Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Players you like on teams you hate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Absolutely false. The Yankees and Sox are competing in the same division. The Yankees and Mets are in completely different leagues and until interleague play started a couple years ago they only played each other in the Mayor's Trophy game in spring training. I absolutely despise the Red Sox and almost everything about Boston/New England. I don't feel nearly that way about the Mets because we never play them. The two are not the same at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you hate Boston more than Toronto? Boston/New England is more similar to New York than any other city.

Perhaps it's the laid-back Canadianness. Getting away from that, if there were an LA team in the same division (not too much of a reach, since everyone competes for the wildcard now), do you think there would as many L.A. haters due to Hollywood culture clash?

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate Boston more than Toronto largely because they're the team that competes with us every year. Hating Toronto would be like hating Tampa Bay, I just don't care enough to hate them. The proximity also fuels the fire.

I have no idea if the same situation would exist in LA. I get the sense that west coast fans are not nearly as passionate about sports as east coast fans, but I don't really know if that's true. I've probably spent a combined 2ish months in the LA area and 3+ months in the bay area, so I'm not really familiar enough with the culture to answer that question.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I absolutely despise the Red Sox and almost everything about Boston/New England.

[/ QUOTE ]

like, everything everything? or just all the sports teams?
Old 08-09-2006, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I absolutely despise the Red Sox and almost everything about Boston/New England.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Everything on a broad level. I have friends from the area and even one of my best friends is from there and a big Red Sox fans. On a personal level I have no problem being friends with those people or liking individual things about the area (although I haven't been there in 10+ years). On a general level though, like if someone were to ask me "how do you feel about boston?" or "how do you feel about people from boston?" my gut reaction is very negative. I immediately associate all those things with the Red Sox and I hate hate hate the Red Sox.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:41 PM

Guys I like on teams I hate....
David Wells and Josh Beckett (Red Sox)
Bill Parcells (head coach Cowboys)
Antwaan Randle El (Redskins)

Guys I hate on teams I like....
Johnny Damon (Yankees)
Kerry Collins and Kurt Warner (when on the Giants)
Everyone on the NY Knicks

ScottieK
Old 08-09-2006, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Everything on a broad level. I have friends from the area and even one of my best friends is from there and a big Red Sox fans. On a personal level I have no problem being friends with those people or liking individual things about the area (although I haven't been there in 10+ years). On a general level though, like if someone were to ask me "how do you feel about boston?" or "how do you feel about people from boston?" my gut reaction is very negative. I immediately associate all those things with the Red Sox and I hate hate hate the Red Sox.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to feel the same way about NYC. then I went to Katz's.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:51 PM

Bobby Jenks
Ricky Williams (Does he still count as a Dolphin?)
A-Rod
And I hate to admit...Tom Brady
Old 08-09-2006, 12:59 PM

Jeter, Rivera, Matsui and Williams on the Yankees.

Marvin Harrison on the Colts.

Curtis Martin on the Jets.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:07 PM

Barry Bonds
Old 08-09-2006, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Does Boston have some sort of equivalent that would make me not hate everything about it?
Old 08-09-2006, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Does Boston have some sort of equivalent that would make me not hate everything about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ana's Tacqueria FTW.