Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: WR2
Colston v Bal 4 44.44%
Bryant Johnson @ GB 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: SSNL [cheese] thread: OCT (nc)

[ QUOTE ]
i have a friend (reputable) from another forum that would like to participate as well.

we need an escrow. i'd also like to have a judge, ie person we send stats to etc. that receives all all the stuff

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe some other time then. To be honest I don't know and therefore really don't trust anyone on here. If it was going to be a few people that paid up at the end of the month, I was comfortable with the rip off risk. ideally I win and at worst people don't pay up and it is no money out of my pocket.

Sending money up front to someone requires me to trust not only the folks playing to honestly report results but also some dude to hold the money and pay out accordingly.

I will still attempt to play the entire month at 100NL and post my first 20k hands results for the sport of it.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a friend (reputable) from another forum that would like to participate as well.

we need an escrow. i'd also like to have a judge, ie person we send stats to etc. that receives all all the stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

I can talk to G Dollaz.. he can hold the monies... or maybe HEK if G wont.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:03 PM

Donkaments are a [censored] joke. I play two hands in an hour all for me to shove for 18bb w/ ATo over 2 limpers and one has QQ the other has AK. It's all about the [censored] limp big hands trap.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:06 PM

Mods if this isn't kosher just delete it.

I have an extra 20" monitor, only problem is its widescreen (res is 1600x1000) so there's a little verticle overlap when you 4 table. If anybody wants it I'll sell it for $50+shipping, PM me. I also have a Dell 2001FPP (1600x1200) that I dropped while moving and it doesn't work (screen isn't broke but when I plug it in and turn it on nothing comes up), if you somehow know how to restore it I'll send it to you for the price of shipping.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:15 PM

How to lose 2.3 buy-ins in 6 minutes/25 hands:

Short stacker sits down, runs like god and then leaves

First hand I call, third hand since he sat down, he shoved all of them.

Noble Poker 0.50/1.00, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | <font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB <font color="#C00000">Hero ($99.50)</font>
SB <font color="#C00000">SB ($20.50)</font>

Preflop: Hero is in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB moves all-in for 20.00, Hero calls 19.50.

Flop (41.00) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Turn (41.00) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

River (41.00) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB shows T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero shows A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB wins 41.00 with A straight, Ten high

K standard, a couple hands later

SB <font color="#C00000">Hero ($99.90)</font>
BB <font color="#C00000">BB ($40.00)</font>

Preflop: Hero is in the SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero raises to 3.00, BB moves all-in for 39.00, Hero calls 36.50.

Flop (80.00) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Turn (80.00) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

River (80.00) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero shows K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB wins 80.00 with Flush (Spades) with King high

K whatever and then again:

SB <font color="#C00000">Hero ($103.65)</font>
BB <font color="#C00000">BB ($76.50)</font>

Preflop: Hero is in the SB with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero raises to 3.00, BB moves all-in for 75.50, Hero calls 73.00.

Flop (153.00) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Turn (153.00) Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

River (153.00) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero shows 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB shows T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB wins 153.00 with A fullhouse, Queen's and Ten's

and one last one:

SB <font color="#C00000">Hero ($102.00)</font>
BB <font color="#C00000">BB ($151.80)</font>

Preflop: Hero is in the SB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero raises to 3.00, BB moves all-in for 150.80, Hero moves all-in for 98.50.

Flop (253.80) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Turn (253.80) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

River (253.80) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB shows A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB wins 253.80 with High card: Ace

Course he left 5 hands after the last one

H&amp;(P@PHBCN&amp;P(GH!NIC"SQHNVMR)#*QI
Old 10-03-2007, 05:25 PM

*noob question*

I've just started branching into HU and wondered if winrates tend to be higher over long term playing HU? Also since i suck i am going to start at NL100 at full tilt, is this beatable considering the rake?
Old 10-03-2007, 05:45 PM

Ya it's easier to have a higher winrate at HU, but the variance is sick. I think 40 buy-ins is standard.

HU variance sucks.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HU variance sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2007, 06:13 PM

I know I'm starting to sound like Fgators, but I'm really sick of running bad. It's starting to really affect my play lately and I'm playing like poopoo. Stars, please flip the boomswitch soon.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:25 PM

I can't find a converter so I'm gonna manually convert this hand - I don't think it deserves a thread, just wondering whether a bet or a c/r is better on this river.

First time playing with villain, he doubled up just before I got to table, so I didn't see it (I joined the waitlist as he sat down and closed the table). I'm about 20 hands into the session and he hasn't raised once, and he seems kinda bad.

It's .5/1, I have 108, he covers. I raise 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to 4 (sweetened pot.. prob could've raised more?) in the big blind after two limpers - we're 4 handed. Villain calls from UTG and other limper folds.

Flop is 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I bet 5.50 into the 9 pot - I figure he's gonna fold if he didn't hit it because he's just been playing pretty passively. He calls.

Turn is a beautiful 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I bet $15 into the $20 pot. He calls after thinking a bit.

River is the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], pot is $50 approximately and we have a bunch of money left. I think he's pretty weak so do I bet $32-36 and pray he calls with a 10, or do I check and hope to c/r?
Closed Thread