Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Re: The Mystery Method....... textbook for picking up chicks

lol @ every OOTer being an authority on picking up women
Old 10-08-2007, 11:34 AM

That wasn't really what I meant. I was mocking the Mystery "concept," which is essentially to approach more women, which in turn gives you more confidence to do so. I'm not a player by any stretch of the imagination, but then again I've never really been into [censored] random skanks I met at a bar. And no, that's not an excuse for not being able to pick up women.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:34 AM

One thing that all the PUA materials have in common is that they stress the importance of approaching women a lot, which most guys never do.

Approaching a woman and saying almost anything, even "you make my pee-pee go yay-yay," will work at least part of the time and is much better than standing against the wall all night, filled with self-loathing, and then going home and beating off.

Also confidence/attitude >>>>>> looks and everything else
Old 10-08-2007, 11:35 AM

Hey, awesome, another PUA thread!
Old 10-08-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hence OP is banned for 2 days... rawr
Old 10-08-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I said instinctual. Intellectual is the last thing I want to be when picking up a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you're picking up some pretty quality women. Seriously, if I can't have an intelligent conversation with someone I'm trying to "pick up," I'm not wasting my time. And my girlfriend is hot and smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a middle ground between instinctual and intellectual.

If you follow any guy around with a hidden camera, he is going to act differently around a first date then he would if they were already in a relationship so stop trying to deny that there are instinctual patterns to the way we think, feel and act around the opposite sex. To deny that instincts that instincts is retarded. Why is it that you act a certain way when you meet your boss, aunt or gf's parents. Its because you were trained to do so. We are not unique snowflakes.

To say: I don't want to be with a girl who this stuff works on is retarded. Its like a girl saying: I don't want to be with a guy who cares about sex, or a guy saying: I won't date a girl who cares about money.

Human beings have instincts. Go read a book on evolution.

(im not really directing this at you Otn, but I see this same debate constantly on here and there is a middle ground that has to be reached. yeah, it sucks that women fall for cheesy stuff and that they are attracted to guys in leather jackets but being bitter about it isn't going to help you. your ancestors weren't bitter about it. they went out and got laid."
Old 10-08-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you follow any guy around with a hidden camera, he is going to act differently around a first date then he would if they were already in a relationship so stop trying to deny that there are instinctual patterns to the way we think, feel and act around the opposite sex. To deny that instincts that instincts is retarded. Why is it that you act a certain way when you meet your boss, aunt or gf's parents. Its because you were trained to do so. We are not unique snowflakes.

To say: I don't want to be with a girl who this stuff works on is retarded. Its like a girl saying: I don't want to be with a guy who cares about sex, or a guy saying: I won't date a girl who cares about money.

(im not really directing this at you Otn, but I see this same debate constantly on here and there is a middle ground that has to be reached. yeah, it sucks that women fall for cheesy stuff and that they are attracted to guys in leather jackets but being bitter about it isn't going to help you. your ancestors weren't bitter about it. they went out and got laid."

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't commenting on instinct. I just thought it was stupid to say that you shouldn't be intellectual when you try to pick up a woman...
Old 10-08-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hence OP is banned for 2 days... rawr

[/ QUOTE ]
he got banned for another [censored] thread actually.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:01 PM

For the most part I think the MM stuff is overly technical. Terms like "time bridge" and the whole A1-A3,C1-C3 etc idea just seem like a BS way to sell his method.

That being said, alot of things in there are effective, I'm just not a fan of how it's all presented.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't commenting on instinct. I just thought it was stupid to say that you shouldn't be intellectual when you try to pick up a woman...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. Let's give it a test run. We'll both approach a girl today, I'll equip myself with a couple of third grade jokes and stupid observations while you arm yourself with some hot topic political issues. Afterwards we can post the results.