Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How do you manage your passwords?
KeePass 5 62.50%
RoboForm 1 12.50%
Password Safe 1 12.50%
KeyPass 0 0%
Other 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 03:44 AM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, May, READ RULES IN TOP POST

you dont know how much i hate poker right now

still 0 winning days this month. even when i do good on my first sets, the final set is ALWAYS doomswitched to wipe out any profit i somehow make...yeesh, can i get out of this downswing please.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you dont know how much i hate poker right now

still 0 winning days this month. even when i do good on my first sets, the final set is ALWAYS doomswitched to wipe out any profit i somehow make...yeesh, can i get out of this downswing please.

[/ QUOTE ]

stop playing after good set #1
then youll have a winning day
doomswitch will be gone
and you can play again and win all the moniez and buy a candy house
Old 05-08-2007, 03:49 AM

i almost didnt play the final set too, thinking that id just get doomswitched today...then i thought "it cant be like this yet again"...well it was...QQ < JJ, shoved into QQ twice BvB, lost 3 flips, etc
Old 05-08-2007, 04:21 AM

misclick, the month is 7 days old. get some perspective.

In march, I had 2 very minor winning days all month, and went down 130 buyins for $20k. I complained on here, donno, twice I think near the end. [censored] happens, it's poker. it's gambling. every now and then, you lose for a LONG time, longer than you even think is possible.

If you play with some simulators, you will see that runs much more than twice the "normal" max bad runs are entirely possible, meaning they are happening to some poor slob RIGHT NOW. It was my turn in march. maybe if you keep bitching and whining it will be your turn this month. Probably not though. Probably your run will be perfectly ordinary, so for the love of god stop bitching and agonizing over the order your winning days come in this month and just play your best.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:42 AM

Lacky weren't your losses MTT buyins? In which case -130 wouldn't even be all that huge right?
Old 05-08-2007, 09:50 AM

correct. "standered" recomended bankroll for mtt's is 100 buyins, so 130 was beyond that, but not too far beyond. I'm sure some poor shmuck has run far worse. I hope it won't be me.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:15 PM

wiggs,

care to explain to the forum why its better to flat call the flop and push turn rather than just push flop with that AJ hand that got u stacked? I'll be honest that I don't really see your logic UNLESS the cards are exposed and you're in a vaccumm-type textbook game.

Thanks, Indy
Old 05-08-2007, 01:35 PM

Haha, Indy, thanks for posting in my MSNL thread, the STTF [censored] thread, and PMing me.

I just wanted to let you know I got your messages before you go to the trouble of writing me a letter, emailing me, or flying to NC to ask me in person. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'll reply (probably only once though) when I have a little more time... but it's entirely possible the line I took isn't the best line or even a good line, which is why I posted it.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:41 PM

Well, I'll just say it here since there isn't much to it.

Basically if he has AA or a set we're getting in either way. If he has a flush draw, and I make a not-quite-pot-sized 3bet on the flop, he has correct odds to call. If I wait until the turn to make the same bet, he doesn't. That's basically the gist of it. Lower variance, similar EV, I can make him make a mistake this way.

The few rare times he's making this play with Jx or air, I think he's shoving a scare card on the turn very seldomly, so I'm pretty confident I can check/fold if a diamond, 8, or K peels.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, Indy, thanks for posting in my MSNL thread, the STTF [censored] thread, and PMing me.

I just wanted to let you know I got your messages before you go to the trouble of writing me a letter, emailing me, or flying to NC to ask me in person. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'll reply (probably only once though) when I have a little more time... but it's entirely possible the line I took isn't the best line or even a good line, which is why I posted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

jeez sorry...i just didnt know if u'd go back to that forum before u forgot about the hand...
Closed Thread