Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Trip report: Bellagio & Wynn 5/10NL, Rhino, Brandi sighting - *LON

[ QUOTE ]
nice tr and who cares about how you played the hands or whether your meal cost too much. NITS. just enyoy the report or stfu

[/ QUOTE ]

really

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, limping JJ otb behind others? soo bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever mr. holla balla
Old 11-07-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"she fancied herself a bit of a player"

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand by this observation, and fail to see how this is "picking on" someone.

[ QUOTE ]
"the irritating cokehead from Colorado"

"Hard to believe she's not busto by now"

"i saw her in vegas and in ac and she was hemorrhaging money all the way home. She pays so poorly"

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that people see her this way could be an indication that she either A. Does a good job projecting an image that is not inaccurate. B. Is projecting an image that is accurate.

Playing with her for a few hours, I tend to believe it was A. She was clearly constructing an image in an effort to get paid off on it later.

How can you be upset by people who buy into the image that she's actively trying to project?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There's no way you could have known that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you had to have been there to see how the chips went in. It was really obvious. So obvious that someone who plays as bad as me called his hand before he tabled it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Calling here with a set isn't bad at all.

We don't know "jack" (heh heh), so what does he have and is he bluffing, semi-bluffing, or has it? His range can't be huge here - set of kings is probably out (unless you've seen him be very passive all night preflop, still flat calling with KK is pretty unusual). A lot of players I know could have TT, JT, KJ, AK, AQ, assuming they're not semi-bluffing something like AJ or outright bluffing (unlikely).

What hands does he think you have? That would be AA, AK, AQ, KK, JJ, TT, AQ, QQ, and misc other stuff. A lot of stuff you'll lay down there, which brings semi-bluffs into the picture somewhat.

Let's do math assuming 80% chance he has AQ and 20% we're ahead. If behind AQ, we're about 2:1 to hit a full house+ FTW.

The fact that he pushed "$1500" is irrelevant and just implies your friend's play was worse than it was. You said your friend lost $900, so I'll assume he started the hand with $900. So at the decision point, there is $435 in the pot, villain pushes for $690 more, which is what it costs your friend to call. So there's $1125 in the pot and $690 to call, which is 1.63:1. You're not far from the pot odds you need even if he flipped his AQ face up.

Assume you win 1/3 of the time when you're behind, and you win the 20% of the time you're ahead (not totally accurate but gets us close).

(1/3)(.8)($1125) - (2/3)(.8)($690) + (.2)($1125) = +$152

If you're 100% sure he has AQ (which you can't be), then it's
(1/3)$1125 - (2/3)$690 = -$91

So the picture is hardly as bleak as people are making it sound - it's a very close play either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, thanks for the analysis. I had no idea it was so close. You are right about effective stacks.... I'll pass this on to my friend.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nice tr and who cares about how you played the hands or whether your meal cost too much. NITS. just enyoy the report or stfu

[/ QUOTE ]

umm... this is 2+2. a poker strategy site. If you play bad in a trip report, your GONNA GET CALLED OUT FOR IT! And its encouraged.

octaveshift : If you ever say "I raised to see where I am" again and your not saying it jokingly you should quit playing poker while your ahead! So you raise, and he calls - what information did you gain? Your either way ahead or way behind - THE SAME AS BEFORE YOU RAISED. Get it? Good!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

umm... this is 2+2. a poker strategy site. If you play bad in a trip report, your GONNA GET CALLED OUT FOR IT! And its encouraged.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree- I don't mind the strategy comments at all. The only thing I hate is when people say useless stuff like "You play bad." I post here because I want to get better.

[ QUOTE ]
octaveshift : If you ever say "I raised to see where I am" again and your not saying it jokingly you should quit playing poker while your ahead! So you raise, and he calls - what information did you gain? Your either way ahead or way behind - THE SAME AS BEFORE YOU RAISED. Get it? Good!

[/ QUOTE ]

But, uhhh, if he folds, wouldn't I know that I am ahead? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pointing out that the meal costs $900 is a public service announcement for all those who might be wanting to take their girl to one of these places. $900 !!! -- that's criminal. how do they get away with this? did the waiter expect a $150 tip?

[ QUOTE ]
on strippers, i had same experience at Spearmint back in sept. totally overrated, plastic but less than fantastic. Treasures on the other hand was awesome. They even have a decent restaraunt there! 'would u like a dance between courses sir?'. oh, definitely...

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone remember that incredible little blonde girl repping the treasures booth at the Gaming Expo last summer at the Rio. wondering if she still works there.

oh and if some skank asks me if i want a dance. i say, "no! i'll watch your skanky ass from 20 feet away and save the 40 bucks"
Old 11-07-2007, 12:55 PM

nice report sounds like a good time was had by all. I am so ready for my friends to get good jobs so we can start an annual pilgramage to Vegas.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

pointing out that the meal costs $900 is a public service announcement for all those who might be wanting to take their girl to one of these places. $900 !!! -- that's criminal. how do they get away with this? did the waiter expect a $150 tip?

[/ QUOTE ]

We chose the "Omakase", which is the Chef's tasting menu. (A testing menu is generally, if not always, the most expensive thing on a menu.) And yes, the waiter was tipped accordingly.

[ QUOTE ]

oh and if some skank asks me if i want a dance. i say, "no! i'll watch your skanky ass from 20 feet away and save the 40 bucks"

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you actually used this line before? I imagine that would not go down well in most places.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT you are kidding right? You gain a lot of information by raising. Especially in deep stack games. By calling you gain absolutely nothing. If he fires big on the turn he could just as well be betting the nuts as well as bluffing a second barell. You would know that if you raised on the flop.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT you are kidding right? You gain a lot of information by raising. Especially in deep stack games. By calling you gain absolutely nothing. If he fires big on the turn he could just as well be betting the nuts as well as bluffing a second barell. You would know that if you raised on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paulie - you are confusing concepts. I suggest you search for "raise to see where I stand" on 2+2 to see what the general consensus is. I didn't say if raising was wrong, I said raising to see where you stand is wrong. I am not as prolific in explaining NL concepts as others are (if its a limit game I can easily explain because I have more experience teaching limit games) so I will let others elaborate.