Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians

[ QUOTE ]
Alright so my bank sucks, doesn't have a SWIFT code, and requires me to use Scotia Banks SWIFT code, then they issue a bank draft to my bank.

Obviously a lot of hassle which I don't want to go through. I'm an affiliate too so I make frequent withdrawals.

So I figure I will sign up with a new bank. I won't be using it for internet banking or anything like that - the one I am with has hot rates so I stick with them. But it'll be to accept withdrawals from moneybookers et al, then just use my debit card to withdraw. I live downtown Kingston and have most banks at my disposal(Bank of Montreal, CIBC, Scotia, TD etc) so any recommendations would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think it matters much what bank you use, I'd be more concerned with the level of account activity you plan on. Figure out the number of deposits/withdrawals and find the account plan that's cheapest.

I use Scotia, no real loyalty, I just ended up there. They made the wire transfer process easy to MB, I can't speak for anywhere else.

You might also want to consider the credit cards that are accepted at gaming sites to help you choose the bank. If RBC, as mentioned earlier, doesn't accept gaming CC transactions (and you want a CC and account at the same place for convenience sake, that is) then you may want to look at the other ones.

So that's my really long winded explanation for; go with the cheapest and most convenient. lol

Hope it was helpful.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:18 PM

So which bank is the cheapest for account activity of 1 wire transaction per month from moneybookers, c2p, or epasseporte?

Would be really helpful if somebody already searched this info, thx!!
Old 04-21-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I emailed Will Hill to complain about the lack of funding options.

[/ QUOTE ]

I e-mailed Will Hill recommending they start offering Moneybookers instead of just Neteller. They still don't have Moneybookers support. Hope they support MB in the future.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I emailed Will Hill to complain about the lack of funding options.

[/ QUOTE ]

I e-mailed Will Hill recommending they start offering Moneybookers instead of just Neteller. They still don't have Moneybookers support. Hope they support MB in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I emailed them a few days ago too. This was their response: "Dear Mr *******,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are unable to confirm adding any new payment methods at this time. However we have passed your feedback on to the relevant department. We hope this answers your query but if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Craig"
Old 04-21-2007, 02:27 AM

Good news on Hollywood!

Moneybookers - AP, b2b, Betfair, Boss (some), Cake, Dobrosoft (Wingows), Everest, iPoker (some), Ladbrokes, Mansion, Microgaming, OnGame, Pacific, Party, Poker4Ever, Stars, UB, WSEX
Click2Pay - AP, Boss (some), Crypto (Sun & IP only), Everest, FT, iPoker (some), Microgaming (some), OnGame (NOT Europoker), Poker.com, TruePoker, UB
ePassporte - AP, Bugsy's Club, Cake, Dobrosoft (Wingows), GamesGrid, FT, Poker4Ever, Stars, UB
EcoCard - Dobrosoft (FCP, Wingows), iPoker, Mansion, Microgaming (some), OnGame (Eurobet), Poker4Ever
ATMOnline - Dobrosoft (Poker World), UB
ewalletxpress - Bugsy's Club, Dobrosoft (FCP)
No eWallet - Crypto (Betsafe, Poker Plex, Totalbet, UK Betting, Will Hill), Paradise, Poker Champs

Networks checked so far: AP, b2b, Betfair, Boss, Bugsy's Club, Cake, Crypto, Dobrosoft, Everest, FT, GamesGrid, iPoker, Ladbrokes, Mansion, Microgaming, OnGame, Pacific, Paradise, Party, Poker.com, Poker Champs, Poker4Ever, Stars, TruePoker, UB, WSEX.

<u>Moneybookers</u>

Currency Available: US $, Can $, others
Funding Options: Bank Transfer (Free), CC (1.9% fee)
Withdrawal Options: Cheque ($4.67 fee), International Bank Transfer ($2.40 fee) - your bank must have its OWN SWIFT code. If your Bank/Credit Union uses a "correspondent bank", this will NOT work.
Depositing on Sites: No fees
Cashouts from Sites: No fees
Transaction Limits: 1,000 Euro for Outgoing Transactions, no limit for Incoming. Can be increased to as high as 17,000 Euro with verification steps.

<u>Click2Pay</u>

Currency Available: Can $ only
Funding Options: Bank Wire (NOT transfer), CC (3% fee) - you don't actually fund the account with your CC prior to making a deposit at a poker site. If you have no funds in your account when you make a deposit at a poker site, they then take it from your CC.
Withdrawal Options: Cheque ($2 fee), C2P Card ($10 fee to get card, $5 monthly dormant fee after 6 months, no other C2P fees)
Depositing on Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Cashouts from Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Transaction Limits: NO limits on C2P-site-C2P transfers. $500/wk limit on loading from CC, will be increased after you spend a certain amount of money over a certain period of time...not specified how much or how long. Next level is $1,000 per week. There are a total of 4 levels after your initial one.

<u>ePassporte</u>

Currency Available: US $ only
Funding Options: CC only ($5 fee per $100 loaded)
Withdrawal Options: Wire Transfer ($50 fee), ATM ($2 fee, requires a $35 purchase of a Visa Card, $35 annual fee)
Depositing on Sites:
Cashouts from Sites:
Transaction Limits: $500 max daily total loads ($1000 for select); 5 max daily loads; 10 max daily transactions; $300 max daily total withdrawals ($600 for select); 5 max daily ATM transactions; 10 max Visa transactions. Select status requirements on web site, $5 fee
Old 04-21-2007, 12:12 PM

Just got my withdrawal out of Hollywood and into my Moneybookers account. No problems, no glitches.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So which bank is the cheapest for account activity of 1 wire transaction per month from moneybookers, c2p, or epasseporte?

Would be really helpful if somebody already searched this info, thx!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There are obviously a lot of other things to consider (exchange rates, for example) but in terms of basic banking here are how the majors stack up (in brief).

Bank of Nova Scotia: $3.95/mo for 12 transactions
Royal Bank: Pay as you go chequing: No account fee, $1.00 for each assisted transaction, $0.50 for each automated transaction.
TD Canada Trust: $3.95/mo for 10 transactions
Bank of Montreal: $4.00/mo for 10 transactions
National Bank: $5.50/mo for 20 transactions (There may be a cheaper option but their online system is difficult to navigate for information)

There are also some accounts that offer free banking if you keep your account balance above a certain amount. If you plan on doing that, your main issue, I believe, will be the exchange rate that you get from each bank.

The Bank of Canada rate yesterday was:
19/04/07 20/04/07
Can/US closing 1.1295 1.1230

and here's what the banks gave:
Scotia 1.14 (pays) 1.10(receives)
RBC 1.1444 (pays) 1.10(receives)
TD 1.1468(pays) 1.103(receives)
National (not sure, awful website)
BMO 1.13(pays) 1.11 (recieves)

I hope I got that right, frankly I just go with whatever my bank offers.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:59 PM

Thx a lot!
Old 04-21-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bank of Nova Scotia: $3.95/mo for 12 transactions
Royal Bank: Pay as you go chequing: No account fee, $1.00 for each assisted transaction, $0.50 for each automated transaction.
TD Canada Trust: $3.95/mo for 10 transactions
Bank of Montreal: $4.00/mo for 10 transactions
National Bank: $5.50/mo for 20 transactions (There may be a cheaper option but their online system is difficult to navigate for information)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a list for what each bank charges to receive and send international bank wires? I think the transaction fees there aren't referring to international bank wires.

I would avoid Royal Bank for international bank wires, whether incoming or outgoing. Very expensive.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:32 PM

I've noticed from TD's updated agreement that TD Visa charges a cash advance fee if you use it to purchase from gambling sites. Does anyone know if the same occurs with a Citi Mastercard? I'm used to paying no fees when reloading and withdrawing with Pokerstars, and I don't want to start now. I'm hoping that eChecks come back to Pokerstars before the next reload bonus.
Closed Thread