Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Watch a kid eating a habanero pepper

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive never had a habanero but Ive had this:

I had this stuff at Firehouse Subs a few years ago and at the time this was the hottest stuff they had. Supposed to be hotter than a habanero I believe. One drop on a toothpick to the tongue and I was on fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its blairs 16 million reserve (16 million for the number on teh scoville-o-meter).

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Just for comparison, pepper spray is like 4 million on that scale. Does that stuff have any practical use, or do people just buy it so they can say they own the hottest hot sauce in the world?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:13 AM

I really cant imagine any other use for it other than saying, I have the hottest hot sauce in teh world. Apparently people with asthma should not be near an open jar from what the business week article I read says.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.break.com/index/college_n...ack_fires.html

[/ QUOTE ]

omg awesome. hmm, i feel like theres a moral somewhere in this video...

[/ QUOTE ]

That has to be fake... the guy didn't even flinch/jump at all. Just turned around and wham, right on cue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude his name is mothafuking tyrone! he ain't scared of nothing!
Old 07-27-2007, 01:43 PM

I have eaten a habanero twice (prop bets). While they are hot, they won't make you act like that. Plus, the touching of his face around the eyes with a hand that had been holding the pepper would have been the worst part of the whole experience. A friend of mine did that and his eye puffed up like a prize fighter.

The trick is to have a couple pieces of bread and milk nearby to ease the pain. Don't drink water.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:32 PM

Okay, I call total [censored] on this video. I ate a habanero pepper after a dare once and it was [censored] hot and my face swelled up but I wasn't freaking out like this kid. I was even dumb enough to rub my eyes and nose after rinsing my hands off with water, and got residue all up in there. Now habanero grease in the eyes is true pain my friends. But this kid is definitely over-acting.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:41 PM

Here's a trip report of a guy who actually ate some of this stuff, with hilarious safety precautions and photos. He literally mixed one crystal of it with a pot of tomato soup and found it unbearably spicy. Some choice quotes:

[ QUOTE ]
Blair’s 16 Million compares to tabasco the way a bottle rocket compares to Nagasaki - NY Post May 4th, 2005

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Blair's 16 Million Reserve - Vial ImageBlair warned me of the heat level of this item many times. He talked about having put a small speck, a piece about the size of a salt crystal, on his tongue and apparently his tongue was wounded for a few days afterward.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So the only way to liquify this stuff is to heat it up. So using tweezers and gloves, I picked up the tiny crystal...After about 5 mintues of boiling, my soup was ready to go. First bite was not that hot, so I had the wife take a bite. She threatened divorce once she could speak again, so I tried it again. Then it was hot! So I took a few more bites and had to toss the rest of the pot away - it was too frickin’ hot!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-28-2007, 05:03 PM

Nice trip report, thanks for the link. That's sick hot. So it's totally just for show value and something to show off to your friends. Now all we need is a vid of some poor southern teenager sucking on a few crystals to make this thread complete.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:14 PM

I ate like six habeneros on a dare in college once.

And I used to throw them on the barbecue with other assorted peppers when I'd grill a steak.

What's the big deal?

I don't eat them any more because my digestive system isn't as tough as it used to be. The hottest thing I eat any more is Tapatio. I pull out the chili peppers in chinese food.