Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Parallel Bankroll?
Yes 12 70.59%
No 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2006, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Israel\'s Attack on Lebanon and Hezbollah

Like I said, it doesn't much matter that Hezbollah hides among civilians if the IDF makes little attempt to distinguish between the two.

And if you're going to rely on Jan Egeland, you have to also acknowledge that she believes that Israel's violated international humanitarian law and the UN High Commissioner on Human Rights thinks that Hezbollah and Israel could be guilty of war crimes.

Both sides are guilty. That some of you can't see that is absolutely mind-boggling.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:26 PM

Concession accepted. Now to this nonsense:

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said, it doesn't much matter that Hezbollah hides among civilians if the IDF makes little attempt to distinguish between the two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Little attempt to distinguish between the two other than giving several hours notice to the civilians of the area, despite tipping their plans to HZB so they can use more skirts to flee the area.

[ QUOTE ]
And if you're going to rely on Jan Egeland, you have to also acknowledge that she believes that Israel's violated international humanitarian law and the UN High Commissioner on Human Rights thinks that Hezbollah and Israel could be guilty of war crimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

She? You dont even know who tf you are talking about much less what HE thinks. And "thinking" BOTH COULD be guilty of war crimes is awfully damning, coming from the head of a Humanitarian committee. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Both sides are guilty. That some of you can't see that is absolutely mind-boggling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your OPINION is that both sides are guilty, and youre welcome to it despite the obvious inability to distinguish between aggression and defense.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You asked what evidence exists that Hezbollah hides among civilians. Repeatedly. It was provided. And now you say it doesnt much matter. And if you had bothered to read the link that you had clamoured for, you would have seen this:

"A high-ranking source in the Northern Command told The Jerusalem Post Wednesday that Bint Jbail could not be attacked by air since there were still several hundred civilians there. The officer said that the fighting in the town would continue at least for a day or two."
Old 07-28-2006, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Little attempt to distinguish between the two other than giving several hours notice to the civilians of the area, despite tipping their plans to HZB so they can use more skirts to flee the area.

[/ QUOTE ]
What difference does it make if Israel attacks them as they flee???

[ QUOTE ]
She? You dont even know who tf you are talking about much less what HE thinks. And "thinking" BOTH COULD be guilty of war crimes is awfully damning, coming from the head of a Humanitarian committee.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, so you're willing to accept the UN's word when it helps your case but denigrate it when it doesn't. Nh, hypocrisy, nh.

[ QUOTE ]
Your OPINION is that both sides are guilty, and youre welcome to it despite the obvious inability to distinguish between aggression and defense.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I need to defend myself, I don't go firing into a crowd hoping I hit my attacker. That's exactly what Israel's doing.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You asked what evidence exists that Hezbollah hides among civilians. Repeatedly. It was provided. And now you say it doesnt much matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you. But like I said, whether Hezbollah hides among civilians doesn't matter much since I don't believe anyone is justified in firing into a crowd hoping to hit an attacker.

Think of it this way. You have a hostage situation. The hostage takers are firing at the police. Do the police:
a) Fire back, regardless of what they hit
b) Try to take out the criminals and avoid at all costs the hitting of a hostage

[ QUOTE ]
"A high-ranking source in the Northern Command told The Jerusalem Post Wednesday that Bint Jbail could not be attacked by air since there were still several hundred civilians there. The officer said that the fighting in the town would continue at least for a day or two."

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, wait. There may be up to 600 civilians dead and NOW they worry about hitting civilians? Perhaps their starting to feel the heat of international pressure?
Old 07-29-2006, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What difference does it make if Israel attacks them as they flee???

<font color="red"> and what evidence does this link give that they were a) civilians and not HZB and b) intentionally targeted? </font>

[ QUOTE ]
She? You dont even know who tf you are talking about much less what HE thinks. And "thinking" BOTH COULD be guilty of war crimes is awfully damning, coming from the head of a Humanitarian committee.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, so you're willing to accept the UN's word when it helps your case but denigrate it when it doesn't. Nh, hypocrisy, nh. <font color="red">I didnt denigrate anything other than your lack of knowledge of who Jan Egeland is. Pointing out that is appropriate for him to remain neutral until all of the evidence has been examined isnt denigration. </font>

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If I need to defend myself, I don't go firing into a crowd hoping I hit my attacker. That's exactly what Israel's doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">If

a)the attacker has a detonator that will blow up your house and family because

b) he doesnt like the church you go to, and

c) your firing into the crowd has a 90% chance of hitting him,

and d) the people in the crowd had the opporunity to stop him from putting the bomb in your house in the first place

you might change your mind. If not, I wouldnt want to be in your family</font>
Old 07-29-2006, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Air Strikes

IAF warplanes took out the launchers used by Hezbollah to fire a new kind of missile at the Afula area, the furthest south that the guerilla group has reached since it began battering the north of Israel more than two weeks ago.

The initial investigation revealed that the missile has a range of 90 kilometers. The northern district police said that this kind of missile had not landed in the area before. The level of damage caused by the missile impact and the size of the warhead is also unprecedented, suggesting that it could have weighed up to 100 kilograms.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Air Strikes

A senior Hizbullah leader, Nou Shalhoub, was killed Friday afternoon in an IAF strike in the Bekaa Valley in Lebanon.

Shalhoub was responsible for obtaining advanced weaponry for Hizbullah
Old 07-29-2006, 12:53 AM

Default UN

The United Nations has decided to remove 50 unarmed observers from their posts along the Israeli-Lebanese border, moving them in with the peacekeeping force in the area, a spokesman said Friday.

The decision came after one of the posts of the observer force, known as UNTSO, was destroyed by an IAF air strike earlier this week, killing four.

"These are unarmed people and this is for their protection," said Milos Struger, a spokesman for UNIFIL, the peacekeeping force whose 2,000 members have light weapons for self-defense.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:55 AM

Default Russia

Russia on Friday published a list of 17 groups it regards as terrorist organizations and did not include the Palestinian group Hamas or Lebanon's Hizbullah guerrilla group, both of which are regarded as terrorists in Washington.

Groups on the list, published in the official daily Rossiiskaya Gazeta, included al-Qaida and the Taliban as well as the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Tayyaba, a rebel group fighting for Kashmir's independence from India, and Egypt's banned Muslim Brotherhood.

The Russian Federal Security Service's top official in charge of fighting international terrorism, Yuri Sapunov, said that Hamas and Hizbullah were not a major threat to Russia and were not regarded as terrorist groups worldwide.

But he said that Russian security agencies took account of international lists of terrorist groups when exchanging intelligence with foreign counterparts.