Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Jailed 2 years for oral sex, Genarlow Wilson finally gets off.

[ QUOTE ]
They probably put him in jail because they were jealous or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

They arrested and tried him because another girl claimed he and others raped her.
And the DA has offered him a plea deal that will remove his record and sex offender status and probably let him out now with time served, but he and his lawyers have turned it down.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They probably put him in jail because they were jealous or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

They arrested and tried him because another girl claimed he and others raped her.
And the DA has offered him a plea deal that will remove his record and sex offender status and probably let him out now with time served, but he and his lawyers have turned it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got a link to that? Because uh, why the [censored] would they turn this down?

"So I get out now and all charges are removed from my record? Eh, nah. I think I'll stay."
Old 06-28-2007, 12:53 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?i...433&page=1

This is some [censored] here.

Genarlow Wilson, whose 10-year prison sentence for having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old when he was 17 was voided by a judge earlier this month, is not eligible to be released on bail while the state appeals his sentence, a judge ruled today.

The ruling, which came just days after investors announced they'd post a $1 million bond for Wilson, likely means Wilson will remain in jail for several more months. The Georgia Supreme Court is scheduled to hear his case in October.

The order, issued by Douglas County Superior Court Judge David Emerson, canceled the bond hearing that he originally set for July 5.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:17 PM

Why has the family not asked for a presidental pardon. Bush could use the damn popularity points.

States like georgia should not even be states they are so ignorant and backwards.

Soldiers in Ft. Stewart Georgia should refuse to go to Iraq until this kid get's out. That would get Bush's attention

I hate the south and their racist backwardsness if this kid was white he never would have served time.

(I'm white and I can see this)
Old 06-28-2007, 01:22 PM

I live in GA. Atlanta is a cool as hell place. Very retro-southern kind of good feel. ATL and the suburbs around it are a-ok.

Wander down to south georgia though... i wouldn't live in south georgia if you paid me to. Ok, maybe if you paid me but it'd have to be A LOT.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why has the family not asked for a presidental pardon. Bush could use the damn popularity points.

States like georgia should not even be states they are so ignorant and backwards.

Soldiers in Ft. Stewart Georgia should refuse to go to Iraq until this kid get's out. That would get Bush's attention

I hate the south and their racist backwardsness if this kid was white he never would have served time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keeping him in jail is a colossal waste of taxpayer money. Couple that with actually continuing this appeals process makes it a money pit. Georgia taxpayers should be up in arms and the Georgia state house should move to impeach this prosecutor.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in GA. Atlanta is a cool as hell place. Very retro-southern kind of good feel. ATL and the suburbs around it are a-ok.

Wander down to south georgia though... i wouldn't live in south georgia if you paid me to. Ok, maybe if you paid me but it'd have to be A LOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. I grew up in rural north Georgia and that is a horribly backwards place as well.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keeping him in jail is a colossal waste of taxpayer money. Couple that with actually continuing this appeals process makes it a money pit. Georgia taxpayers should be up in arms and the Georgia state house should move to impeach this prosecutor.

[/ QUOTE ]

In terms of shittiness at doing his job and wasting money, this guy is worse than the Duke DA.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:36 PM

I hope Genarlow has been reading the Count of Monte Cristo every single day he's been in there.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:51 PM

Why the bail hearing was canceled:

[ QUOTE ]
In his Wednesday ruling, Emerson cited a Georgia law that prevents trial courts from granting bail to people convicted of certain crimes, including aggravated child molestation, when the original sentence exceeds five years, as is the case with Wilson.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the world of "we hate soft judges so we will take discretion out of their hands". Remember, the 10 yr sentence was 'mandatory', the judge had no option there either.