Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 20 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
another thing in this episode: why were the others so stunned to see locke carry his dad back? werent they expecting him to just the day before?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they doubted Locke would actually go through with it.

My theory is:

When Mikhail came running into the Other's newest campsite, he told Ben that the Losties now had a Satellite phone which they could use to contact someone off the island with. Then Locke beats Mikhail's brains out and Ben dismisses the need to go and get the phone away from the Losties because "we are going there the day after tomorrow anyway". This makes me think that Naomi was sent by the Other's, Mikhail isn't as close to the Other's as we thought, and the satellite phone is useless.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
charlie,

half the male audience watches to see kate. as much as they like shock value, they aren't gong to kill her off.

why do i feel like i remember you posting some crazy spoiler rundowns of previous episodes (prior to their airing, and in white) that you had found on the internets?

[/ QUOTE ]

because i did.

but the male audience in regards to kate is meaningless, the ratings plummeted regardless of all the body shots of Kate and most guys dont watch LOST only to stare at Kate unless they are complete losers.

also I could only see them killing Kate if they kill Charlie.

It would be a huge huge shock that would get people talking. It would change the dynamic of the show, and it might solve a problem if ELilly desires to no longer be part of the show--i.e. i'm stuck in hawaii while my fiance/husband is in the mainland.
also characters are normally killed to create conflict

boone--jack vs. locke
shannon--sayid vs. ana lucia n the tailies in general
kate-- could create major conflict between sawyer/jack or jack/juliette or jack/ben etc. so it is def a possibily and would be a bold move.

killing Locke would be a bold move but it would be stupid because he is so important to the overall story of the show/island. Kate is pretty much meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

charlie's death would more be a resolution of the whole you going to die theme.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:36 PM

If you suspect Naomi was sent by the others do you think her getting a punctured lung was part of the plan?
Old 05-12-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you suspect Naomi was sent by the others do you think her getting a punctured lung was part of the plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

As Mikhail said "a punctured lung should heal in about a day on the island." So while it might not have been part of the plan, the Other's know any injury she could possibly acquire on the fall will heal quickly.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As Mikhail said "a punctured lung should heal in about a day on the island." So while it might not have been part of the plan, the Other's know any injury she could possibly acquire on the fall will heal quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Naomi would have survived without assistance, and Mikhail was the only one who knew what to do. And unless you think his speech to Ben was an act for Locke's benefit, he seems genuinely surprised about her. So if she was secretly sent by the others without Mikhail's knowledge, she got very lucky. Plus, crashing in the jungle several miles away from the Lostie camp seems like a pretty roundabout way of infiltration. The only reason the Losties found Naomie is that Desmond can see the future, which the others don't necessarily know.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:09 PM

charlie,

my problem is that now any time i see something posted by you in these threads i have to worry that you're injecting spoilerness without explicitly writing out a spoiler. that makes me sad.

i don't think that one should throw out the idea that although you don't care that anyone who watches the show to see lilly's boobs is a loser, as long as there's enough of them, the network cares. i think that the biggest reason ratings suffered (assuming they did from your post) is that the dialog is frequently horribly bad and not believable. if they didn't want to pander to morons they should stop putting in lines in conversation where characters explicitly speak out what is going on so that the slower viewers understand.

i can see charlie dead by season's end, and i can be happy about it.

if next season starts with "some random day from the POV of 'the hostiles'" i think i'll probably quit watching the show.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Naomi would have survived without assistance, and Mikhail was the only one who knew what to do. And unless you think his speech to Ben was an act for Locke's benefit, he seems genuinely surprised about her. So if she was secretly sent by the others without Mikhail's knowledge, she got very lucky. Plus, crashing in the jungle several miles away from the Lostie camp seems like a pretty roundabout way of infiltration. The only reason the Losties found Naomie is that Desmond can see the future, which the others don't necessarily know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that the only reason Mikhail happened to run into the Desmond, Hurley, Charlie and Jin was because Hurley shot a flare into the air. Just my opinion, but Ben seemed to give up on the phone issue to easily. Mikhail didn't even live with the Other's in their village, which makes me think that he doesn't need to know everything. Again just my theory, and we will have to wait and see what happens.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:22 PM

yeah man i was thinking that myself initially (although never really connected it by saying "oh naomi must be with the others!") but yeah, why would that flare cause mikhail to come running like that..
Old 05-12-2007, 06:41 PM

All this talk of who's gonna die.... too bad we can be fairly certain Jack isn't going to go. He annoys me more than anyone on the show, even Charlie.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
charlie,

my problem is that now any time i see something posted by you in these threads i have to worry that you're injecting spoilerness without explicitly writing out a spoiler. that makes me sad.

i don't think that one should throw out the idea that although you don't care that anyone who watches the show to see lilly's boobs is a loser, as long as there's enough of them, the network cares. i think that the biggest reason ratings suffered (assuming they did from your post) is that the dialog is frequently horribly bad and not believable. if they didn't want to pander to morons they should stop putting in lines in conversation where characters explicitly speak out what is going on so that the slower viewers understand.

i can see charlie dead by season's end, and i can be happy about it.

if next season starts with "some random day from the POV of 'the hostiles'" i think i'll probably quit watching the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ratings were the result of 3 main things comeing together in season 3

1. The move to 10PM..putting it later at night and head to head with CSI etc.
2. No solid lead-in prior to the show
3. The strange call to breakup the season into two parts along with the lack of answers/solid story to start season 3 which after a slow start to the season caused casual viewers to abandon the show...and the never came back.

None of the characters on the show caused its rating to decline.

poor dialogue/acting etc doesn't effect the ratings on a hit show. But with a heavily serialzed show poor plotting and execution can destroy a series.

But the lead-in is the most important.
Put AI as LOST's lead-in and it would be in the Top 5 ratings wise every single week.

FYI I tend to avoid spoiler sites etc when it gets near the end of the season. I usually only view them when im annoyed with the direction the writers are taking a show and if it is pissing me off. Mid way thru Season 3 i was feeling that.
But my friends who know people on the staff told me Desmond's flashback would totally make me fall head over heels in love with LOST again...and they were right.

The writers have full control over the show. If they want to kill Jack-then they will kill Jack.

If they believe killing Kate would setup a great season 4..then they will kill Kate.

all these deaths are a longshot except maybe Charlie and Ben...but u figure they are going to kill a bunch of people to make alot of noise with the show's finale.