Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Prs to be making me less broke? Financial Follies

Anacardo is the male version of Brandi.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:12 AM

It is oot he knew what it was when he made the post. You have to take the good with the bad. He definitely got some good. Sorry if I was part of the bad but hey I am being honest if we can't be honest then what?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:14 AM

tuq,

Deep breaths? What are you talking about?

First, I said "majority" and yes I understand that there are some people in this thread that he not only talks to regularly (I talk to him frequently as well) but that he knows in real life too. Even still, there are plenty of posters that are just running to the quick reply with nothing to say other than to add on to something that has already been said but in some harsher tone and these are people that don't know him. I dunno, I guess I don't take the internet serious enough, it is just weird to me that people are sooooo wound up.

I am going to stay out of this now.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:18 AM

darko,

You're right, I don't really care; I don't even know the dude. But, just because I like helping people and I like to solve problems, I have in this and previous threads tried to help him out with some suggestions/advice. But when Cardo decides that he wants to be argumentative and snarky and dismissive, sure I'll get into it with him, because that can be entertaining for a while. When people act like they really need and want help, the 2+2 community is pretty damn nice. You reap what you sow, etc.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:18 AM

I think Anacardo, his predicament, and his underwhelming reaction to it just reminds us of our own frustrations dealing with the awkward transition to adulthood, or trying to get people with potential to have some motivation. These subjects can really dredge up personal feelings and that's why it doesn't surprise me that the venom flows freely.

Just let it go, folks; no need to get whipped up into a frenzy or jump on the dogpile. The best way to help anyone out is to give them some good advice and back the [censored] out of their way. They probably won't heed your advice, but after they've made their mistakes they will have the time to reflect upon their mistakes and learn from your advice.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:20 AM

skunk,

"I think Anacardo, his predicament, and his underwhelming reaction to it just reminds us of our own frustrations dealing with the awkward transition to adulthood, or trying to get people with potential to have some motivation."

Well said.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
to add to what tuq said:

it is very infuriating than being asked for advice only to have all of it ignored. it makes you wonder why the person asked in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I got a lot of irons in the fire. If people are just pissed because I spend a lot more time shooting down what I don't like than praising what I find useful (which, by the way, this thread has had a lot of useful material), well, I'm sorry, I guess. Try to get people to troll less.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anacardo is the male version of Brandi.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know who you are, but claiming personal knowledge of someone, making some harsh accusations then hiding behind a shield of anonymity is always very, very LOL.

Also, Brandi is [censored] hawt. I'm just a reasonably nice-looking young man.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Anacardo, his predicament, and his underwhelming reaction to it just reminds us of our own frustrations dealing with the awkward transition to adulthood, or trying to get people with potential to have some motivation. These subjects can really dredge up personal feelings and that's why it doesn't surprise me that the venom flows freely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or people that have grown and reached even the smallest of accomplishments are bothered by sloth, wasted opportunity and especially wasted time. Many people have figured out that life is all about the journey and would like to help others along. I certainly take pity on those that think that they can rest on their laurels, especially at such a young and ignorant age.

A strange picture we make on our way to our chimaeras, ceaselessly marching, grudging ourselves the time for rest; indefatigable, adventurous pioneers. It is true that we shall never reach the goal; it is even more than probable that there is no such place; and if we lived for centuries and were endowed with the powers of a god, we should find ourselves not much nearer what we wanted at the end. O toiling hands of mortals! O unwearied feet, travelling ye know not whither! Soon, soon, it seems to you, you must come forth on some conspicuous hilltop, and but a little way further, against the setting sun, descry the spires of El Dorado. Little do ye know your own blessednes; for to travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive, and the true success is to labour.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If people are just pissed because I spend a lot more time trolling what I don't like than praising what I find useful (which, by the way, this thread has had a lot of useful material), well, I'm sorry, I guess. Try to get people to praise me more.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

DUCY?