Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: **** SEPTEMBER LOW CONTENT THREAD *****

LP HH Converter Version 3.0 BETA TESTERS Needed!
Old 09-27-2007, 06:21 PM

make it stop, please...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (2 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB (t1865)
Hero (t1135)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t100</font>, BB calls t50.

Flop: (t200) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t300</font>, BB calls t200.

Turn: (t800) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t250</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t900</font>, Hero calls t485 (All-In).

River: (t2435) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2435

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 6c 7d (straight flush, eight high).
Hero has Kc Jc (flush, king high).
Outcome: BB wins t2435. </font>
Old 09-27-2007, 11:06 PM

I really should invest in a big poster that says "DO NOT PLAY DECENT OPPONENTS!" and put in on the wall behind the computer.

Why is it so hard to not play other decent players? Ego?
Old 09-28-2007, 12:11 AM

LJ,

How long has it been since you played 6-max? Did you make many adjustments between your HU game and 6-max? I just started HU like 2 months ago, and while I think I'm a much better player than I was 2 months ago, if I went back to 6-max part-time I'd be a HUGE spew monkey. What made you think the games were so easy?
Old 09-28-2007, 01:45 AM

Good god! If only this could be true all the time. Tonight's results, from playing just enough games to make sure I hit gold this month, instead of the silver I'm currently at. (no chance of iron, I took too many days off being discouraged and trying to figure out wtf I was doing wrong)

c:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\&gt;results.pl 1
2 player $50: 100.00% (8/8) ROI: 90.48% Total profit: $380.00

All games: 100.00% (8/8) ROI: 90.48 Profit: 380

And yes, this was three-tabling, and was less than 25 minutes of total play from start of the first game to the finish of the last one.

Anybody want to place bets on whether a 90% ROI is sustainable or not?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LJ,

How long has it been since you played 6-max? Did you make many adjustments between your HU game and 6-max? I just started HU like 2 months ago, and while I think I'm a much better player than I was 2 months ago, if I went back to 6-max part-time I'd be a HUGE spew monkey. What made you think the games were so easy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty much in the same boat as LJ

Your hand reading skills will have improved 10 fold from HU and you'll be able to put people on ranges better.

You find value now in places you wouldnt have prior HU cash

I notice more great spots to bluff at and I get now more than ever why certain cards are scare cards for villain and bet accordingly.

The games havent gotten easier its just that you've become better and evolved more as a player from the situations HU forces you to be in more regularly. I don't feel like i'm spewing in the least bit, prob even less than before. Also for some reason multi tabling seems a little easier as well. I'm sure I could do 8 tables of 6max comfortably if I had enough screen space for it whereas before I could only handle 4.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:17 AM

HU definitely improves your feel for the game. There is a difference however. In HU, you can often threebarrell for value TPWK and hands like that, while in 6max you can't, especially not in FR you might not even two barrell value them. So the value of hands go way up in HU, and you have to take that into account. I know from experience.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:54 AM

yeah since getting used to HU i'm a total spewmonkey in 6max.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah since getting used to HU i'm a total spewmonkey in 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moving back is a pretty tough transition.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LJ,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty much in the same boat as LJ

Your hand reading skills will have improved 10 fold from HU and you'll be able to put people on ranges better.

You find value now in places you wouldnt have prior HU cash

I notice more great spots to bluff at and I get now more than ever why certain cards are scare cards for villain and bet accordingly.

The games havent gotten easier its just that you've become better and evolved more as a player from the situations HU forces you to be in more regularly. I don't feel like i'm spewing in the least bit, prob even less than before. Also for some reason multi tabling seems a little easier as well. I'm sure I could do 8 tables of 6max comfortably if I had enough screen space for it whereas before I could only handle 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically what brandy said. He and I are kinda attached at the hip, and are Co-Founders of the IrunZBad™ foundation.

Also, the standard 20/15's and even more nitty are leaving a LOT of value on the table, not to mention they are so so so so so easy to avoid.

Think of it this way, the two types of players I pick on are the other LAGs and those that are passive. Against other LAGs the game basically becomes EXACTLY HU cash with the occassional multiway pot, but someone who is 32/27 is going to have about the same ranges as a tightish HU player, so it's very familiar territory.

On top of all that, the skill level of the average 6max 1/2 regular is much much much less than the average skill level of the a 1/2 HU regular.

EDIT:

To specifically answer your questions.

I think it's been since February/March that I played 6max with any regularity.

Adjustments: I'm pretty LAG now, probably running 30/26 or so, whereas I was TAG before.

Also, I totally avoid marginal situations. If I'm not the aggressor I probably don't want to be involved in the pot. I abandon tons and tons of small pots in exchange for promoting an image that I'm insane. Couple that with showing down a few crazy hands (calling 3bets IP with 36s for example) and I get paid off quite a bit in large pots.

Why I think the games are easy: The players are very very bad, even the regulars. On top of that, it's very easy to avoid players who seem like they have a clue.
Closed Thread