Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Fours
Black 14 31.82%
Red 17 38.64%
Mixed 13 29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Can anyone fill us in on Vanessa Rousso altercation?

[ QUOTE ]
If Chad Brown is Peter North then that would explain the glazed look on Vaneesa Rousso's face.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best of the best.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLZ
Old 06-20-2007, 01:05 PM

Admo, how did you finish the event?

(I missed your real name.)

Stellar work, keep it up! (photoshop, poker, etc. I'm sure your great at even walking your dog)
Old 06-20-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoever called a clock on her is lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite confused about how calling the clock on someone seems to have become bad form. What's bad form is the same people constantly taking far too long over their decisions while the rest of the table, who all paid to play, sit there grinding their teeth.

If you can't decide what to do in two minutes then you shouldn't be playing at this level IMO. As for the players who dwell up on purpose for whatever reason, they're the ones who are way out of line, not the poor guy who finally calls the clock because he wants to play more than 12 hands an hour.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:07 PM

Someone should incorporate Chad Brown checking behind the nuts.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And FWIW, Jean Gluck's accounts of Vanessa in that same tourney with Liz Lieu:

"Some on this thread may think she's hot, some may not, but one things for sure this girl infuriated ALOT of poker pros. I think every person watching the final 6 tables and on (except her bf) wanted her to get knocked out. Freddy Deeb is not the only incident of foul poker play from her, there are a few others I heard about.

She rivered quads vs. Liz Lieu's full house, When Liz finally called on the river, Vanessa slow rolled by saying first "nice hand".

60 players left she flopped a Q high flush against a J high flush, when she saw her opponents hand she stood up to shake his hand before she showed her cards, She didn't even knock him out of the tournament!! A little arrogant.

The final thing I heard from was someone on the table asked her if she was afaid to play against anyone, she said no. The person asked "Even Doyle??". She responded "Why should I be afraid of Doyle, I have alot more chips than him". lol

I'm very suprised no one punched HER in the face the whole tournament. Also, I guess she was in Costa Rica at the same tournament I was, I don't remember her at all. I'm actually suprised she considers herself a pro. Her whole demeanor is very amateur. I'm sure she doesn't even realize she is hurting her future poker career "

Jean Gluck

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha nice retread of the good ole' Jean Gluck vs. Vanessa catfight.

A lot of hate against Vanessa on these boards tho, I think she's a lot better looking than you guys give her credit for. She also might be batshit crazy...no one wanted to comment on the two short-stack posters? Who's the real goddamn short stack poster.

Why did i just read this whole thread...god.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:09 PM

My .02 on this, without any actual knowledge of any of the participants, based soley on my aggressive tv watching of VR. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

A. She believes what she posted is what actual happened.

B. She has no idea of about 30% of what she says, it's just stream of conscience.

C. She has no idea of how annoying she is unintentionally, from the tone of her voice to her little passive aggressive comments on other peoples play.

D. She, like Jamie Gold, exudes insecurity and tries to cover it up by making annoying comments about how they are making the correct call based on pot odds, often pointing it out 3 or 4 times in a minute.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whoever called a clock on her is lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite confused about how calling the clock on someone seems to have become bad form. What's bad form is the same people constantly taking far too long over their decisions while the rest of the table, who all paid to play, sit there grinding their teeth.

If you can't decide what to do in two minutes then you shouldn't be playing at this level IMO. As for the players who dwell up on purpose for whatever reason, they're the ones who are way out of line, not the poor guy who finally calls the clock because he wants to play more than 12 hands an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, also retreading on Liz Lieu vs. the VR slowroll, VR called the clock on Liz then proceeded to slow roll her ass.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:56 PM

it's remarkable that several hundred posts are made about something that happens all the time in poker.

vanessa, since you consider yourself a poker professional, it's important to start acting like a professional. when i'm at the table, i prefer to let my actual poker abilities and not my mouth do the talking. i don't like to cast judgments, but have found through experience that those who do otherwise and get riled up at the table - especially when they start needling others - usually are not playing optimally. while they are trying to put a specific opponent on tilt, they get out of tune with the flow of the table, and make mistakes later.

likewise, if someone berates my play, i try to put my ego aside. occasionally i find they are correct in their assessment in how i played the hand, and their feedback helps me improve. other times, i find that their feedback points out some lack of understanding in their understanding of the game or in their understanding of how i play, which is potentially exploitable later. in either case, i can make appropriate adjustments based on their perception of my play. the result is that i tend to profit more. so, i see no reason to get upset at an opponent for needling me - especially since they just made me more money in the long run.

please note that i don't condone aaron's behavior either. but whether or not he has as many live tourney cashes as you is immaterial - what matters is whether he's correct about the way you played the hand. for what it's worth, i've won substantially more in a single hand than your entire lifetime live tourney winnings. but that's not the reason you should take into account what i have to say - you should pay attention since what i'm saying is correct and will help you improve as a player and professional.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:59 PM

Calling the clock on somebody when you're not in the hand is doucheville.