Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

[ QUOTE ]
I must say this is the most entertaining thread in HSNL in the longest time

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-20-2007, 10:18 PM

Boooosted, if you care so much about your rep, just pay the guy his money and get this BS over with. I seriously think this is the only way you might salvage your rep at this point.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:18 PM

Boosted,

OK, so what happens is:

You borrow $30k from Filth.

You then borrow another $10k from GUY 2.

GUY 2 at some point asks for his money back.

You have $25k at this point.

You now ask Filth to send you $10k to pay back GUY 2 AND convert the entire $40k to a stake, even though you have already lost $15k.

Then, (even though there has been no mention of this anywhere in the thread until foobar pointed out the $15k issue), you ask GUY 3 who owes you money to give you $15k and (even though the whole reason you are borrowing from Filth is because all these people who owe you money won't pay you back) GUY 3 fires you $15k immediately that you put into your account to replenish the $15k that you had lost from the loan, thus starting the staking arrangement with the whole original $40k that Filth sent you.

Boosted, would you give permission for someone at Full Tilt to release your transaction records during this period to prove that:

a) There was a GUY 2 who transferred you $10k and that you then transferred back $10k after Filth sent you $10k

and

b) After Filth sent you the $10k, but before he sent you the additional $20k, there was a GUY 3 who transferred you $15k.

I'm sure you can see why your story and explanations look very sketchy to many.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:22 PM

El D,

this seems like a reasonable request. Surely, Boosted will oblige. Maybe you could act as a third party - boosted could xfer his money to a trusted friend, you could log into his account, check the transaction records, and boosted changes PW back and life is good.

James
Old 05-20-2007, 10:23 PM

Boosted,
If you wanted to maintain your rep why have you lied about important details?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boosted, would you give permission for someone at Full Tilt to release your transaction records during this period to prove that:

[/ QUOTE ]
What are the odds that the transaction from Guy 3 was "straight up cash homie obv."
Old 05-20-2007, 10:41 PM

SH,

He said he replenished his FT account so it would have the full 40k stake in it.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boosted,
If you wanted to maintain your rep why have you lied about important details?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because more details would be exposed if Guy 3, Filth, and other internet BFFs' total stake amount exceeds the supposed original stake amount?
Old 05-20-2007, 11:28 PM

Everybody,

Like most have said, this was clearly a miscommunication between the two parties. BoostedJ turned his original loan into a staking deal while Filth thought his original loan was safe from the staking deal.

IMHO, BoostedJ was correct in terms of technicality and Filth was correct in terms of stupidity [not that he’s stupid but if that’s the word that needs to be said so one becomes skeptical of 100% safe investment scams, I meant plans, in the future, then I would gladly play the arrogant role]. Thus, BoostedJ shouldn’t be responsible for the payment. However, in terms of ethics, BoostedJ should pay back whatever Filth thought Filth loaned BoostedJ. Because if payments don’t take place after this incident, I believe the value of “gold” has turned into feces.

I wonder what would happen if BoostedJ ran hot at 75/150 and none of us know he was being staked. From what I read around here, I thought BoostedJ was killing the FullTilt games and was making a lot of moneys. But after this thread, the phrase “I don’t quit anyone” doesn’t have the same level of respect anymore. That isn’t to say BoostedJ isn’t a good player, but it does raise questions on the schemes behind these staking deals.

Let’s imagine Guy 1, Guy 2, and Guy 3 staking BoostedJ [but did know they were staking BoostedJ]. Guy 1 staked 30k only 10/20NL, Guy 2 staked 75k for 25/50NL, and Guy 3 staked 105k for both 10/20NL and 25/50NL. BoostedJ played and lost 30k at 10/20NL. Then he also lost 75k at 25/50NL. Technically, he could go to all three guys and claimed he lost his moneys and ended the staking deal unless more moneys are boosted for more playing. Thus, he actually makes whatever amount he lost.

But BoostedJ isn’t a scum so he won’t obviously have such a scheme planned. Instead, there’s only Guy 1 and Guy 2 [but they don’t know about each other]. Guy 1 staked 30k only for 10/20NL. Guy 2 staked 100k for 10/20NL and 25/50NL. Boojsted ran bad at 10/20NL and lost 30k. However, he played the greatest poker of his life at 25/50NL and won 100k. Technically, he doesn’t own Guy 1 30k because he didn’t win 100k at 10/20NL. He could also tell Guy 2 that only 70k is profit because 30k was lost playing 10/20NL, effectively netting him an extra 30k [in addition to whatever percentage of profits he agreed upon with Guy 2].

I’m not saying that BoostedJ creates the above schemes. He might, he might not. I don’t know and I don’t care. However, I just want to point the scenarios so others can take a look and can laugh laugh giggle giggle.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everybody,

Like most have said, this was clearly a miscommunication between the two parties. BoostedJ turned his original loan into a staking deal while Filth thought his original loan was safe from the staking deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...did most people say that?

It is not "clearly a miscommunication" by any means. When one party purposely leaves out details and keeps things intentionally vague, that is not "miscommunication," it is manipulation aka scamming. Granted, Boosted executed his scam cleverly enough to allow it to be confused with "miscommunication" in the worst case scenario, but it's still pretty obvious to "most" of us that he was not on the level at any point here.
Closed Thread