Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Zero Rake Poker Business plan

[ QUOTE ]

The condition for such a site to exist is that players may only play at one table at a time, like real poker, which this internet "homegame" is supposed to emulate, indeed, possibly, would have to emulate, since that is the premise of the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to imply that just allowing 1 table at a time would come closer to making internet-poker 100% legal in the U.S.
You are making it sound like it isn't merely a preference of yours but that it would somehow make a difference in avoiding prosecution.
I do not agree with this assertion.

I am not in on this plan as I do not have faith in your ability to put something like this together properly.
But if it does get started somehow and looks good then I will have no problem playing there.

Don't frown on my lack of interest in this project.
I have said mostly the same thing to 2 other people who have approached me about how it would be such a great idea to get together and open an internet-poker site because it's clearly super-easy and we would make so much money.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:15 PM

Are you not elaborating on how this will be paid for so you can solicit ideas from the crowd while having no actual idea yourself?
Maybe you could get the poker software cheaper and quicker by buying a base version from a site that has gone under and making modifications to the product as necessary.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:28 PM

dude get a f*cking grip. your "idea" makes no sense at all and will never happen. You do realize the operating expenses of major poker sites are in the millions of dollars. The title of this thread has no bearing because you have not even come remotely close to presenting a business plan. All you have said is "hi my name is tuff fish i make retarded internet poker videos of me playing like a donk but talking like i think i know something... haha thats so funny. Oh btw i think i know how to make poker legal. just make it free. oh and only one table. its revolutionary. Anybody who disagrees with me is either an idiot or hates money."

yea cya there
Old 11-17-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All you have said is "hi my name is tuff fish i make retarded internet poker videos of me playing...

[/ QUOTE ]
have a link?

BTW. I disagree with the rest of what you said. It could work although it probably won't work. Anyway that's his own risk.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:14 PM

1 table is silly. I get bored out of my mind playing 1 table. Make it 3 or 4 max, and don't allow any software. Rakefree would never work. It takes serious money to run a site, and even more to promote it.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:16 PM

"All you have said is "hi my name is tuff fish i make retarded internet poker videos of me playing...

have a link?"

Yeah, it's been long enough that some of the newer posters might not be familiar with the legend that is tufffish.

search for 'tuff fish' on youtube.

Somebody made a video of some of his tiltiest comments set to the song "Bad Day":
http://tuffish.ytmnd.com/
Old 11-18-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody made a video of some of his tiltiest comments set to the song "Bad Day":

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold, thank you.

TF - payment processors charge a shít load, if a million dollars was deposited in the first week your site was up that probably costs you $50,000, certainly $30,000, and what do you think you need to be deposited on a site to get liquidity? A lot more I would guess.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My thirteen year old daughter and I laughed our butts off listening to this.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Cheaters and colluders will be shot, survivors will be shot again. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Who is in on these terms?

Tuff

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd sign up just because of this clause in the T&Cs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2007, 05:33 PM

Tuff you're the ultimate attention whore

How does this not get more love?:

Scene: Some Boardroom in New York.

"So, how is it, again, that we make money, Johnson?"
"We don't. Its revolutionary."
"And we may get sued or jailed by DOJ?"
"Yep."
"But no one can multitable. Ever."
"what's that?"
"Where a nit plays more than one table. At Pokerstars, some nits play like 20 tables at a time."
"And how do they make money at Pokerstars?"
"They charge rake."
"And we won't?"
"Exactly."
"And at Pokerstars, some players play 20 tables at a time, paying rake on all 20 tables at once?"
"Yeah, and they play all day so unimaginatively..."
"All DAY?"
'Well, 24/7, really, Pokerstars never shuts down... but you are missing the point...."
"Is PokerStars for Sale, Johnson?"

If you dont want multitabling hud bots as you call them, then fair enough don't allow PT or PAHUD on your site. If it came at the cost of all these fish that you gonna be having on your site then so be it..I think everyone would be willing to make that sacrifice.

Trying to limit it to one table like a real poker room is stupid as Live poker without the interaction of other people at your table would be the most unenjoyable thing ever. Setting it to 3 or 4 tables max would still greatly serve your cause of trying to preserve your fishy clients.

Lastly, A rakefree site is nice and all but the only people that have that high on their list when shopping for a poker site to play on is the very people you don't want, the multitabling hud bots. A recreational player does not care about the rake charged by a site (to an extent of course). Rather charge a rake (you can still keep it less than the competition) and spend it all on promotions and advertising to get players to your site and keep them there.