Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Winstar, OK - new poker room - NO hand details

[ QUOTE ]
So is the Red River Roundup played at WinStar? Still 18+ for this big event?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the RRR is played at Winstar, they will begin running SATs on June 14th if the sign in the club is right.

Still 18 years and up. They will begin serving alcohol anytime now, however this will not affect the age since it will only be available in the lounge.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When driving up to Winstar, is there any place to eat in the small town of Gainesville? Denton, Tx is always a sight to drive past.

It also fun to drive past that huge airport where I believe is basically a FedEx runway for daily package flights.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of food places off California Street in Gainesville including Mickey D's, Arby's, Wendy's, Braums and Taco Casa.

Probably lots of others but thats all that comes to mind.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:10 PM

What, don't want to stop for food in Denton? I see how you are!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:41 PM

The $1/$2NL game plays all over the place. I have seen extremely loose games where $20 bets were common place and called without a 2nd thought. Then the last 2 times I have been up there I have seen $15 preflop raises pushing ALL but maybe 1 caller out EVERYTIME. (This was a new table which may be the reason for tighter play)

I tend to play in early evening and maybe the looser play doesn't appear until a tad later. Not sure. But it is hit and miss. Surely you can find a game to win though.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The $1/$2NL game plays all over the place. I have seen extremely loose games where $20 bets were common place and called without a 2nd thought. Then the last 2 times I have been up there I have seen $15 preflop raises pushing ALL but maybe 1 caller out EVERYTIME. (This was a new table which may be the reason for tighter play)

I tend to play in early evening and maybe the looser play doesn't appear until a tad later. Not sure. But it is hit and miss. Surely you can find a game to win though.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, i just talked to a buddy of mine, he was up there last weekend, and he said the games were extremely loose, kinda like a 5c/10c nl home game, thats pretty damn loose. he said that all of the "caaling stations" were open that day
Old 06-23-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Varies. I have noticed days where cops are every few miles then days where NONE in sight for weeks. Just don't drive during rush hour. Traffic out of Dallas will be painful.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a non-local visiting Fort Worth in July, when is the best time to head up I35 after work? I am staying in the University Drive & I30 area, so I'll be jumping on I30 for an exit or so to get to I35W North.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:16 AM

I need to start grinding...screw 10/20nl...my goal is 25/50nl FTW during Red River Roundup...TOO ambitious?
Old 06-24-2007, 02:16 AM

uh, yeah.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Varies. I have noticed days where cops are every few miles then days where NONE in sight for weeks. Just don't drive during rush hour. Traffic out of Dallas will be painful.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a non-local visiting Fort Worth in July, when is the best time to head up I35 after work? I am staying in the University Drive & I30 area, so I'll be jumping on I30 for an exit or so to get to I35W North.

[/ QUOTE ]

4 or so if not on a friday...then 3-330
Old 06-24-2007, 11:33 PM

Thanks. If I don't leave by 4 (it's a Mon-Wed), do I have to wait until after 7 for the traffic to die down?