Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 05:04 AM

Default Re: 63s level 1 WCOOP ME

30 minute levels, 400BBs, very probably the same table for at least 200 hands, I think this is OK and played OK post-flop - though I'd bet bigger and more bluffy on the end. Obviously, we have a negative expectation in the hand as soon as we call the raise but file under 'advertising play'. What's the point of being super-deep in a tournament if you can't persuade the majority of the table who are worse than you that you are actually worse than them? If I'd played this tournie, I'd have been throwing at least one spaz move in at this level, although I'd rather I was more likley to be in position so that I could bet/muck the river and let everyone see the hand history or whatever.

As played, I wouldn't post the hand, because what's the point? It's impossible to defend the play in terms of cEV.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:27 AM

pf is actually better if we were 200bb deep

but that would've meant overlimp 3bet or something for betgo
Old 10-16-2007, 08:02 AM

horrible play pre but i think you played it will after the flop
Old 10-16-2007, 08:41 AM

hand is fine but you didn't bet enough on the river
Old 10-16-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
30 minute levels, 400BBs, very probably the same table for at least 200 hands, I think this is OK and played OK post-flop - though I'd bet bigger and more bluffy on the end. Obviously, we have a negative expectation in the hand as soon as we call the raise but file under 'advertising play'. What's the point of being super-deep in a tournament if you can't persuade the majority of the table who are worse than you that you are actually worse than them? If I'd played this tournie, I'd have been throwing at least one spaz move in at this level, although I'd rather I was more likley to be in position so that I could bet/muck the river and let everyone see the hand history or whatever.

As played, I wouldn't post the hand, because what's the point? It's impossible to defend the play in terms of cEV.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as preflop, yeh it is partly for psychological effect. Also, if the flop comes low, I don't want people to put me on AK.

I also think 63s is stronger with 400xBB. A hand like AJo goes down in value and suited gappers go up.

Getting almost 3-1, I think calling the raise is automatic. I don't mind if villain has a big hand.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:21 AM

Can someone explore the idea of implied odds with super deep stack sizes a bit more?

The OP said that this was a good call because of implied odds and its a good hand to stack aces and we are super deep so we can play speculative hands...

However he then says that he doesn't really want to be playing for stackswith a six high flush? These two arguments seem to contradict each other.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:21 AM

Yeh, I didn't want to go allin with flush draw and pair on the flop this deep. I wonder if I should have played it more aggressively on the flop and turn. I really don't know how to play this hand with 400xBB.

Also, should I have bet more on the river? I thought the flush draw hitting was sort of obvious. However, if villain really has what he is representing, an overpair, he probably calls a lot more.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explore the idea of implied odds with super deep stack sizes a bit more?

The OP said that this was a good call because of implied odds and its a good hand to stack aces and we are super deep so we can play speculative hands...

However he then says that he doesn't really want to be playing for stackswith a six high flush? These two arguments seem to contradict each other.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't want to be playing for stacks with a flush draw and pair on the flop. Someone else said you don't want to go allin with the 6-high flush.

With deep money, the value of high card hands goes down and the value of pps suited connectors/gappers goes up. It is hard to win a really big pot with AJo, since you usually make TPTK or TPGK when you hit. With a suited connector, you are more likely to make bigger hands like a straight or flush.

If villain has aces and make trips, two pair, or a straight, I can often win a big pot. Of course, sometimes I make a big hand and the aces make a bigger hand. However, my hand is much better disguised. The implied odds are of winning a big pot when I hit, like if I had 44 versus a big pair or AK, I could win a big pot if I make a set.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:12 AM

I could have sworn on my bustout hand Betgo said fold preflop despite having a much better hand and being in position.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could have sworn on my bustout hand Betgo said fold preflop despite having a much better hand and being in position.

[/ QUOTE ]
Much better hand? Low suited gappers are the nuts.