Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 11:53 PM

Default Re: ***Official 2006 NLCS Cards v. Mets Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok. There is no strike zone anymore. Gonna have to get lucky and mount a rally....

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon man. Mr. Expanding strike zone himself was pitching for you guys tonight. And if you are referring to that strike three pitch to Valentine, that was a strike.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started cursing at the TV before the umpire even signalled strike 3. It might not have been a strike but it certainly looked like one.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:55 PM

pujols just talked up glavine a bit when asked about his homer: "good stuff, 290 wins, on his way to the hall of fame"
Old 10-17-2006, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Strike Zone grew as the game went on but that isnt an excuse for the Mets. The late game strike zone was correct, the early strike zone was a peanut.

Absolutly terrible performance by the MEts, on the verge of losing to a .500 team. More embarassing than the Yankees. Everytime you think the Mets might be able to take over the city they let you down. At leats the Tigers are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure you're not Aces_High?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I seem radicle because 85% of this thread is Cardinals fans. The Cardinals finished over 10 games under .500 on the road, and they won 83 games. The Cardinals are not good. I'm sorry if that makes you mad but its true. If you win the NLCS it doesn't matter anyway. I'd rather be the team that wins, which the Mets, never are.

You have no idea how frustrating it is to be a Mets fan. You share a city with Yankee fans, they are the most frustating competitve team in all of sports to be a fan of.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:58 PM

Well, wrt Glavine, he wasn’t good. He wasn’t good at all. I think the Cards hit the ball hard, and finally got some breaks.

I say he wasn’t good at all. The Cards got some opportunities and that’s it. Glavine did the same thing that he always does. Throw a changeup, fastball and that was it. I just think the Cards did well and would have loved to see him on short rest.

Also, I completely agree that the homeplate ump was inconsistent as hell. I remember a few pitches, for both teams, that looked like the EXACT same pitch as one that was called the opposite way a few pitches earlier.

Taking one in NY is going to be tough, especially since we have the totally average Carpenter starting for one of them. Right, Bob?
Old 10-17-2006, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok. There is no strike zone anymore. Gonna have to get lucky and mount a rally....

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon man. Mr. Expanding strike zone himself was pitching for you guys tonight. And if you are referring to that strike three pitch to Valentine, that was a strike.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started cursing at the TV before the umpire even signalled strike 3. It might not have been a strike but it certainly looked like one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got up and was dancing around the living room before the ump raised his right hand. It was a strike no about it. Loved Pujos taking the 2nd out himself and making Floyd gimp all the way there.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pujols just talked up glavine a bit when asked about his homer: "good stuff, 290 wins, on his way to the hall of fame"

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a good winner and a bad loser. Easy to be a good winner. I don't think the Cardinals are a very good team but I sure as hell wouldn't tell a reporter that if i was on the Mets.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, wrt Glavine, he wasn’t good. He wasn’t good at all. I think the Cards hit the ball hard, and finally got some breaks.

I say he wasn’t good at all. The Cards got some opportunities and that’s it. Glavine did the same thing that he always does. Throw a changeup, fastball and that was it. I just think the Cards did well and would have loved to see him on short rest.

Also, I completely agree that the homeplate ump was inconsistent as hell. I remember a few pitches, for both teams, that looked like the EXACT same pitch as one that was called the opposite way a few pitches earlier.

Taking one in NY is going to be tough, especially since we have the totally average Carpenter starting for one of them. Right, Bob?

[/ QUOTE ]

Laugh it up. On the road, Carpenter is average. The stats say so. The Cardinals also suck on the road. Mets are pretty big faves in my eyes both games but not enough to compensate for being down a game so Cardinals are definately favorites to win the series.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Strike Zone grew as the game went on but that isnt an excuse for the Mets. The late game strike zone was correct, the early strike zone was a peanut.

Absolutly terrible performance by the MEts, on the verge of losing to a .500 team. More embarassing than the Yankees. Everytime you think the Mets might be able to take over the city they let you down. At leats the Tigers are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I seem radicle because 85% of this thread is Cardinals fans. The Cardinals finished over 10 games under .500 on the road, and they won 83 games. The Cardinals are not good. I'm sorry if that makes you mad but its true. If you win the NLCS it doesn't matter anyway. I'd rather be the team that wins, which the Mets, never are.

You have no idea how frustrating it is to be a Mets fan. You share a city with Yankee fans, they are the most frustating competitve team in all of sports to be a fan of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit hating. The cards may not be great but they are at least "good". My god, what the hell is your definition of a good team?

BTW, this series is far from over.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:06 AM

Carpenter pitches 7+ innings tomorrow and gives up less than 2 runs. Count it.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit hating. The cards may not be great but they are at least "good". My god, what the hell is your definition of a good team?

BTW, this series is far from over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually since there are only 2 games left and possible just 1 more left, it is very close to being over.

BTW my definition of a good team is one with a .520 winning percentage, lol. I don't hate the Cardinals because they suck aren't good I'm just acknowledging a fact, idk why it pisses everyone off so much, you're winning. I'd have loved if the 2001 Mets could have finished that division comeback and won the WS, that would have ruled.