Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Procrastination stories

[ QUOTE ]
I do this with all my essays and have always got pretty good grades with minimal effort. At the time of my first post I was very confident because of my prior experience of late essay writing but I have finally met my match. If it was 2k words I could proabably do it but I think with it being 3k it's best to take another day. Here is my email, if anyone has done these before and is good at getting sympathy off tutors, feel free to comment.

Dr Taylor,

Unfortuantely I will be handing my 2nd year Social Comms essay in a day over your 17th April deadline, due to a major error on my part which involved me removing my data stick half way through saving my essay, thus corrupting the data. Fortunately I did have just over half the essay saved on my computer so will have to type the other half up today, meaning I should be able to get the essay to you some time on wednesday afternoon, barring another monumental c**** up.
A few questions:
1. Should I just post the essay through your box in the photo copy room, and before what time?
2. What is the % I get deducted for my essay being late?

Yours sincerely,
Rob W

Pretty lame I know....

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I have found that just an email stating that it will be late (with no reason attached) is better than a horrible excuse. No offense pal, but that is a horrible excuse.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do this with all my essays and have always got pretty good grades with minimal effort. At the time of my first post I was very confident because of my prior experience of late essay writing but I have finally met my match. If it was 2k words I could proabably do it but I think with it being 3k it's best to take another day. Here is my email, if anyone has done these before and is good at getting sympathy off tutors, feel free to comment.

Dr Taylor,

Unfortuantely I will be handing my 2nd year Social Comms essay in a day over your 17th April deadline, due to a major error on my part which involved me removing my data stick half way through saving my essay, thus corrupting the data. Fortunately I did have just over half the essay saved on my computer so will have to type the other half up today, meaning I should be able to get the essay to you some time on wednesday afternoon, barring another monumental c**** up.
A few questions:
1. Should I just post the essay through your box in the photo copy room, and before what time?
2. What is the % I get deducted for my essay being late?

Yours sincerely,
Rob W

Pretty lame I know....

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I have found that just an email stating that it will be late (with no reason attached) is better than a horrible excuse. No offense pal, but that is a horrible excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

He should have attached the first half of his essay, and then added a page or so of random ascii characters simulating corrupted data to back up his claim. It's what I would have done anyways...
Old 04-18-2007, 10:51 PM

Why do more work to cheat or lie than you would have to do in the first place??
Old 04-18-2007, 11:47 PM

Combinatorics Test & Homework

Bernoulli Numbers, Sterling Numbers (1st and 2nd kinds), Catalan Numbers, Harmonic Numbers, Euler Numbers, and Fibonacci Numbers

I've skipped almost half the classes on these (I missed Bernoulli and Euler completely, which are both pretty tough). I have to prove some theorems like the greatest common divisor of the m and nth fibonacci numbers equals the fibonacci number of greatest common divisor of m and n, but I don't know anything about number theory. Also does anyone know what a generating function is?

I have 12 hrs btw

beat: can't stop browsing 2p2
Old 04-19-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny you mention this actually. I did absolutely nothing this semester work-wise, basically the exact same as the above kid's roommate. Last week I was meeting with my advisor because she wanted to talk, and she told me that I should go see somebody in our wellness center and get evaluated by them because I might have depression.

Long story short, guy diagnoses me with depression, and i'm able to take a medical leave instead of failing all of my classes and getting my gpa dragged down through the mud. Don't know exactly how much money i'm going to get back from the school though, and either way it's a wasted semester which sucks.

I'm also not sure yet if I actually do suffer from depression, or if I just knew that it would be a way for me not to have to take the consequences of my actions, and went with it from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am dealing with the same situation as your are, but is slightly different. Seeing as the date to withdraw from classes passed about 3 weeks ago, all my professors got e-mails saying I am attending counsling in the wellness center. Any quizes I missed are dropped, mandatory attendence punishment for missing 2 classes (10% of final grade) is dropped. And in talking to my professors, I won't fail any class as long as a I pass the final.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:13 AM

haha that's crazy...maybe i should have tried that. instead, i'm dropping a course this week, 2 weeks before the semester's over bc i have no chance to pass it, i have a presentation in 10hrs and an exam in 8...glad i'm here reading 2p2 instead.
at least i'm taking a LOA after this semester and probably gonna just quit and start playing pro, this school [censored] blows