Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: The Worst Hand of Poker I\'ve Ever Played

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly meant to raise to 3x the BB, but did the math wrong in my head & wound up trying to raise to 3x the SB. The software defaults to a miniraise. He sits there for quite some time and finally calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. God it kills me when I do [censored] like this. Here's one. The other night I decide to dabble in some pot limit on Stars for the first time. I get in a game, tread water for a few orbits and the game breaks up. I quickly join another one, and in my first orbit I get something like A-8o on the CO and decide to attack the blinds and see what happens. My 2-year-old is climbing my leg and my wife is trying to tell me something while I grab the betting slider, slide it all the way to the right and click Raise or whatever. Right as I'm clicking Raise I notice that it's a sizeable bet. Like, all my stack. Wtf?! Ahhh, I'm in an NL game. No damage done, fortunately, as they fold.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: I Heart Live Poker

[ QUOTE ]
I LOL (to myself) and count the $$ i saved. This guy was probably the second best player in the game at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am guessing you put yourself as the best player in game?
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: I Heart Live Poker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I LOL (to myself) and count the $$ i saved. This guy was probably the second best player in the game at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am guessing you put yourself as the best player in game?
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL obv. Not too much of a stretch when one of the "solid" players is calling down with the effective nuts.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Sigh

4k guarantee, $24+2 HORSE on FTP. My cards have been so dead I had to call Haley Joel Osment in to help me see 'em. Despite that I'm short-stacked, but not really critically so, as the second hour starts. I suspect that my table image borders on King of the Nits after all the folding I've done, although most of the table did see me 3bet preflop with T9s during level one LHE.

We're into level six, O8, when I see K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in UTG+1. UTG raises it up, I 3bang like it's going out of style, MP1 calls 3 cold, folded back around to UTG who calls. Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Checked to me, I insta-bet, MP1 calls, UTG calls. Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I make the first bet again, MP1 raises, UTG bails, and I cringe but make the call with my overpair + FD + gutshot. The river is a plain ugly 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I check, MP1 bets, I know I'm not good but hold out hope that he's got QQ or some big draw that whiffed or something & call.

He turns over A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I figure he must've justified the preflop & flop calls with implied odds, right?

I cling to life by splitting a few pots & build my stack up to the point where I can once again make a full preflop raise, then I'm switched to a new table. New UTG limps, folded to me in the CO & I decide that A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is good enough & pop it. BB calls as does UTG.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I'll take it. Checked to UTG who bets, I call for my last 75 chips, BB decides that his low hand doesn't look so hot anymore & folds. UTG turns over K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] poker.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Sigh

[ QUOTE ]

We're into level six, O8, when I see K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in UTG+1. UTG raises it up, I 3bang like it's going out of style,

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?

[ QUOTE ]

folded to me in the CO & I decide that A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is good enough & pop it. BB calls as does UTG.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I'll take it. Checked to UTG who bets, I call for my last 75 chips, BB decides that his low hand doesn't look so hot anymore & folds. UTG turns over K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

standard [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2007, 11:59 PM

i don't know why i play o8 sometimes: just had a session at 2/4 where i was up 30, went down 200, got back to -50, almost quit, went down to -200 again, and just quit at -90 or so. argh.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:59 PM

oh and i lose at holdem too don't worry
Old 07-10-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know why i play o8 sometimes: just had a session at 2/4 where i was up 30, went down 200, got back to -50, almost quit, went down to -200 again, and just quit at -90 or so. argh.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's me at HORSE. It's amazing how many times I can start out with 4 to a wheel in Razz or Stud8 & brick out against the guy calling down while showing a J8.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:34 AM

Default Getting in the Last Word: Priceless.

So I'm sweating Huck Seed in the final two tables of the 1K Monday on FTP. He & another player get into a little verbal spat after Huck makes a big call of a preflop all-in with 88, other guy has AJ & rivers the A. Huck is left short-stacked, a third player starts gloating & generally being a poopoo head while claiming that Huck made a terrible preflop call. Huck remains civil while still giving him a few barbs. Other guy can't stop talking about how he's going to outlast Huck.

After Huck nearly triples up with QJ vs. 76s, it's folded to the gloater in the SB, who pushes. The BB calls with AKs, SB shows Q5o, and out he goes.

HuckleberrySeed: im sorry is he saying anything? my obs. chat is off
Old 07-10-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Getting in the Last Word: Priceless.

Huck Seed is awesome, how are you going to verbal spar about poker w/ an ME champ?