Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 05:35 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Stadium Secrets

Oakland/Alameda Coliseum/Arena

Take the Hegenberger Rd exit. Turn on the street Denny;s is on. Park at the end. From there you have 2 options. Climb the fence, walk through a huge field, climb fence again. If youre feeling less adventurous, walk around the block. I do this anytime i dont take BART.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:44 PM

PNC Park in Pittsburgh:

Left field, restaurant below the Outback. I'm not exactly sure what the name of it is, but you can get draft's for like 3.75 or $4. I think it's the cheapest in the stadium.

The guys who walk around sell the beer for like $6.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:00 PM

Coors Field in Denver: (and possibly other baseball parks)

After the 4th inning, everyone who is going to the game has already showed up. There will be empty seats at the field level, but there are still stadium guys (gate keepers) standing at each entrance, checking ticket stubs. If you have crappy nosebleed seats, you and your wife or buddy or whatever go down to the first level inbetween innings and do one of the following:

1) Act like you belong there and hope to get lost in the sheer numbers of people going back to their seats from the bathroom, etc, and grab 2 empty seats. Or:

2) You approach a friendly looking gate keeper and tell them that it's your wife's birthday and that you can't afford great seats and that you saw that a couple of them were empty, and would he let your wife sit there because it would be such a thrill, etc....These guys are so used to drunk a-holes and scammers, that a lot of them will let you through. My brother and I used this technique to sit front row, behind home plate one game. My uncle happened to be watching the game and saw us, and was like WTF, how did you guys afford THOSE seats?
Old 05-24-2007, 06:06 PM

Not much time, but really quickly...

Angels Stadium

If you happen to sit in the right field pavillion, or close to it. There's this amazing place for nachos. Crap, I can't remember the name. They give you a HUGE portion and it's some of the best nachos I've ever had. Just ask one of the ushers, they should know what you're talking about. I wanna say the place is called Maria's or like Madre's or something, but I'm not 100% sure. Get there early though, or go late, because during the game the line is waaaayyyy too long. They also have a Hooters at the stadium too, but I've never been in it so I dunno how cool it is. But it's Hooters, how bad can it be?
Old 05-24-2007, 06:11 PM

Aloha Stadium- Head mauka on Kamehameha Highway and enter the ramp to the main parking lot right after the Salt Lake Boulevard intersection. Get on the ramp at about 4:45 for games that start at 7:05. Don’t go all the way up the ramp, but instead pull to the side and put on your hazard blinkers. Pop the hood for full effect if you start taking heat. Within 15 minutes the lot will fill up, and they will close the gate. Then just take your prime “FREE” spot right outside the gate and pre-game for 2 hours.

They reopen the gate at the end of the game and you have a clear shot to the East Bound on ramp to the Moanalua Freeway.

We found that we get to our seats (N-Blue) exactly at kick-off if we close up the tailgate and start walking at the start of the Star Bangled Banner.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you take the 4 train to Yankee Stadium, get in the very last car. It will let you off right next to the stairwell leading down to the stadium entrance. Also, the 3rd tier seats behind home plate are closer to the action than the 2nd tier seats beyond 1st base.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. I have season tickets in Tier 3 and I feel like I'm right on top of the game.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:21 PM

Also MMP: You can get a Chicago-style hotdog, bag of chips, and soda for $5 freaking dollars right across the street by Home Plate. And you can sit in the patio furniture they provide. I think these vendors may only operate during day games, though. But the dogs are delicious and obv. cheap as hell.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:35 PM

Jacobs Field in Cleveland

Free parking on the street on most nights if you get there early enough. Head east off of 9th onto either Euclid or Prospect and you should find a street spot just fine.

I'm not much help with food and drink options. The Indians website has lots of help with that last time I looked.

Several good bars/restaurants in the vicinity of the stadiums - Panini's, The Winking Lizard to name a few.

If you insist on having your car housed somewhere, park in the Tower City parking lot. It will be off to your left if you are heading north on Ontario. Typically about $6/$7. Take the walkway from Tower City to the Arena and the ballpark is right next door.

Same goes for Cavs games right next door at The Q Arena.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:01 PM

Yeah, this is probably totally worthless, but if anyone ever wants to go to a Japanese baseball game, you can't buy any sort of good tickets normally there as they're all given to season ticket holders and corporations. However there are ticket shops that buy/sell baseball tickets along with really sick deals on train passes. They tend to be concentrated around train stations like everything else. You can also buy/sell gift certificates there at like 99/97 cents on the dollar, I traded some bookstore certificates for tickets once. Ticket prices vary wildly based on the opponent so if you're like most foreign people who come to watch a game there, plan to go to a game against a team low in the standings. Finally the prices drop a ton on game day.
There are also yakuza scalpers who will sell tickets for dirt cheap if you wait until the 1st or 2nd inning, but they will probably try to scam you if you're white and don't speak the language, so I wouldn't bother.
Japanese sports concession stands are crap but the three places I have been didn't care if you brought food and beer to the game so if you don't like paying 800 yen for a can of beer you can bring in your own.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:19 PM

At Petco, you are guaranteed at least 10 foul balls in this section every game. These are generally season ticket holders seats so it is difficult to get them, but you can get them for face value easily the day of or the day before mon-thurs games on the "ticket marketplace" at padres.com.

As for parking, I'd just pay $10 and park at the convention center, but if you are cheapo you can park for free at Qualcomm and take the trolley to the park for $3-4 total, I believe. If you are going to Qualcomm just park in Old Town or off Morena and Friars and take the trolley in. Parking at the Q is TERRIBLE when there is a game so I'd definitely recommend taking the trolley in.