deal...

Anyway I saw a guy that I had not seen since HS in Memphis(5+ years at the time) in Japan of all places. A month later I saw him in Hawaii. We've now been living in the same city for at least 5 years and I havn't seen him once since Hawaii.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:50 AM

My dad graduated from Caltech in the 70's. Caltech is a very small school with about 200 in the graduating class. No I go there. It is broken into 7 houses (kinda like harry potter). I end up in the same house he was in. The first room I I live in is the room he lived in as a senior. I did not find this out until after telling about the room I live in.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Noah, this is a pretty sweet story. However, is there really no way you've ever seen a picture of Janelle and her sister? Not that you were consciously doing it, but the brain can be pretty remarkable when it comes to associations like this.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking as well.
Something like that anyway.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Noah, this is a pretty sweet story. However, is there really no way you've ever seen a picture of Janelle and her sister? Not that you were consciously doing it, but the brain can be pretty remarkable when it comes to associations like this.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking as well.
Something like that anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean I guess it is possible, but the girl Janelle wasn't like a good friend, just some random hot girl from school. Never been in her room. I also had never looked at this girl's facebook beyond the first page. Maybe one time her main photo had her sister or something, but I don't think its been changed since she signed up.