Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2007, 08:51 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Dave is correct about Prima - you can datamine there. It's also my main site so I would certainly appreciate it.

Needless to say this looks like a must-buy product - with price-point almost irrelevant for any serious player.

I would expect you to blow the old generation of products away with this (much as we all love PT it simply wasn't designed for the NL era).

One request on the HUD - can we please have drag and drop functionlity to move each block of player stats around (like GT+)?

In that respect alone it was always superior to PAHUD, allowing you to set up for new sites much more easily.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:07 AM

Yes the drag and drop idea would be great. The freebie HUD had exactly that and it made moving stats around really easy.

Just out of interest does a proper datamining app exist for prima? Or do you mean just the ability to open up a load of table and record the action from observing the action. From what I remember the last time I played there you can muck your losing hand on the river and so you don't see what people have called you a lot of the time. Is this still the case, cos if it was, surely it would make getting really interesting stats on people much harder as you are going to see a lot less of what they really had.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:17 AM

I believe rvg has already stated the the hud stats are drag and dropable
Old 06-27-2007, 09:19 AM

So many promised features it is hard to keep up :-)
Old 06-27-2007, 09:35 AM

this looks amazing. finally a good pt replacement. good work. something im curious about though, this looks like it could be a serious contender with pokertracker. are you still going to be around in years to come to carry on supporting the software with updates n stuff? Or is there a team of programmers and somebody will be able to take over or something?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:50 AM

Dave & RVG,

Prima/micro would be awesome. Can anyone send these observed HH's to RVG. I can't find them..
Old 06-27-2007, 11:00 AM

rvg,

this looks awesome. unfortunately i'm not playing enough to help with beta testing at the moment (although i wouldn't mind testing with my archived hands).

I would need to be convinced this will be better than PT for me to pony up though, especially if it will cost more than PT; will there be some sort of trial period for the software?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:11 AM

Also, is this gonna have the EV calculations in it? Or the setometer functions? like pokerevsoftware?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:43 AM

Hi,

I'll try to answer all of the questions here:

1) You can drag and drop the stat window while you are playing - not sure if that is what you mean though or if you mean during the setup of your HUD when you are moving things around. Right now I don't have a user interface for the setup / configuration of the HUD (it is all configuration file based) but that is coming and I'll make sure you can drag and drop the different stats.

2) I've been on 2+2 for 2 years and have been supporting my Tourney Manager product since its launch almost 1 year ago. I have put in a ton of time and quite a bit of money into the development of HM so I definately plan on being here many years from now with additional products wherever I see I need for one. One thing I'd probably be willing to do is to put all of the hand parsing / importing code in a seperate dll and provide that in some type of escrow to 1 or 2 2+2ers to ensure that if I get hit by a bus the program will live on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm open to suggestions here.

3) Yeah, send me Prima HH's!

4) There will be a trial period - haven't worked out all of the details but it will likely be something like allowing full functionality for up to 1000 hands.

5) When I wrote Tourney Manager my only competitor was a spreadsheet! It was actually a very nice spreadsheet but still a spreadsheet. Going into this I knew full well that I was taking on two applications that just about everyone used and that have been around for years. So, my only choice was to try and make my program a lot better and provide a lot of things that they don't have and that would be difficult for them to add. My HUD was working in December and I used it for many months but I decided that I needed to overhaul everything if I wanted to make any type of dent in this market and many, many hours later I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with. So, pricing is still up in the air but it will be similar to what is already out there so don't get too concerned about that.

6) You can create a "Set Report" but you wouldn't get the nice graphs and charts like Flop-Set-ometer. At this point I'm not going to add this or the poker ev software functionality to my program and hopefully the authors of those two programs will see how much easier it will be to build their tools against my DB and come up with plugins. Down the road, if there are functionality gaps, I will either add it myself or potentially license some functionality.

I think I got them all answered!

rvg
Old 06-27-2007, 12:05 PM

I'm actually more happy the higher the price is [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]